- Administration and support of production web service applications, enterprise data sciences environments and related systems architecture; supporting global IT infrastructure & corporate IT, DevOps, and Infosec teams.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, migration and day to day administration of Windows & Linux server infrastructure in datacenter, hybrid virtual compute environments, and public cloud infrastructure including: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Systems Configuration Management (SCCM), Qualys PM, BigFix, New Relic, DevOps automation tools (PowerShell, Desired State Configuration / DSC, Chef, Puppet), Jenkins for CI, Docker, GitHub, SVN for Source Control.
- Support and maintain data architecture within a variety of network infrastructure, load balancing (Big IP, F5); SNMP, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, IPsec and more.
- Multiple certifications, including AWS, ITIL v3, MCSE, MCP, A+, Six Sigma Green Belt, and more.
IT Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SCCM, Qualys PM, VMware ESX, HP - EVA SAN, EMC Clarion, HP Blades, HP Insight Manager, GPO, MS Exchange Server, Boxer Server, BladeLogic Enterprise Automation Tools, Docker App Containers, Puppet, and Chef.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, LINUX Red Hat/ Ubuntu/CentOS, UNIX, HPUX.
Enterprise Applications: New Relic, Service-NOW, HP Service Manager, MySQL, SQL Server, TFS, Visual Studio, MS Office 365, MS Access, MS Excel, Flash, Citrix, Tivoli, BMC Remedy ARS, Microsoft Outlook, Active Directory, Clarify, SharePoint Server, MOSS, SMS, Big Fix, Repliweb, and ADAM.
Network: Cisco IOS, Site Scope, Checkpoint Firewall, Sonic Wall, Siemens PBX, VoIP, LAN, WAN, SAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, VPN, Wi-Fi, T1, DS3, MPLS, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, WEP, WPA, WINS, LDAP, Terminal Services, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, VPN, and IPsec.
Trade Practices/Methodologies: DevOps, Agile, SDLC, AD&S, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, ITIL v3 / ITSM, SOA, and Disaster/Technology Recovery Planning
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Responsible for administration and support of Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, SSRS and ADFS using PowerShell and Azure CLI.
- Implemented patch management solution. Leveraged Qualys Cloud Agent Gateway Services to fast-track continuous deployments of software updates on all mission-critical systems including: zero-day vulnerability remediation and compliance reporting. Automated the full-lifecycle of discovery, testing, scheduling, implementation, and validation.
- Configured and supported SCCM software distributions using the CAS model, Software Metering, maintained management & distribution depos, Desired Configuration Management State and client OS provisioning.
- Setup Chef Server, client and wrote cookbooks and recipes to deploy applications on Dev, QA, and Production environment. Developed modules, manifests, classes to deploy database servers, J2EE web applications, web servers.
- Implemented and maintained AWS EC2, IAM, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups & services.
- Standardized automation practices utilizing Chef and Jenkins and installed Nginx, Redis, MySQL & Postgres Monitoring Tools.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Streamlined Release Management process using automation tools (GitHub) by creating new Chef Cookbooks and modified existing configuration recipes for Dev, Test, UAT and Production Environments to enable continuous integration throughout the development lifecycle.
- Designed a high availability application infrastructure for HP ALM tools suite scaled for over 65k global users utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS - EC2) cloud hosted application infrastructure.
- Integrated New Relic application and server performance monitoring tools and API’s as a SaaS to Disney Corporate Online services customers, deployed as a Chef cookbook, available as a standard service offering.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
Lead Systems Administrator
- Configured and deployed ESX VM host clusters and provisioned over 2,000 production VM’s into geographically dispersed Active-Active Failover VM server farm configuration co-locations (Irvine, El Segundo, & UK).
- Maintained Confidential 's internal productions network including web, application server infrastructure and related services.
- Designed, configured and deployed PCI/SOX compliant systems that delivery real time monitoring, centralized logging, security events, and file integrity checking. Responsible for compliance and security initiatives. Managed access control policies, identification and authentication, authorization mechanisms and logging and monitoring controls.
- Developed scripts and tools to improve administration and support of UNIX-based systems architecture. Spearheaded virtualization initiatives to ensure that the critical business applications conform to high availability standards in a SOA enterprise framework.
Confidential, Seal Beach, CA
- Implemented, configured and performed day to day administration of production VM server and storage clusters.
- Developed TFS project reporting features and integration with SharePoint portals using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). Maintained SQL Server Reporting and Analysis cube for team development projects in TFS 2010, SharePoint 2010 Team Portals, and Project Server 2010 Web Application.
- Facilitated release planning meeting to create release plans that lay out the overall project as well as negotiate a release schedule that everyone can commit to.
- Acted as a gateway for all production-bound code releases and configuration changes; ensuring the completion of testing and promotion of CI's thru all stages of development environments Dev, QA, UAT, and Pre-Production.
- Established an Agile release process to meet condensed 4-week development iteration. Created a unified release plan by combining all maintenance into a single scheduled outage per month.
- Developed automated testing capability of Microsoft Test Manager (MTM 2010) to accelerate development iteration unit testing, while doubling development cycle velocity. Leveraged Troux Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to store and catalog product specifications for all configured items.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Microsoft Solutions Architect
- Maintained Active Directory network infrastructure consisting of multi-forest Enterprise network segments; tracked and repaired domain controllers, group policy, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and member servers including: AD, SQL and MS-Exchange.
- Responsible for spearheading compliance and security initiatives throughout the entire network infrastructure.
- Managed access control policies, identification and authentication, authorization mechanisms and logging and monitoring controls.