- Administration, design and support of Linux systems and Solaris systems at USAF AFMC/AFRL organizations and commercial establishments.
- Over 30 years with significant Linux, Solaris and HP - UX experience in Production environments, large and mid-size, on-site and AWS Cloud DevOps/Agile Cloud systems environments.
- Expertise in Linux/Solaris/HP-UX full systems administration, Middleware engineering, SaaS/IaaS/PaaS environments, SAN/NAS/shared storage integration, performance tuning, monitoring, systems automation, scripting and code development.
- Thorough, strong database administration/design skills, networking, high availability infrastructure and applicable systems/applications experience.
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Technical lead of d-3 Systems, providing technical integration services to mid-size companies. The focus involves maintaining Unix/Linux systems, ensuring quality performance, high system uptime and keeping the customer satisfied. Automation of systems and application processes are put fully in place. Linux 6.x, 7.x and 8.x maintenance/upgrades are continually occurring. Applications are also monitored and supported as needed. Administration and management of Cloud, Internet and intranet Unix/Windows servers and database systems makeup the scope of the initiative.
- Strong working knowledge of Apple OS X/iOS programming. Developed iPhone/iPad Apps and supporting tools.
- Internet Services Administration - Providing full Internet services to small businesses including Email, WWW, FTP, DNS/domain management and complete user support.
- Database Support/Administration - MySQL and Oracle Database DBA duties were performed including data conversion, backup/recovery, disaster recovery planning, database updates, database maintenance, and system hardware upgrades.
- Involvement with system software includes use of a LAMP Framework, MySQL, Apache, Tomcat, Python, CGI, PERL, C/C++, BASH/shell scripting, Oracle Server and SQL Server. Extensive security/firewall experience and automation techniques have been applied. Managed all aspects of the environment providing 99.98% uptime. Provided network, database and server on-site and remote support to customers.
- Secondary tasks involved integration and management of Exchange Server and SQL Server into an Active Directory environment. Developed web-based database management systems including a contact management system, hardware management system, printing company job management system, and invoicing system. SQL Server administration, SQL Server tuning and system operations were completed in the .NET environment. Performed SQL Server tuning throughout multi-year database growth. Completed skilled performance management with SQL Profiler, Query/Execution plan use and index use/tuning.
- Designed 23 educational iPhone/iPad applications using the XCode Objective-C programming language. A full administration portal was provided to allow application maintenance.
- Performed an upgrade of the Active Minds, Inc. website PHP code from version 7.2 to 7.3 to comply with SaaS specifications.
- Stopped a DDOS attack that was running for weeks; stopped by locking out intruding IP addresses.
- Designed, developed testing and put into Production LAMP Framework environments for small/mid-size companies.
- Setup a suite of DNS servers maintaining several (~30) websites.
- Designed and implemented a MySQL/Linux based Business Operations System, a Microsoft SQL Server based data warehouse system for security event data, and an Oracle Security Event database system across multiple servers, using logical and physical modeling (Oracle JDeveloper), replication, and reporting technologies.
Senior Linux/Solaris Systems Enterprise Engineer, Systems/Application Administrator
- Provided overall System Administrator, Application Administration and System/Application Support Duties on specific NIPRNet and DREN servers.
- Performed Linux/Solaris server administration, maintenance, installation, automation, design, system tuning, security, performance and monitoring.
- Performed full support of applications running on the servers.
- Designated SME of Linux systems automation and coding projects.
- Assigned as technical documentation lead to organize and maintain technical quality during changes in employee and infrastructure growth.
- Used CommVault backup and restoration software to design and setup the high availability solution for Solaris systems.
- Performed server performance checks, tuning and monitoring, commonly managed through VMware and direct console access.
- Conformed to Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Provided web services, web security and Tomcat/Java support.
- Provided Oracle database administration and support, including using Toad regularly to run SQL queries and reviewing existing tables.
- Obtained and used DevOps/Agile core team skills, involving a mixture of Scrum and Kanban workflow management.
- Provided Second Level and Third Level client support, for both IT and business users.
- Documented policies, procedures, technical information, etc.
- Provided technical instructor/teacher to co-workers/staff.
Senior Systems Enterprise Engineer
- Middleware engineering, systems administrator, applications administration, system/application support duties
- Performed Linux/Solaris server administration, maintenance, installation, automation, design, system tuning, security, performance, monitoring and upgrades. Also performed full support of platform applications running on the servers
- Amazon AWS Services experience including S3, EFS, EC2, ECS, EKS, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation and IAM
- Operated with Agile and DevOps core teams in AWS Cloud environments and local in-house infrastructures
- Technical manager of automation and coding projects
- Automation tool development and operations
- Server security
- Server performance, tuning, monitoring
- Web services support, web security, Tomcat/Java
- Oracle Middleware Fusion stack build/management
- Database administration and support/use
- Full Second Level client support, both IT and business users
- Document policies, procedures, technical information, etc.
- Technical instructor/teacher
- Middleware Application Layer build/administration - Built/managed Oracle Fusion stack systems supporting web applications
- Administrator of Oracle OHS, WC, UCM, SOA, OIM and OID Middleware applications using both GUI and command line controls
- Microsoft Fast database cluster administration, MySQL administration
- Involved in setup and implementation of Network Attached Storage (NAS) and NFS shared storage systems