- Skilled and experienced Network Engineer proficient at overseeing complex diverse networks with a focus on proactive optimization. Detail - oriented with strong troubleshooting, training, communication, and analytical abilities.
- ISR 4000, ASR 1K, ASR 9k, Cat 9200, 7600, 6840X, 6500, 4500, 3500, 3750, 2900, Nexus 5K, 9K and Stratix 8000 Industrial (IOS) switches
- Palo Alto NGFW-3000, 5000, 3200, 5200 series
- F5 Big IP LTM, GTM, APM-code revisions 9.x-14.x
- Brocade MLX, Super X, SX800, VDX, ADX, ICX, FESX, ADX, FCX, and CES platforms
- Cisco DCNM, Palo Alto Panorama, Opengear Lighthouse
- Juniper SRX 3400, 3600, 220, 100, and EX2200, EX4200 platforms
- Network and security design following industry standards and best practices
- Networking protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPLS,VSS, VxLAN, NAT
- Network analysis and mitigation using Wireshark, netflow, and traffic pattern analysis
- Single Point of Failure analysis and DR/BC planning
- Windows Server administration: GPO, WSUS, AD, Domain services, DNS, DHCP, Windows Print Services.
- Infrastructure installation of multimode, singlemode, MPO fiber, as well as Cat3, Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6
- Software: Ubuntu v11+, Ubuntu Server, Windows 98, Windows 2000 Prof., XP, Vista, Win7, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, WSUS, MS Office, Symantec, Acronis TrueImage, Visio, draw.io/diagrams.net
Intermediate IT Network Support
- Network Administrator for 6 USG sites, entailing VPN support, security policy implementation, networking configuration, software updates, equipment lifecycle refreshes, and issue mitigation for customers.
- Managing and optimizing WAN services for 80+ educational institutions across Georgia. Supporting and optimizing WAN/LAN/wireless services for 8 USG related sites.
- Design and integrate an Opengear OOB router management solution to ensure WAN devices across PeachNet are accessible via cellular connection, replacing failed modem lines and reducing costs while increasing reliability.
- Provide assistance to other team members and customers to resolve issues quickly and completely.
- Lifecycle management of Big IP LTM, GTM, and APM solutions. This includes installation, repair, and providing the best solution to realize customer requirements.
- Security posture assessment and increased security stance across the organization.
- Support BoR partnership with DoE and ENA networks to provide customer support for 250+ school systems ensuring a highly available service for customers and proper resolution of problems.
- Technical networking skills utilized include OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP(v2), QoS, WAN policing and shaping, MPLS, VxLAN, IPSec VPN, GRE tunneling, 802.1q, IPv4, STP, HSRP, VRRP, Anycast Gateway, VRF
- Architect on Nexus 9K leaf/spine stretched data center utilizing DCNM for automation and provisioning. Primary engineer on LAN/DC/WAN refresh projects.
Network Administrator Specialist
- Architect and engineer F5 Big IP LTM load balancer to phase out Brocade ADX and ServerIron Load Balancers before EoL.
- Service, operate Juniper, Sonicwall, and Fortigate firewalls.
- Monitor and sustain core Brocade devices including Brocade MLX 16, Super X, SX800, ICX, FCX, VDX, ADX, CER, and CES platforms across large 500+ site network.
- Offered technical guidance and interfaced with customers to attain service deployment within specified deadlines.
- Technologies networking skills utilized include VRRP-e, OSPF, VCS, RSTP, switch stack, port security, Juniper VC, chassis clustering, VoIP, MPLS/VPLS, Cisco UWS, Cisco Prime Infrastructure Manager.
- Project Architect on initial deployment and lifecycle management of Big-IP LTM 6900 platforms.
- Principal engineer for rolling equipment refresh including scheduling and communicating to team members, change management board, and customers expected rollout dates.
- Primary engineer on Brocade VDX design and deployment to update and fortify data center fabric services using TRILL.
- Support DoD critical base operations systems for Navy Marine Core Intranet (NMCI) network consisting of 100+ networking nodes. Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco Catalyst L2/L3 switches/routers.
- Worked with customers to understand requirements and execute appropriate solutions to address client needs. Gained working knowledge of DoD procedures and policies.
- Worked efficiently and quickly to resolve issues and replace faulty equipment replacement.
- Project coordinator upgrading Cisco Catalyst series switches.
- Lead engineer on updating infrastructure and communicating timelines to customers and vendors to meet deadlines.