- Devops/Linux systems Administrator. I am a motivated IT professional with hands on systems administration and configuration.
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent work ethic, always looking for innovative and efficient engineering solutions in improving network uptime and driving system availability.
- Energetic and zealous self - starter, quick learner with minimal guidance.
- I wish to progress my career in the Information Technology sector where I will use my skills and experience in system maintenance and technical troubleshooting to contribute to an active growth and productivity of the company.
- Infrastructure as code
- Cloud formation
- VPC, IAM role, EC2, Lambda, Cloud watch, RDS, CloudFront
- Version Control Systems: Git, bitbucket
- Bash Shell Scripting,
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Nexus
- Automation/Deployment: Ansible,
- Continuous Monitoring: Splunk
- Virtualization: Oracle Virtual Box,
- Platforms: Linux CentOS 6&7 RHEL 6&7, Ubuntu
- Storage: LVM, NAS
- Web server: Apache
- Ticketing: Jira/Kanban board/Confluence/
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual: English, French
- Apache, Oracle
- APACHE webserver, Process management
- Automation, QA
- Bash, Quality control
- Hardware, x86, Dell
- Content, Scrum, Agile
- Clients, SSH, WINDSCP
- Customer service, Servers, Help Desk
- Customer support, Shell Scripting
- Version Control, Shell scripts
- Database, MySQL
- Documentation, Tech Support, Confluence
- English, French
- Fast, Troubleshooting
- Firewalls, Upgrades
- French language, Web Server
- Help Desk, Written communication skills
- Network installation
- Experience building fully automated CI/CD pipeline (Git - Jenkins - Ansible-Docker-Kubernetes)
- Experience setting a deployment of AWS services using Jenkins and ansible
- Deploying codes to tomcat server through maven projects using Git and Jenkins.
- Building Aws infrastructure in the AWS cloud using VPC, EC2, IAM, Route53, S3, ELB etc.
- Writing yaml files for deploying Docker images using Kubernetes
- Experience in developing ansible playbook (yaml file) and Ansible roles for various application deployments.
- Collaborating with Development and Production teams to ensure smooth running of the pipeline
- Heavy experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of apache Webservers.
- Workload management using Jira software, solving tickets and providing feedbacks.
- Experience with Windows and Linux, Amazon cloud platforms, source control system
- DevOps operation process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, build and Release automation. Change request, service request).
- Working with Dev team, making modifications on the code using Git VCS to clone, add, commit, and push codes from local and master branches to central repositories.
- Participate in daily scrum to improve system performance, and automation capabilities.
- Monitor system infrastructure against zero downtime, perform periodic backups, and troubleshoot failures.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Implementing and control access on Linux server using sudo
- Heavy experience administering Linux servers.
- Performing installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of LAMP stack server
- Experience automating task using bash shell scripts.
- Experience troubleshooting and recovering lost root passwords
- Building Docker images and pushing them to Docker registry.
- Importing and exporting files and directories from one server to another
- Installing configuring and hardening of Linux servers using CIS-benchmark guidelines.
- Troubleshooting access log files, errors log files and web access traffic.
- Managing physical, virtual, and network storage (LVM, NAS).
- Using command line & software server/application monitoring and process management tools.
- User/group administration, file/directory security, authentication and access management (SSH, Firewalls).
- Configuration and management of network services (HTTP, SCP).
- Virtualization (VMware, Oracle VirtualBox), installing virtual machines, network configuration, patching, Package installation…)
- Creating SQL databases, creating users, granting privileges to users, adding content to the table.
- Installation, configuration, and Hardening of standalone Linux servers.
- Performing periodic system updates/Patches.
- Server hardening and path updating to protect system integrity and prevent intrusion.
Help Desk Technician
- Providing fast pace customer service satisfaction in a quota driven environment, providing accurate customer support to clients all over Africa of English, French language backgrounds.
- Hardware assembly and quality control.
- Computer management and maintenance and building computers from scratch.
- Creating files/documents and window folders.
- Installation and upgrade of software, improving speed and performance of laptops/desktop.
- Testing and troubleshooting new applications.
- Providing end-user system support, resolving access and connectivity issues.
- Collaborate with IT professional to track company asset inventory database.