- Extensive experience developing, maintaining, managing and monitoring complex and demanding IBM Power Systems environments.
- Many years of Progressive, Cumulative, and hands - on experience working with: AS400, iSeries
- IBM Power Systems (P5-P7), Unix Servers, Window Servers, SQL Servers, along with other various HW/SW platforms.
- IBM Systems Management & Administration Security Management & Administration
- Operations Management OS Upgrades/PTF/Patch Process
- Systems Performance Management Network Support
- Data Center Operations DR/HA Management
- SME: IBM i operating systems, DB2 (Database) and related products
- SME: IBM i Systems Analysis, design and troubleshooting of Application performance
- SME: IBM i LPAR Configuration and Maintenance
- SME: IBM i Logical and Disk based replication technologies
- Fluent: iDoctor Pexing, Navigator, NETIQ, and other NW Analysis tools
- Power/IBM i/iSeries/AS400
- OS Upgrades
- DR, HA, & BC Expertise
- Win 2K/XP/6-10
- Performance tuning & analysis
- Win. Servers 03-10
- BRMS Planning & Configuration
- OS400-V7R2 Upgrades
- CMS (Turnover, MKS, ALDON)
- IBM Power HA
- Authority Broker
- SAN Storage Technology
- Technical Documentation Writing
- Special Environments Desktop Software
- LPAR Management
- MS/ Word (O365)
- Pathfinder (Hawkeye)
- MS/ Excel (O365)
- Client Access/Rumba/Reflect.
- MS/ Power Point (O365)
- MS/ Project (O365)
- Multi LPAR with Multi iASPS
- MS/ Access
- MS/ Publisher
- Windows A/D
- MS/Visio (O365)
- MQ Series (WMQ)
- MS/Outlook thru 2013
- Service Now Help Desk
- ViewPoint (SQL)
- Juniper Help Desk
- Solar Winds
- ERP/ Confidential Software Packages Programming Skills
- JDE (World)
- RPGILE, Binders, Service Pgms
- Stored Procedures, Triggers
- MAPICS I,2,DB,XA-R7/INFOR
- Oracle (9i, 10g, 11i)
Confidential, Worcester, MA
IBM Power Systems Administrator/SME
- Daily support of P5/P6/P7 servers running: AIX, VIO, and IBM i OS installations.
- Daily Overall Security support/fix for multiple platforms running: AIX, VIO, and IBM i OS.
- Daily support and management of: P720/IBM i running Infinium Financials, CMS (Turnover), and Payroll.
- Daily support and management of: P740/AIX/VIO running TSM (Tivoli Storage Management).
- Daily support and management of: P740/AIX running all NW Application interfaces (Over 500).
- Occasional support of: P520/AIX running Monarch’s - DataWatcher.
- Work closely with IBM Support (Local & Remote) whenever HW/SW issues might arise.
- Work closely with NOC/DC to assure Systems/Security integrity and availability.
- Drafted plan for IBM I OS upgrade: 7.1 to 7.2 on 3 LPARS.
- Daily interaction with SYS Admin. Team regarding multiple HW/NW issues.
- Attended on-site education for: VROPS, Service Now, NAGIOS, TSM upgrade (7.1-8.1), and NETIQ
Confidential, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Assisted project manager with data mapping from BPCS database to XML documents on newly updated OS (V7R2) and initiated SFTP within organization.
Confidential, Raynham, MA
- Worked within the SAP Master Data team, responsible for creating a variety of change orders and change requests, which are being used to develop new, and/or replace Legacy Database/User Security processes and procedures that the company will implement/use for a new Global SAP (BtB) Project rollout.
- Assisted with several of their business units which run iSeries Legacy systems (MAPICS, BPCS, JDE, CMS) that would be “retired” through this global effort.
Confidential, Lake Success, NY
IBM Power Systems SMEResponsibilities:
- Performed migration of company’s P5 520 system to a P7 720 (V6R1 - V7R1) with multiple LPARS.
- Complete responsibility for IBM Power 7 Security, along with ERP/SOX SW Security.
- Engaged with Corporate Disaster Recovery (DR) team for solution of IBM environment.
- Completed new install and reconfiguration of MIMX (DR) for 2-node environment.
- Modified in-house written Exit Programs on DR machine.
- Implemented BRMS utilizing a, 3584 Tape Drive with LTO-6.
- Engaged as Primary Support Person for ERP System (INFOR).
Confidential, Tacoma, WA
IBM Power Systems Administrator
- Re-designed and Re-Implemented DR plan for Company.
- Company operated 1-570, 1- 550, and 1-520.
- The 570 was their primary machine with the 550 acting as a data replication machine
- Upgraded OS on multiple LPARS from V5R4 to V6.1. One LPAR upgraded to V7.1
- Engaged with Data Migration project for existing ERP system (Frontier) to Oracle 11i.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. IBM Power Systems Administrator
- One of two individuals that acted as the liaison between PFG and Confidential ’s off-shore infrastructure team. Performed daily: Mentoring, Tutoring, and Support for the entire off-shore team (20+).
