- Telecommunications professional with more than 25 years of wireless and wireline network experience.
- A proven track record in core and backhaul network design with a recent focus on networks tailored for broadband wireless testing and demonstrations.
- Introduction to the Junos Operating System.
- Junos Routing Essentials.
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Essentials.
- Cisco ASR 5000 System Administration and Configuration.
- ONS15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) Test, Turn Up, and Operations.
- PacketStar PSAX Multiservice Media Gateway Configuration.
- MAX TNT Voice over IP Installation and Operation.
- ATM Configuration.
- Frame Relay I and II Configuration.
- Naviscore NMS Installation and Operation.
Telecom Design Engineer
- Perform all edge and core configurations and troubleshooting on Cisco ASR901 and Cisco ASR9K including VRF, VLAN, Bridge Group, Bundle -
- Ether and BGP Design, configure and integrate multiple UERelay’s and Mini-Macro’s in the Dale City OTA test bed including microwave backhaul and public backhaul over DOCSIS using SeGW.
- Engineer on a team that supports the configuration, integration and testing of UERelay, Mini Macro and Macro eNB's.
- Engineer in a team responsible for the design, implementation and integration of LTE into the existing WiMAX OTA (over-the-air) test bed network in Arlington, VA and RF test chambers in Herndon, VA, including EnodeBs from multiple RAN vendors including Samsung, Huawei, ALU and Nokia.
- Configure and maintain the network core consisting of a microwave backhaul network using Layer 2 Ciena switches, Cisco Routers, ASN gateways and Cisco ASR5000 running multiple Enhanced Packet Core (EPC) contexts, Bridgewater Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and Home Subscriber Servers (HSS). Engineer in a team responsible for the design, implementation, integration and operation of the new OTA research and development environment in Dale City, VA. The cluster includes 9 cell sites in multiple clusters with a mix of EnodeB vendors, using single and dual mode technologies, Carrier Aggregation (CA) and Beam Forming (BF).
- Engineer in a team responsible for the integration of the legacy Confidential OTA network into the Confidential lab LTE infrastructure along with design, implementation and integration of Confidential vendor EnodeBs into multiple OTA networks. Developed custom environments in support of POC testing for the Technology Development organization.
- Provide configuration and software management support for the Phoenix OTA test bed. Created an environment for RF Coexistence testing and Enhanced Circuit Switch Fallback (eCSFB) testing with 1.9 GHz CDMA voice, EVDO, FDD LTE and 2.5 GHz TDD LTE.
- Deployed two Cellsite on Wheels (COW) with microwave backhaul for small cell and PICO cell testing. Provided hardware and software fault analysis for all elements of the combined LTE and WiMAX OTA networks in conjunction with vendors and RAN/Device testers. Responsible for all configuration and software changes and updates on all OTA equipment, including EMS upgrades and Fixed Network Element (FNE) code upgrades.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, integration and operation of the WiMAX OTA research, development environment. This was a full end-to-end WiMAX environment that included 17 OTA test cell sites, 21 microwave links, numerous RF test chambers, three RAN vendors, four Access Service Network (ASN) vendors, a variety of backhaul technologies, along with connection to all necessary back office systems and test tools.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, deployment and integration of the Confidential WiMAX demonstration systems utilized in major trade association shows, such as the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), The Wireless Association Show (CTIA), WiMAX World and several others.
- Each of these systems was a self-contained end-to-end WiMAX network using production level equipment requiring a unique portability. Oversaw the design and production of custom portable cabinets to protect and transport the multi-million dollar demonstration systems.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and integration of the End-to-End Device Integration Environment, created to provide a production-like setting for testing of device interaction with back-office systems and Open Mobile Alliance Device Management (OMA-DM) provisioning Provided hardware and software fault analysis for all elements of the WiMAX network in conjunction with vendors and testers. Responsible for the training of new engineers in the operation of OTA networks. Responsible for creation of custom environments in support of POC testing for the Technology Development organization.
Senior WAN Engineer
- Support Confidential ATM Transport Network. Provide Tier III operational support for high-availability production IP network and ATM WAN.
- Responsible for supporting the design, test and implementation of Cisco 6500, Cisco IGX/BPX ATM switches and Lucent PSAX switches.
- Perform analysis and diagnose complex networking problems, as well as provide design assistance, performance engineering services, and architectural network design. Plan and execute highly complex network upgrade and network migration activity. Act as focal point for highly complex network problem resolution.