- 8+ years of experience in IT specializing in Linux/DevOps engineering and working on server - based OS like Red Hat 5.x,6.x,7.x, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, SUSE, AIX, and Solaris as a System Admin, System Engineer, and DevOps Engineer.
- Over three years of experience in DevOps and Cloud environment, where worked on tools for configuration manager (Puppet/Chef and Ansible), CI/CD (Jenkins), version control (Git) as well as experience in Cloud IaaS with AWS and AWS Cloud Administration including services such as S3, EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, ELB, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto Scaling, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudTrail and OPS Work.
- Experience in managing Ubuntu, Linux, and Windows virtual servers on Physical, virtual, and AWS cloud.
- Experience working with tools like SVN and Git for version control and used source code management client tools like Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI, and other command-line applications.
- Experience working on Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine as well as creating Docker Images, Docker Registry, and handling multiple images.
- Expertise in providing technical support for the Integration/trouble shooting of Confidential &T 4GLTE RAN network.
- Experience in wireless communications signal processing including 2 or more of the following areas: modulation and demodulation, direction finding (DF) and 2G, 3G and 4G wireless standards/protocols (e.g. GSM, GPRS, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE)
- Highly motivated LTE Test Engineer with several years of experience in 4G/LTE and CDMA networks. Areas of expertise include 4G RAN testing, End to End Network Level Validation and Quality Assurance.
- Expert in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, and AWS.
- Extensive experience in the installation/configuration of kubernetes and clustering them, and managing local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of the OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Configured and managed Nagios for monitoring over the existing AWS cloud platform.
- Involved in active integration effort for building out PaaS with Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, and working with developers on application containerization effort.
- Experience with build tools like Ant and Maven to build deployable artifacts from source code.
- Hands-on Experience automating cloud infrastructure setup via AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible Playbook, and AWS CodeDeploy.
- Experience working with Ansible Playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching, and software deployment
- Extensively involved in implementing continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, and Rundeck.
- Deployed code on Web sphere Application Servers for Production, QA, and Development environments using WSADMIN scripts and integrated then with Python/Jython scripts to enhance the functionality of the deployment process.
- Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, network security, and security groups using AWS IAM.
- Experience using Amazon CloudWatch and created alerts for instances.
- Expert in writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and make an overall process improvement compared to any manual processes.
- Exposed to Hudson, Jenkins, and AnthillPro for Continuous Integration (CI) and an end to end automation for all build and deployments.
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows … A|X.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN,TFS.
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOSS.
Automation Tools: VSTS, Jenkins/Hudson/Octopus
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build, Gradle, Terraform.
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Scripting: Shell, PowerShell, Bash, Python.
Virtualization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, VM virtual Box and VMware.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Jira
Cloud Platform: Microsoft Azure, AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud formation, AWS Config,.
- Worked in highly collaborative operations team to stream line the process of implementing security Confidential Azure cloud environment and introduced best practices for remediation
- 4+ years of experience as a Site Reliability or Operations Engineer
- Analyzing the landmark of 150 subscriptions for various business cases to apply organization specific security guidelines
- Gathering the requirements from the clients about the existing applications to apply the security measures
- Understanding the latest features like (Azure DevOps, OMS, NSG Rules, etc..,) introduced by Microsoft Azure and utilized it for existing business applications
- Creating, validating and reviewing solutions and effort estimate of converting existing workloads from classic to ARM based Azure Cloud Environment
- Developed automation system using Powershell scripts and JSON templates to remediate the Azure services
- Support web based applications with systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Worked on GIT to maintain source code in Git and GitHub repositories
- Evaluate Linux systems and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability
- Created builds and release pipelines in VSTS and done deployments using SPN (secure endpoint connection) for implementing CI/CD.
- Implemented automation for deployments by using YAML scripts for massive builds and releases
- Created LTA (Logical Technical Architecture) diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Used tools like Visual Studio Community Edition, Visual Studio Code, Power Shell ISE and SQL Server Management Studio
- Responsible for Configuring Kafka Consumer and Producer metrics to visualize the Kafka System performance and monitoring
- Worked for 5 scrum teams (Java,AEM,Jenkins,Ant, Maven, SVN,git, Agile methodology, cucumber scripts, sonar, XL Deploy and XL Release, SharePoint,CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker)
- Conducted Dry-Run Tests to ensure fool-proof execution of customized scripts before execution in production environments.
- Worked on implementing backup methodologies by Power Shell Scripts for Azure Services like Azure SQL Database, Key Vault, Storage blobs, App Services etc.
- Created Azure services using ARM templates (JSON) and ensured no changes in the present infrastructure while doing incremental deployment.
- Majorly I’ve dealt with an Web-app, Key vault, SQL Server DB, Storage Account, Redis Cache, Automation Account, Scheduler and Notification Hub
- Configured the XL Deploy and XL Release for all the applications from scratch, once the build package is available, then promoted with simple enable options to deploy in the targeted servers.
