- Highly competent and performance driven storage management professional with 15+ years’ experience in various areas including management, support, vendor relationship, change management. Extensive knowledge in designing and implementing SAN, NAS, Backup infrastructure.
- In - depth understanding of servers, operating systems, enterprise applications as well as storage architecture, business goals and technical strategies.
- Professional detail-oriented Storage administrator motivated to drive projects from start to finish.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organization and presentation skills.
Technical Skills: Administration of EMC VMAX 40k/20k, VNX 5500, Isilon H400, Confidential G1x00 / Gx00, NetApp FAS series 80xx, IBM Storwize V7000, HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200, HP StoreOnce 3620, Brocade DCX 8510, Cisco MDS 9513 using Confidential Command Suite, Storage Navigator, EMC Unisphere, SymCLI, BNA, Cisco Fabric Manager / Device manager, StoreServ Management Console, Cisco UCS manager, SRDF, Time Finder, Performance Manager, Tuning Manager, NetApp OnCommand Unified manager, OnCommand Systems manager, VMware vSphere / vCenter, Commvault Backup, Veritas NetBackup, StoreOnce Management Console.
Management: Confidential Command Suite, Storage Navigator, EMC Unisphere, Solutions Enabler, Brocade Network Advisor, Cisco Fabric Manager, Brocade / Cisco CLI, Ontap 7-mode, Clustered Data Ontap (CODT) 8.x/9.x, OnCommand Unified manager / System manager, StoreServ Management Console, Cisco UCS Manager, VMware vCenter, Snapmirror, Snapshots, Commvault v11, HP StoreOnce Management Console 3.x, Veritas NetBackup 7.x
Storage: Confidential VSP Gx00 / Gx00, EMC VMAX 40K, VNX, Isilon, NetApp FAS 62xx, 80xx, AFF 200, IBM Storwize V7000, HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200, Cisco MDS 9513, Brocade 8510, Symantec SL8500 Tape libraries, Cisco Nexus 55xx, Cisco Rack Servers
Replication: Confidential Universal Replicator, True copy, EMC SRDF, Open replicator, Time Finder Clones, NetApp Snapmirror, Snapvault, MetroCluster
Monitoring: Confidential Data Center Analytics including RIAT, TMEA, Hi-track, BNA, Operations Manager, Commvault CommCell, Veritas Command Central, VMware vSphere
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2012, Solaris 8/10, Linux (Rhel 7.x), VMware ESX 4.x/5.x
Senior Storage Administrator
- Served as Regional Product Owner for Confidential Data Storage in N America for Storage as a service transition.
- Oversaw, designed, implemented and managed the Storage as a service transition program.
- Installed, configured and administered Confidential VSP G1x00 / Gx00, EMC VMAX 40k/20k, Isilon, VNX, NetApp FAS series, HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200, IBM Storwize V7000 using Hi-Command suite, Storage navigator, EMC Unisphere, SymCLI, OnCommand Unified / Systems Manager, StoreServ Management Console, Storwize Web Console.
- Implemented remote replication solutions using Confidential Universal replicator, True Copy, EMC SRDF, NetApp Snapmirror.
- Performed Data Center exit migration project using EMC SRDF, Open Replicator.
- Administer, monitor and manage NetApp FAS 80xx, 62xx, AFF 200 systems using On-command Unified manager, On-command System Manager and CLI.
- Configured SVM’s, aggregates, volumes, and qtrees, created and managed NFS exports / CIFS shares.
- Configured Snapmirror (VSM) from production systems to DR and online snapshot for local retention.
- Installed, configured NetBackup media agents, master agents, Symantec tape libraries.
- Performed troubleshooting of backup / restore failures on many platforms with varied configurations.
- Administered, monitored and managed HP StoreOnce 3620 using StoreOnce management console.
- Provide operational Storage as a Service to specific clients to a specific SLA, maintaining a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Data storage systems migration from Ontap 7-mode to CDOT, that supports company's critical applications.
- Configure and maintain BCP using storage replication solutions including EMC SRDF, Confidential Universal Replicator, NetApp Snapmirror.
- Experience with Cisco UCS Manager, Monitored, managed Virtual infrastructure on VMware ESX using vSphere / vCenter.
- Evaluating the performance of the storage frames using Tuning Manager, Performance Manager etc.
- Maintain, enhance, and implement system changes up to and including entire complex systems infrastructure, adhering to the established industry standards.
- Monitor and control the performance and status of the infrastructure and the physical computer equipment on which systems and applications operate.
- Ensure that the operation of the infrastructure is in accordance with established procedures and practices.
- Work with other technical teams in the support and enhancement of the core infrastructure to ensure reliability and resilience, while at the same time making the environment more cost effective.
- Propose and implement systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Monitor usage and performance and troubleshooting server, software, and hardware issues.
- Proactively recommend, schedule and implement system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components and system software.
- Plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls), ready for operations.
- Analyze outages and defective states, initiate and monitor measures to remedy them (3rd level support).
Senior Storage Administrator
- Installed, configured and managed VMAX-4, Cisco 9513's across data centers in N.A as part of tech refresh.
- Worked closely with Engineering & Product Management to plan and devise migration methodologies to migrate hosts off DMX4s.
- Deployed NAS re-architecture from 3-Tiered NetApp enterprise storage model comprising of FAS 30xx (Hop), FAS 30xx (Skip) and legacy Near stores (Jump) to a more powerful and cost-effective FAS 3270 / 3240 for source and destination which resulted in overall 33% reduction in NAS filer estate in the Americas.