- Daily interaction with: KERBEROS, NET IQ, AUTHORITY BROKER, LANSA, TURNOVER, ROBOT, DDM, ODBC, ADO, TCP/IP, iDoctor, PEXING, support.
- As a key team member, had a major role in the over-haul of the entire IBM footprint. Hardware and systems were upgraded to 2 - P7 770’s and 1 - P7 750, and an 8870 *SAN with SST drives, all new FC throughout, and a new VM solution for the company’s extensive FAX environment.
- Managed 2 cross-global infrastructure teams responsible for design/implementation of IBM Power/HA.
- Additionally: OS Upgrades: From V5R4 to V6R1 to V7R1 over multiple LPARS.
- Acquired new or re-negotiated all licenses for all SW agreements.
- Created new policy/procedures for IBM monitoring tools for 24x7 support for all on/off shore resources.
- Performed Daily Mgmt./Admin. for company’s original six P6 550/570s with 22 LPARS, 6-VIO, 6-iOS, 2-AIX, and 24 iASPs. Implemented: BRMS via 2-VTL appliances.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
IBM Power Systems administrator
- Installed 2-Power7 (710, 730) utilizing VIO/iOS.
- Installed and maintained iOS (V7r1), AIX/UNIX, and Linux environments under separate partitions.
- Installed Power5/6 machines running V6r1/V5r4 with multi-partitioning and multiple OS.
- Installed and maintained BRMS and Tivoli utilizing native and OEM VTL’s and drives.
- Installed and maintained Robot/SAVE while utilizing Tivoli and OEM VTL’s and drives.
- Developed extensive DR plan/solution to utilize SOA VTL technologies.
- Delivered technical and user documentation/education to “Non-IBM” technical and support personnel.
- Engaged in effort to assimilate IBM hardware within Non IBM network(s) to perform single point “BRMS” Management across multi-hardware.
- Designed, created, wrote, and implemented procedures, programs, and scripts to create/duplicate Terra byte size databases for testing VTL, Mass storage techniques, data replication, and de-duplication process.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. IBM Systems Administrator
- Supported multiple client installations of their IMPACT Security Trading software for P6 & P7 Systems.
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, and providing day to day support for multiple security tools
- Including: NetIQ, Power-Tech, iDoctor, and Authority Broker for IBM Power Systems
- Delivered Logical/Cost saving solutions to clients migrating to new IMPACT database
- Assisted company clients with data migrations and DR plans across multi-platforms
- Daily interaction/support with: ROBOT, ROBOT/SAVE, Aldon’s CMS, MQ SERIES, and TIVOLI.
- Provided 24x7 System support on a rotating basis with off-shore team.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
IBM Power Systems Administrator
- Supported multiple P5/P6 installations with over 60 partitions in 5 countries. (Multi OS levels).
- Engaged in daily support and management of MQ SERIES and MIMIX.
- Managed and monitored over a 36 hr. period a complete fail-over/HA swap test.
- Assisted with daily management of: ROBOT, iDoctor/Pexing, TURNOVER, and TIVOLI
- Engaged as “SME” Security consultant for the IBM Power Systems while working closely with other System
- Administrators (Windows, Unix, and Mainframe) on security and DR failover issues.
- Maintained/revised/contributed to company’s IBM Power Systems Technical Standards document.
Confidential, Westminster, MA
Technical Project Manager
- Led Data migration project of entire Canadian Business division (350M+) for new ERP and HW Systems
- Migrated multiple legacy systems to Baan ERP, Oracle Sales and Service, and Hyperion financials.
- Led and managed multiple off-shore and in-house teams to complete the project in twenty months.
- Successfully retired 12 IBM iSeries machines across Canada, Mexico, and U.S.
- Delivered SW/HW/Auditing solutions to a variety of clients, including:
- Delivered HW and DB migrations from legacy platforms to multiple iSeries and Power Systems.
- Numerous OS Upgrades: V4R1 thru V7.2.
- Working with KPMG and DT, delivered multiple SOX Audits for Several Financial Institutions.
- Designed and implemented systems with multiple LPAR configurations for multiple clients.
- Delivered and upgraded multiple clients from MQ to WMQ.
- Delivered Application and Technical Education for JD Edwards, PRISM and INFOR’s: BPCS, and MAPICS.
- Delivered multiple MIMIX installs and configurations.
- Developed and deployed programming solutions utilizing:
- RPG: III, IV, ILE, FREE, CL, CLP, CLLE, HTML, Java Script, SQL, Classic ASP, and some .NET.
- Daily hands-on experience CMS: TURNOVER, MKS, and SILVON.
- Delivered multi-client upgrades of BRMS and Robot Products.
- Delivered Remote System Monitoring, Admin., HA/DR Implementations, Configuration, and Project Mngmt.