- Dedicated and results oriented professional with 25+ years of experience in system administration and network engineering.
- Leverages extensive technical knowledge to communicate TEMPeffectively with clients and stakeholders to assess project requirements and scope, develop and design innovative system and network infrastructure, and manage projects post implementation.
- Proven leader and mentor with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead cross - functional teams of all technical levels, presenting information to assess, design, and manage a variety of systems.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Network Installation & Maintenance
- Customer Liaison & Scope Assessment
- Leadership & Team Coordination
- Requirements Gathering & Management
- Cross-Functional Communication
- Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
- System Design & Implementation
- Engineering Lifecycle Management
- Documentation Control
- Network Design
- Project Management
- System Architecture
Confidential, Grayson, GA
- Managed several client contracts at once, communicating with customers to determine technical needs, advertise products, and design and manage systems, backup services, networks, disaster recovery projects, and other business vital technical operations for SMB market.
- Spearheaded innovative technical system and network design in accordance with client requirements, ensuring all project deliverables were met and exceeded for TEMPeffective implementation and future management. Regularly installed VMware, Xen, and Citrix Xenserver for customers with Linux and Windows operating systems, additionally completing WAN optimization projects for data replication when required.
- Efficiently installed all hardware and software services within client infrastructure including firewalls, IPS, switches, and routers, monitoring systems post implementation to ensure TEMPeffectiveness and pre-emptively resolve potential issues and roadblocks.
- Functioned as a leader and mentor to internal client employees, providing training on system management, troubleshooting, and technical issue resolution to safeguard network and system success post contractual obligation.
- Maintained professional relationships with all third party vendors, negotiating mutually beneficial contracts to ensure continued business and operational success.
- Created and maintained a high volume of business vital documentation including contracts, network layouts, historical tracking data, and other technical reports, utilizing great care and attention to develop accurate internal and external documentation.
- Performed all general accounting duties including management of accounts receivable and payable, invoices, and several other processes, ensuring accurate legal compliance at all times.
Confidential, Altlanta, GA
- Successfully maintained all aspects of client IT networks, installing and troubleshooting servers, workstations, routers, switches, and software with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Managed a high volume of projects and tickets at once, organizing time and prioritizing tasks to be able to meet all predetermined deadlines and guarantee client satisfaction.
- Collaborated with several internal departments to manage projects, assess technical issues, and develop creative solutions as required to provide efficient consultation to clients.
Consultant, Atlanta, GA
- Spearheaded development of company procedures for remote support to contract customers, allowing Micro-fix technicians to remote control workstations, install software applications, maintain software and hardware inventory, and supervise imagine workstations without traveling onsite.
- Led massive migration project for client moving operations to Georgia, TEMPeffectively installing and reinstating hardware, software, tracking systems, and operations crucial databases for a popular shipping company.
Software & Applications: VMware 5.5 - 7.0 | Citrix Xenserver | Datacore | Netware 3.x, 4.x, 5.x & 6.x | Groupwise 5x-6x | Netware 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, & 6.x | Active Directory | Microsoft SQL | Backup Software - Veeam and Unitrends
Hardware: Switches - Cisco, Arista, HP, Dell | Servers - HP, Dell, IBM | Firewalls - Cisco, Forcepoint NGFW, Sophos XG Firewall | Silver-Peak WAN Optimization |Storage - NEXSAN, Dell, and Lefthand