- Network Engineering Manager with extensive experience and success improving and optimizing networks that support the organization’s operational goals.
- Delivers high - performance teams through mentoring and training. Driven to identify and resolve root cause issues and committed to taking on challenges.
- Over 10 year experience in architecture, design, implementation, support and management of network-based systems.
- Accomplished at integrating emerging technologies into network solutions.
- Broad experience utilizing various network technologies.
- Over five years recruited, hired, trained, mentored, and coached technical staff.
- Managed a team of eight direct and indirect Network System and Software Engineers.
Major IP Systems: Routers, Switches, Wireless and DSL equipment by Cisco, Juniper, HP, Zyxel, Motorola.
Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, BGP.
VoIP Systems: Cisco, VocalTec, Nuera, Quintum.
Telecom/Data Systems: Paradigm, Adtran, NewBridge, Mitel, NACT, Inter-Tel.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX.
Server Systems: DNS Bind, Radius, Sendmail, Veritas Backup, RODOPI OSS.
Network Monitoring Systems: CiscoWorks, MRTG, PRTG, SNMPc, WireShark, WhatsUp.
Security Systems: Check Point Firewall-1, WatchGuard, FortiGate, Cisco ASA.
Senior Network Consultant
- Baselined, benchmarked, and reviewed network performance of the largest ISP in Haiti then recommended hardware and configuration changes that after being implemented increased usable bandwidth and reduced errors to less than 0.01 % across all network nodes.
- Reduced support calls tagged as voice issues by over 87% by proposing, tracking, analyzing, and putting into effect QoS on a converged network making sure voice traffic was not interrupted by data traffic.
- Co-authored a Network Requirements Document for use by the QA team of a Fortune 500 company as well as the Verification List and Procedures to confirm compliance for use by the auditing team.
- Designed, configured, and maintained call center solutions using Cisco Call Manager for call control and Cisco Customer Response Solutions to handle IVR, customer service queues as well as agent and supervisor interactions.
- Lowered operating expenses and improved network efficiency for a call center by investigating contracts and billing from multiple telephony and internet carriers which uncovered numerous erroneous charges and unused capacity.
- Instituted system to authenticate users and enforce subscribed bandwidth on WISP network and conducted in-country training of personnel to perform basic operations and maintenance.
Network Operations Manager
- Prepared and implemented Disaster Preparedness and Recovery procedures on ISP network including the NOC, 28 Colocation Sites, two data centers, and eight Wireless Towers that were successfully utilized including during a major natural disaster (Hurricane Wilma).
- Led the creation of a wireless security procedure manual for international wireless LAN deployment using Cisco WCS and Cisco WLAN controllers with Lightweight APs and successfully piloted it for a worldwide carbonated soft drink manufacturer .
- Increased scalability for future growth and decreased incident response time by implementing and mentoring team on use of standards, processes, policies, and best practices.
Senior Network Systems Engineer
- Spearheaded the consolidation and alignment of ISP’s networks and customer base into existing architecture, maintaining four nines of reliability (99.99%) following acquisition.
- Designed, tested, and optimized VPN and VoIP solutions in an enterprise environment connecting over 30 international sites to a central location via public internet, eliminating the need for costly dedicated links.
- Created, tested, and managed the deployment of WISP services using Motorola Canopy Clusters and redundant OFDM backhauls.