- Seeking a position in UNIX/LINUX Administration, utilizing my over 25 years of support experience in an engineering environment, of which, nearly 12 years at teh U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Administering and Supporting Redhat 6/7 physical and ESX hosted linux vms, Solaris 10/11 physical/LDOM hosted Solaris 11 servers on a daily basis, in a datacenter environment.
- Participate in a 24X7 Unix on call rotation lasting a week, supporting all datacenters and districts, once every 6 weeks.
- Participate in scheduled weekend patching cycles, to patch servers at teh datacenters and districts, twice a month on weekends.
- Typical tasks inclusive of, but not restricted to, server builds/migrations, administration of Solaris zpools, zones, zfs & LDOM, LVM configuration, performance monitoring, LDAP, SNMP, iscsi/nfs, SAMBA, puppet, STIG servers, preparing firewall requests, system standardization, spacewalk repository issues, replace faulty components as needed, assist peers and documentation.
- Configure/Deploy/Debug Apache/Tomcat on all T7 - 1 servers.
- Resolve Remedy tickets, review spectrum alerts and proactively remediate issues to meet SLA.
- Build and decommission, RHEL servers in an ESX environment, Solaris 11 servers in an LDOM environment, while adhering to an SOP.
- Work wif vendors like Oracle and Redhat to open Service Requests to remediate server/Xsigo switch issues, Operating System, Patching, functionality, bugs, spacewalk issues.
- Work independently and collaboratively wif peers and vendors, as needed, to resolve server issues for customers.
Application Support Analyst
- BEA WebLogic domain Administration, Testing, Integration and deployment of java applications in a 3 tier Environment. Weekend app deployments.
- WebSphere MQ series Migration from 6.x to 8.x.
- Solaris 10 installation, installation and configuration of Oracle10g, Apache, MySQL, Alfresco, write shell scripts for development.
UNIX Systems Admin
- 24X7 support of UNIX servers running Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX in a datacenter environment.
- Resolve server issues wif Veritas Volume Manager, Logical Volumes, NIS/NFS/DNS, site migrations, consolidation and systems integration of migrated sites into a data center environment.
- UNIX Systems Support of about 100 CAD/CAE workstations comprising of HP and Sun UNIX workstations running various CAD/CAE applications.
- Configuring workstations, LSF job submissions to HP compute servers, setting up HP Ignite/SUN jumpstart servers, and systems integration.
Engineering Systems Engineer
- Unix Systems support of about 100 HP, IBM, CAE Workstations, and IBM Compute Servers, running nearly 50 CAE applications.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting CAE software, operating system upgrades, writing Unix shell scripts, resolving user’s issues wif applications.
UNIX Systems Admin
- Unix Systems support of a cluster of 7 Auspex servers supporting nearly 1000 Unix workstations in a datacenter environment.
- Support and Administer an ADSM backup system
- Data migration and systems integration of standalone sites to teh truck datacenter.
- Sun ONC RPC Programming and implementation, for parts databases.
Servers: Sun T7-4/T7-1/T5-8/T5-4/M9K/M5K, Dell R720/R710, HP L-2000/N-4000, Auspex NS7000.
Operating Systems: RHEL 7/6, Solaris 11/10, VMWare ESX 4.x/3.x, HP-UX 11.x/10.x, AIX 5.x, Windows 10.
Tools: Apache 2.x, Tomcat 8.x, Samba 3.x, Oracle 12, CA Spectrum, BEA WebLogic 9.x, VxVM 4.x, Remedy, MySQL 5.x, Openldap 2.x.