- Big Rock" initiative for data center migration project that included migrating 750+ servers, 40 storage frames from NJ to CT using EMC remote replication solutions that included SRDF, Open Replicator, SAN Copy.
- Administered Veritas NetBackup 6.x infrastructure including daily system health checks and backups. Work with Platform / Database teams to troubleshoot and resolve routine NetBackup issues.
- Worked closely with NetBackup Product Owner to devise standard operating processes and procedures for testing, installation and management of Backup systems.
- Migrated legacy CX arrays to a more powerful and cost efficient CX 3-80 and McData switches to Cisco MDS 9513s out of NY data center and repurpose / decommission hardware which would result in consolidating footprints to strategic datacenters in N America.
- Deployed and successfully tested the Disaster Recovery (DR) solution for tier-1 applications by failing over services using SRDF (Sync / Async) and restored services back to primary after testing.
- Storage provisioning for CIFS / NFS clients using NetApp FAS Series enterprise storage systems using Filer view, NetApp CLI.
- Served as primary product owner for EMC VMAX for Storage Americas (IB) and Technical lead for NetApp flexpod's roll out for (Wealth management) in the Americas.
- Implemented Auto provisioning, Virtual provisioning; configured, monitored & managed thin pools, implemented FAST VP depending upon business requirements.
- Configured Snapmirror (QSM) from tier-1 production systems to DR; configured online snapshot retention locally and NDMP backups for long-term data retention.
- Installed and configured EMC Open replicator to facilitate data migrations across different data centers in N America using Cold push and Cold pull.
- Configured Time Finder Clones and provisioned them to secondary hosts for application testing / UAT purposes.
- Designed and implemented SAN fabric expansion and migration of Connectrix M Series ED-32M / ED-64M to Cisco MDS 95xx Directors.
- Familiar with VMware ESX 4.1, Virtual center installation, configuration.
- Managing VMware ESX 3.5 with EMC / NetApp storage with replication software's.
- Maintained operational stability for IB storage environments by achieving target SLAs for availability, performance and recoverability.
- Participated in the completion of operational improvements for NAS MPHA and Ontap 8.0.3P3 via quarterly infrastructure weekends and others by agreement with client.
- Tested and implemented Secure NFS (NFS v 4) with Ontap 8.0 on Filers serving Unix Clients.
- Worked closely with Engineering and product management to design and implement customized Business solutions for SAN / NAS services.
- Consolidated access points for EMC support by providing a uniform, standards based ESRS solution for EMC storage arrays thereby reducing costs by elimination of modems and modem lines across all strategic data centers.
- Provide operational management, technical maintenance, troubleshooting, and tuning of storage architecture and technologies.
- Deployed latest engineering certified SAN OS, Microcode, Flare code, Data Ontap, Shelf / Disk FW upgrades.
- Maintained accurate inventory of NAS / SAN IB storage infrastructure and reporting for chargeback using VERITAS Command Central.
- Administered, monitored and managed a multi-petabyte storage environment from DMX 3 / DMX 2000 using EMC Control Center and SymCLI.
- Provisioned storage from Clariion CX 700 / CX 600 using EMC Navisphere Manager.
- Deployed a comprehensive and sustainable data storage systems migration that supported company's instant mission-critical online transactions at the top-tier from DMX 2000 to DMX4-4500 using Open Replication / SRDF business continuity solutions.
- Designed and implemented SAN fabric expansion and migration of Connectrix M Series ED-32M / ED-64M to Cisco MDS 9509 Directors.
- Consolidated the expansion by upgrading from Clariion CX 600 to a more powerful and higher capacity Clariion CX 3-80 Fiber channel storage systems for other vital mid-tier business applications such as data warehouse using SAN copy remote replication solutions.
- Configured and maintained a disaster recovery solution for Tier 1 applications using SRDF remote storage replication solutions.
- Consolidated 3-Tiered NetApp enterprise storage model comprising of FAS 960c (Hop), FAS 940c (Skip) and R200's (Jump) to a more powerful and cost-effective FAS 3040c / 3060c for source and destination.
- Configured Snap mirrors (QSM) from tier-1 production F3060c systems to splats F3040c file servers; configured 30 days snapshot retention locally and NDMP backups for long-term data retention.
- Installed and configured ECC infrastructure agents discovered objects (Arrays, switches, hosts etc.) in the infrastructure.
- Monitoring of SAN environment using ECC and configured ECC alerts.
- Routine tasks include discovering disks, formatting, creating volume groups & logical volumes as per the file system requirement from application /development team using VxVM / Linux VM and mount file system.
- Responsibilities included troubleshooting and resolving routine issues like one-path-down.
- Identified underutilized host-based assets using Storage Scope reporting and proactively resolved capacity allocation issues.
- Responsible for the system software up gradation and installations, maintenance of the system by installing and upgrading the application packages.
- Install and configure the modem, routers, hubs and LAN terminal servers.
- Installed Windows, HW and SW configuration, system upgrades and application of fixes.
- Documentation of trouble-shooting procedures and close interaction and co-ordination with support partners for OS and hardware maintenance.
- Involve in technical discussion and design and prepare recommendations for purchase, including impact analysis and risk analysis.
- Providing technical support and aiding the developmental projects, which Includes testing of the hardware / software manufactured for a wide variety of applications.
- Utilize defined processes for change control and problem management.
- Respond and resolve help desk tickets.
- Manage setup and maintain the groups and user accounts.
- Work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Troubleshoot operating system installs, software installs such as MS office, Antivirus etc.