- IT Professional with robust experience in infrastructure and systems engineering roles, with extensive experience in project management and analysis. History of success leading teams providing expertise in planning, collaboration, scheduling and executing all stages of project management and enterprise software, hardware and system implementations.
- Active Directory NetApp | WSUS | Windows IPSEC | Shavlik | VMware 2.5 - 6.5 | VMware Converter SRM
- Veritas Netbackup | Data OnTap | Unicenter TNG | HPSA v9 | CCNA | ESXi 6.0
- CCSP Course | EMC / Navisphere | Platespin Migrate | Bladelogic | EMC Powerpath |Opsware | Comp TIA Security +
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior VMware Engineer
- Built strong relationships with team members and engineering team enhancing an agile work environment.
- Executed common tasks and recommended innovations to deliver virtualized services that satisfy a diverse range of internal customers.
- Actively contributed to the delivery of a virtualization strategy that supports IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Supported Packer Automated Build Environment nested ESXi Hosts as well as working directly with OS engineers on their automated builds.
- Experienced with basic administration of Windows and/or Red Hat Linux servers.
- Provided server hardware administration experience - HP Bladesystem, Cisco UCS, Dell, etc.
- Utilized Poowershell CLI to create scripts to manage very large VMware environment, such as migrations, information gathering, large scale modifications
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Build OSE
- Utilized HP Helion CloudSystem v10.0 to deploy Virtual Servers primarily Redhat 7.2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 onto our Private Cloud Environment delivering IaaS Infrastructure as a Service to our customers.
- Utilized Microsoft Azure to deploy VMs built MS Federation server, AD Domain controllers, DNS Server, on premise AD and Off premise Azure AD synchronized infrastructure.
- Provisioned Linux and Windows servers in a production environment to meet business needs for Data Centers.
- Provided daily standup meeting to go over technical issue and new projects.
- Automated processes to speed up productivity and cut down on lead time.
- Utilized HPSA for remediation of Servers, Execution of Scripts or Installation Packages, as well as for Audits of servers.
Lead Infrastructure Engineer
- Collaborated with high level executives within the company on every large project and worked closely to contribute on a technical and strategic level.
- Managed and troubleshot ESX, Windows server and VMware VSphere, provided exceptional Virtual machine management tools and remote system administration.
- Architected new Production VMware Cluster and merged with Current Prod. Cluster built and deployed new cluster, designed plan for migration into the new cluster working with upper management through the process directly.
- Integrated Duke Energy’s Domain into domain; before the production merge, built a test domain that matched Duke Energy’s iAD Infrastructure in order to test the Integration.
- Utilized vRealize operations manager, leveraging the different dashboards and widgets for performance monitoring, health monitoring, and capacity management.
- Carried out scheduled activities like Patch Management, using WSUS providing root cause analysis and troubleshooting incidents, managing High Level Incidents, and re-architecting patch management.
- Contributed to internal knowledge management system, leading staff teams in all phases of project management and IT systems integration and troubleshooting.
- Worked Directly with the SCADA Team within our company on a Systems Engineer level and also provided specialized patching in accordance with their Standards.
Windows Server/Vmware Engineer
- Guided team as lead engineer for specific servers, running versions from 4.1 to 5.1., and Windows 2012.
- Deployed several VMWare Servers via Standard Templates, installed Standard Confidential server tools on each build created.
Senior Infrastructure Management Specialist
- Utilized Platespin to convert more than several Physical Machines to virtual, also performed along with DBA Team several SQL Migrations to new machines with upgraded OS and SQL Versions.
- Standardized VM Templates for several Flavors of Windows, contributing to VM Pre-Build Checklist and developed a post-build high level Checklist for engineers.
- Created cifs shares on Netapp filer and utilized MS DFS to create UNC share
- Created FlexVol volume Netapp NAS to contain your data
- Created snap-mirror volumes on Netapp NAS, geographically diverse Netapp devices for redundancy