- Network System Assurance Engineer with proficiency in planning, installation, configuration, monitoring, testing, risk assessments, compliance audits, vulnerability scanning, network devices, systems to protect from attacks.
- MSCIS from Bellevue University combined with experience in network advance installation, planning, architecture, design, integration, configurations, implementation, monitoring, detecting, troubleshooting, and mitigating issues to resolution.
- Experience of working in a fast - paced environment, resolving data networking problems, ensuring network integrity, perform correlation of events. applications, enterprise and host to identify suspicious activity .
- Experience working with Juniper and Cisco data networking gear, F5 LTMs load balancers, Checkpoint Firewalls, SolarWinds, ServicePoint and troubleshooting issues involving TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, VPN, SSL, SNMP, CDP, SIP, QoS, 802.1x, 802.1Q, Radius, DHCP, DNS, HSRP, LACP, IPsec and Wi-Fi. VPN and other advanced LAN/WAN technologies and concepts.
- Knowledge and understanding of information risks, concepts, principles and industry standards like NIST, HIPAA, SOX, etc. Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and technologies
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures and standardsQuick learner and adapter of new technology, equally successful in both team and self-directed settings, understanding of threats, risks, vulnerabilities, confidentiality, integrity, availability of systems and services.
Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN; DNS, NTP, Firewalls, F5, ACL, UDP, IPsec, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, SMTP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, VPN, SIP
Security Tools & Platforms: NIST, Frameworks, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, SIEM NetFlow, Qualys, Security Onion, Nmap, Wireshark, IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus
Software: MS Project, Access, MS Visio, MS Office
Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows 9X/NT/2000/Vista/ 7/ XP/8/10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Mac OS
- Supported DC Datacenter networks as well as Quality Assurance, Development and Corporate network interfaces. Accountable for network technologies including Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewall, load balancers, WAN management & capacity planning, digital certificate PKI management, disaster recovery planning & testing of the network.
- Completed all network and firewall configs, installation, BGP and Peering, VPNs (Customer and in company), Authentication and 2-factor, DNS/Certificate administrator.
- Performed network modeling, analysis, and planning of future network growth. Develop and document technology roadmaps.
- Practiced network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
- Provided high quality support for internal and external participants on connectivity issues. Assisting with customer and vendor troubleshooting and support for network issues.
- Knowledge in load balancing and traffic managers - F5 BIGIP LTM and GTM.
- Managed and configured Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco ASA AnyConnect, and all user’s VPN certificate administrator.
- Performed system administrator tasks on Checkpoint firewall, Cisco ASA devices.
- Monitored network to ensure network availability and security hardening to all system, VPN users and perform necessary maintenance, troubleshooting to support network visibility.
- Troubleshoot clients (banks and financial institutions) connectivity to Confidential CWS, SCO, ATM NCR, Fraud guard and segmentation routers,
- Configured, administered firewalls and Intrusion detection system (IDS), intrusion prevention system (IPS), vulnerability scanning, SIEM, Network access control (NAC)
- Upgraded and monitored security products such as firewalls, rules, policies, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanning, SIEM and synthesized information generated from logs, authentication systems, content filtering and other sources to effectively respond to emerging threats.
Network System Assurance Engineer
- Managed, configured, troubleshot audited, monitored Juniper 8216 MX960 series as well as Cisco Routers and switches 1000,3850, 6500, 7000 (Nexus), 9000, 10000, 12000 series, ASR5000, ASR5500 etc.…
- Managed Traffic and Bandwidth congestion, Queuing, TCP/IP protocols, routing protocols, network management, proxy servers, Access point, VPN and security policy and fibers Installation.
- Knowledgeable in the configuring and use of various network services such as DNS, DHCP, ACL and various NAT implementations with Cisco devices.