- Tested the services in different aspects to achieve the best practices in different service integrations and locations according resource groups and subscription level
- Acted as build and release engineer, deployed the services by VSTS (Azure DevOps) pipeline. Created and Maintained pipelines to manage the IAC for all the applications
- Assigned RBAC policies Confidential group level and user level as per the LTA created for the services implemented new (Automation account, scheduler, notification hub, IOT Hubs, Batch and other services)
- Wrote power shell scripts to create the parameter files automatically for all the services in Azure Resource Manager
- Assigned RBAC Roles using Organization Active Directory Confidential the Subscription Level to grant accesses only to required members based on Least-Access Privileges (we use CWS Groups)
- Collaborated with cross functional teams (firewall team, data base team, application team) in execution of this project.
- Used Service-Now tool for managing incidents and change request tickets
- Experience in troubleshooting the SQL Server connection issues on incremental deployments
- Provided status to Business Level management and Technical and conducting Proof of Concept for Latest Azure cloud-based service
Environment: .Net, Azure, Powershell, XL Release, XL Deploy, Kafka, GIT, AWS, Redis, VMware, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Open Stack, Docker, Jira, Maven, VSTS, Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack
- Managed and improvised the build infrastructure, including implementation of build and CI/CD.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications in an agile environment.
- Administrated Linux and Windows environments using Ansible, Chef and Puppet based on the needs.
- Created and Configured Jenkins server using Ansible and Shell scripts.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins
- Involved in daily Scrum meetings. Also involved in Iteration/Sprint planning meeting to plan the efforts for upcoming sprint based on the priority and estimated effort.
- Participated in weekly release/Environment meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Performed unit tests and debugging Python applications reviewing and enhancing existing code, fix bugs and create system documentation.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL database.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository, GitHub Enterprise is used.
- Implemented new docker container creation process for each GitHub branch gets started on Jenkins as Continuous Integration server.
- Integrated Kafka source to read the payment confirmation messages
- Maintained and administered GIT source code repository and GitHub Enterprise.
- Implemented Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed and Implemented ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automation of build process on MAVEN build tools to test the application manually and run the JUNIT Test suites in TDD fashion.
- Developed Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Worked on Jenkins to implement Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat /Web Logic Application Server.
- Owning the Activity of Upgrading, administering, plug-in management, and User Management and Job creation in Jenkins.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Worked with AWS API to manage resources on AWS for many services such as EC2, S3, VPC, Cloud watch, ELB, Auto-scaling and SNS, created python script using AWS API Calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS.
- Deployed and hosted the application on AWS using Ops Works, automated single click deployment onto AWS using Chef.
- Worked on building & deploying Java code through Jenkins, used Jenkins Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS and worked AWS Cloud management.
- Implemented custom procedures to unify streamline and automate application development and deployment process with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure using Nagios.
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Terraform, Python, Ansible, SVN, Puppet, Open Stack, Docker, Kafka, ANT, Jira, Maven, VSTS, Powershell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Salt stack, Azure.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Setup Chef Cookbooks to perform builds and deployment management.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo, including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build-outs.
- Configured Kickstart server and worked on updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server; Applied patches on Red Hat Linux servers and AIX and performed remote system administration using SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set up the security groups, ELB, AMIs, Auto scaling to design Highly available, cost-effective, and fault-tolerant systems.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked on planning and implementation of system upgrades, including hardware, operating system, and regular patch upgrades. Installation, configuration, and administration of VMware. Automation of jobs through crontab and autosys.
- Set up a CD (Continuous Delivery) environment with the use of Docker and Wercker, continuous build, and delivery tools while working along with the dev and support team.
- Used Jenkins and Maven to implement new projects build framework.
- Worked with the team to develop the automation framework for Application Deployments to AWS.
- Assisted on migration from Datacenter to AWS.
- Installed and configured RHEL 4.0/5.0/6 and SUSE 10.x in dev, test, and prod servers and later monitored and supported those servers.
- Involved in the SAN migration project from EMC Clarion to Symmetrix disks.
- Installed and configured Sendmail, DHCP, DNS, and Samba servers.
- Created and managed user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space, and process monitoring. Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
Environment: Docker, Cassandra, Fortify scan, Sonar, Python, VSTS, Java/J2EE,SVN,GIT,Codehub,ANT, Maven, SVN, Nexus, Artifactory, RHEL, Solaris, Tomcat, CA Rally, Unix/Linux, Jenkins, Shell scripting.
System Admin (Unix/Linux)
- Involved in building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA, and UAT/Staging.
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers.
- Responsible for supporting Linux servers for prod, development, and testing.
- Worked on installation, configuration, and maintenance of DHCP, DNS, NFS send mail server.
- Implementing Remote System Monitoring with Sun Microsystems.
- Performed extensive Logical Volume Management (LVM) tasks.
- Performed day-to-day troubleshooting backup and restore problems and troubleshooting for the end-users on Solaris and Linux based servers.
- Configured and maintained NFS servers on Linux.
- Setting up Oracle 8 server in Linux/Unix environment.
- Performed installation and configuration of LDAP.
- Performed the addition of swap space Confidential run time.
- Worked to resolve TCP/IP network access problems for the clients.
Environment : Ant, Java/J2EE, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Solaris, Python, Shell Scripting, WebSphere, Oracle, Nexus.