- Over 20 years of professional work experience providing UNIX Systems Administration on AIX, HPUX, Solaris and Linux.
- Perform updates and patching to systems.
- Experience with AIX 5.1, 6, 7 and Red Hat Linux
- Support and manage the Symantec Netbackup environment, including Data Domain, ensure backup and recovery for a variety of systems.
- Over twenty years of experience providing 24X7 support for a major medical center, including AIX, Linux and Solaris
- Experience building servers.
- Provide customer support and work on many projects.
- UNIX Systems Administration
- Backup Administration
- Symantec Netbackup
- Symantec Vault
- AIX 5.1
- AIX 6
- AIX 7 HMC
- EMC Data Domain
- Symantec Opscenter
- Provide 24/7 support to AIX Unix Systems.
- Perform System Administration duties on all AIX Systems.
- Install and update software and operating system as needed.
- Perform firmware updates and patches.
- Monitor systems for performance and errors.
- Correct any system problems.
- Perform EMC San updates as needed.
- Provide support to Linux systems as needed.
- Working with Networker for Backups.
- Work with ticket system and resolve problems and user request.
UNIX Solaris Engineer
- Provide solutions to the Solaris UNIX Environment.
- Build and modified virtual zones as needed
- Researched and tested and apply new technologies to improve the Solaris Environment for the customer.
- Provide solutions to the operation team to perform migration and upgrades to systems.
- Provide and document solutions to operations team to correct system problems.
Sr. UNIX Administrator
- Provided 24X7 support for a variety of UNIX servers, including AIX, Linux, and Solaris.
- Managed the NetBackup environment which runs on Symantec NetBackup and Data Domain.
- Ensured successful backup and recovery for all systems.
- Ensure critical systems are up and meet the customer needs.
- Worked with customer on disaster recovery needs and perform disaster recovery testing and verifications.
- Provided AIX OS support of AIX 5.x AIX6.x and AIX7.
- Supporting systems in multiple datacenters.
- Involved with planning, purchasing of new systems by working with vendor and the customers on needs and to ensure the correct hardware was purchased.
- Racked and stacked al new equipment, work with networking teams on IP addresses and cables, as well as working with the SAN team for disk size and needs.
- Managed and perform all updates to the backup master and media servers.
- Performed updates and firmware updates to the LTO Tape units, and correct any issues. Balance backup policies with a variety of customer needs and demands to ensure backups are performed at the proper time windows and correct any failed jobs.
- Worked with the networking team and other areas as needed to resolve and improve backup performance and bottlenecks, this also may include working with a variety of vendors on different backup strategies to overc ome challenges.
- Worked with Symantec Opscenter for reporting on backups and to ensure the customer recovery objectives are met.
- Set up and managed NetBackup vaults for automatic duplication of data to encrypted tapes to go off site.
- Performed all updates, upgrades and system hardware changes.
- Responsible for performance tuning and monitoring of systems.
- Corrected any issues with client backups and ensure the recovery objects are met for each client and departments.
- Migrated lab system running on VMS to AIX P7.
- Moved HMC’s off layer 2 networking to just regular IP using ASM and configuring each system.
- Corrected all malfunctions, including working with vendor on resolving hardware issues, or replacing customer service replacement items such as disk, hot plug cards etc.
- Worked across many groups, networking, SAN, customers on any changes or needs for the customer.
- Worked with all aspects of administration such as disk space, extending volumes, adding new disk and LVM managing.
- Provided RedHat Linux support for servers on HP Hardware and on VMWARE.
- Set up Link Aggregation for improve performance and fail over on backup media servers running RedHat.
- Set up Linux Redhat for Genetic Lab customer to meet their needs as the current system was not performing up to their needs.
- Resolved connecting instruments to the server as well as some access controls.
- Worked directly with the customer, and all levels of management on other projects.
Confidential - Dearborn, MI
- Supported UNIX Systems in a lab environment for Confidential Motor Company.
- Performed integration testing for AIX, Linux and Solaris platforms.
- Performed various test procedures to ensure new updates, systems function as expected in the testing environment before being rolled out in production.