- To obtain a challenging position that will align with my skills and industry experience while contributing to a growing organization and maximizing a return on the investment.
- Over 20 years of experience in the Information Technology industry deploying both voice and data network infrastructures. Possesses proficient technological background with solid understanding of TCP/IP internetworking in multi - protocol environments while maintaining excellent communication skills with team members as well as customers.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for the network performance and maintenance at the Georgia World Congress Center, Wilmington Convention Center, Savannah Convention Center, LeConte Convention Center, and the Broward County Convention Center.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of the switches, routers, and firewalls while maintaining our service level requirements for all customers.
- Responsible for interfacing with show management groups and exhibitors to determine requirements for individual event networks and integrating these networks with the facility.
- Responsible for the business security including IPS,NAT,VPN, and various LAN-to-LAN tunnel support.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an NMS solution, which utilizes Open NMS, RRDTool, and Orion.
- Responsible for fully documenting internal and external topologies relating to Confidential .
Confidential, Norcross, GA
- Responsible for monitoring the network infrastructure for abnormalities and promptly respond to ensure network availability.
- Proficient knowledge of the network devices and TCP/IP communications consisting of Cisco routers, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Local Directors, Foundry Server Irons, and Check Point Firewalls.
- Monitoring tools consist of Concord Live Health, HP Openview, and Network Instruments Observer Probes.
- Provided support for the Bellsouth Telecommunications Internal Network infrastructure. Responsible for working closing with project coordinators to gather installation details along with scheduled deadlines.
- Installed LAN networks and key telephone systems within Bellsouth Work Centers and Central Offices. Configured CSU/DSU’s, printers, and print servers.
- Installed access routers and switches. Installed and configured Meridian Norstar phone systems and Star-talk voice mail systems, Meridian Option 81C, Lucent ISDN sets, and Nortel Venture phone systems.