- Experienced of Cisco IOS routers, Nexus switches technology, Juniper, Ericsson, Nokia (Alcatel Lucent), Network protocols, Wireshark, NetScout
- Good knowledge of Cisco LAN/WAN protocols and technologies including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Ethernet, Spanning Tree, TCP/IP, SNMP, CDP, SIP, QoS, 802.1x, 802.1Q, Radius, DHCP, DNS, HSRP, VPC, LACP, IPsec, VPN, Firewalls ..
- Identified vulnerabilities, potential impact to implement network redesign and mitigated issues.
- Monitored alarms, security alerts and built threat Intelligence knowledge base.
- Performed analysis to determine scope and root cause of security event with remediation and monitoring experience .
- Worked collaboratively with other network compliance and Information Security team members to develop, create, maintain, and update policies, standards and procedures.
- Assessed risk potential and vulnerabilities in real-time and address issue proactively
- Developed and documented detailed network specifications and standard, including routers and switches configuration, IP subnetting, VLAN, ACL, VPN configurations.
- Designed and implemented information security controls in different applications and business processes as required by the business or various regulations or standards.
- Ensured network communications and hosts within business framework adhere to security policies and standards and develop solutions to address the protection of information assets.
- Participated in network incidents conference bridges, network security, MOP reviews and audits.
- Managed multi vendors projects, relationships with Alcatel Lucent (ALU), Nokia, Ericsson, Juniper, Cisco, Red Hat to success.
Data Systems Engineer
- Configured and troubleshot routing protocols OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP- V1 and RIP-V2.
- Set up Access point, Proxy server, VPN, Honey pot, SSL and other encryption methodology technologies. Protection all servers in DMZ of Network.
- Architected, developed, deployed and supported information security systems and solutions such as key management, dual factor authentication, password vaulting anti-malware, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol authentication.
- Analyzed multi-vendors products specifications and evaluated performance, reliability, integrity, operability.
- Performed analysis of network and host security needs and contribute to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software components
- Facilitated the deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of system and applications.
- Built dashboard, automated issues notifications, and collaborated with cross-functional teams to save time and resources during outage.
- Performed investigations as appropriate and recommended corrective actions for security incidents.
- Monitored and analyzed traffic and system security events and logs.
- Prioritized and differentiated between potential intrusion attempt and false alarms.
- Collaborated with network and operations team to help maintain/upgrade or troubleshoot network and hosts to a secure environment.
- Conducted successfully standardized testing and reporting from the many networking tools used to baseline network element performance which tools included RTT (1x, EVDO, LTE, EBH), eHealth, ELPT, SevONE, Brix, Netscout, Irisview, Rop Analyst, NCWS, Autotest, Handset Analyzer, Wireshark, Packet Sniffle, Brocades.…
- Manage regional EBH config tool to ensure it evolves with network configurations and software upgrades.
- Managed all Ethernet technologies (ALU & Cisco) and backhaul vendors to obtain root causes analysis for all outages, immediately obtained/created and distributed preventive procedures to avoid reoccurring issues.
- Monitored Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on regional data networks and correct anomalies.
- Participated in First Office Applications (FOAs) and other projects as scheduled.
- Integrated system in Alltel acquisition; trained employees to save company time and money. Conducted data network advanced installation, operation and maintenance, software upgrade, configuration and implementation.
- Experience updating daily logs with site-specific information Compose clear and concise reports for system documentation.
Member of Technical Staff
- Worked with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiency based on the testing results and managed all phases of testing for assigned component ensuring test plan and test cases are accurate.
- Analyzed equipment performances records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Supported internal employees in monitoring and testing wireless network performance, desk phone, laptop, and resolving or escalating any network trouble tickets.
- Collaborated with IT team on regional projects; maintained high end user satisfaction at 99.99%.
Technical Support Representative
- Helped customers set up router (Home network wireless) with IP address configuration MTA, DVR, HD, digital box, cable modem.
- Educated customers to prevent unnecessary service calls; trouble tickets
- Managed tickets through REMEDY system, for service upgrade/downgrade, disconnect work orders, data issues, connectivity or any other technical problems.