- Seeking a challenging position in IT or Engineering that utilizes my IT & Engineer skill, my certified IT skills, and my superior project management skills.
- Capable of performing the role of System Engineer, DBA or project management in the area of Electrical engineering, Networking, IT security, database performance & tuning, and system integration.
- Extensive experience in supporting, development, deployment, script manipulation, testing, & IT management.
Programming Languages: SQL, C#, ASP, Java, CORBA, VB, XML, PL/SQL, C/C++, Visual C++, VB Script, PowerShell programming, Java Script, ASP.Net, JSP, XSL, HTML
Software/Databases: Oracle 8i/9i, Proxy, OLTP, SQL Queries, SQL Server 2005/10, DBMS, .NET, DBA, Stored Procedures, Teradata, MS Exchange 2000/03/07/10, IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5, Reports, Active Directory, Novell NDS, AutoCAD, Siemens Step7, DB/2, MS Access, MySQL, ODBC, Novell 3.x/4.x, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0, JBuilder, CSS, ADO, ADO.Net, COM+, Apache, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Lotus Notes, MS Visio, MS Project management, TIBCO,Rational Tool.
Operating Systems: Window XP/7/2003/08/12, UNIX AIX, Linux RH, SUN SOLARIS
Hardware: Modems, Workstation, Severs, Routers, Intel, Hubs, SAN, HP, Cisco Switches
Networking/Security: DSL,TCP/IP,IPV4, IPV6, LAN, WAN, CAT5, Fiber Optics, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, Firewalls, OSPF, BGP,EIGRP, DMZ, RAS, VPN,Intranet, Extranet, VoIP, IPsec, DHCP, DNS, WINS,SNMP, HTTPs, SSH, FTP, TELNET,SOAP. ArcsightConsole 18.104.22.16843.2, Arcsight Logger
Security/Compliance framework: ISO 27001,COBIT, COSO,ITIL,NIST SP r1, FIPS,FISMA,PCI - DSS,HIPAA,GLBA,SOX
Web Applications: BEA Weblogic, WebSphere, Servlets, Applets, IIS6/7.0, Apache Tomcat, Postgress
Research Tools: SAS EM,Yelp data, Sqoop, Hive, Parquet, Hue, Impala, Rapid Miner, Spark, Solr, Morphlines., Scala,.Hadoop system, sqoop flume.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. IT security Consultant III-Endpoint Protection team
- Lead the endpoint protection security team (EPS) to support all security issues related to Bigdata Endpoint Protection like VSE, HIPS, MSME, MOVE, ENS and IDS/IPS issues on TxDCS (windows and Unix/Linux) environments.
- Responsible for the review of security alerts originating from our MSSP security monitoring service including triage, investigation and root cause analysis
- Instrumental in coordinating compliance remediation efforts effectively raising our systems configuration compliance levels from approximately 40% compliant to over 98% compliance in just 6 months for over 600 systems.
- Responsible for Corporate Security Policy development
- Participating in the prioritization and planning for our $3.6 million capital expense budget aligning it to both business and information security program goals.
- Implementing Security and Compliance Frameworks ISO 27001, COBIT, COSO, ITIL, NIST,SP r1,FIPS • FISMA • PCI-DSS • HIPAA,GLBA • SOX to different TXDCS agencies.
- Developing Security Operations procedures to maintain regulatory compliance in accordance with prescriptive PCI controls
- Assisting in the internal review of corporate information security policies in cooperation with key systems administration departments in alignment with PCI, SOX and future regulatory frameworks utilizing CIS as a guideline for their provisions
- Participating extensively with external PCI and SOX audits by developing audit evidence and coordinating with internal compliance teams
- Actively Participated in corporate PCI Compliance initiatives and assessment.
- Provided risk management oversight and compliance support for Information Security Technology (IST) Risk Management and Compliance Project Management (RM &C) team Information Security, full scope PCI-DSS, Sarbanes Oxley/COBIT and ITIL/ITSM compliance/internal control testing efforts within multi-platform environments.
- Managed and executed the entire gamut (risk assessment, testing, root cause analysis, reporting, remediation, continuous monitoring) of internal control compliance testing.
- Responsible for managing the corporate Tripwire Enterprise file integrity management product
- Responsible for RSA Envision SIEM monitoring and configuration aligned to internal PCI and SOX controls
- Evaluating the selection of Managed Security Services for key IT security systems
- Responsible for corporate Cryptographic tools (Safenet Appliances) and key management processes/procedures.
- Acting as Sr. Security Engineer, Security Analyst and Security Architect for IT projects
- Managing extensive PCI remediation efforts across IT
- Deployed corporate Intrusion Prevention systems for all corporate and ecommerce DMZ environments.
- Evaluating data loss prevention technology for future deployment and budget needs
- Act as SME for review/monitoring of corporate Symantec (SAV10/SEPM11) virus/malware remediation efforts.
- Leading the project to migrate more than 7000 servers(Windows/Linux) from Symantec technology to Confidential products as (VSE,VSEL, HIPS,HIDS,MA,EPO,MSME,SIEM,Criticalwatch)
- Handling P1, P2 incidents call and provide resolutions to customer.
- Processing all remedy tickets assigned to the team before the SLA deadline.
- Training co-workers on new adopted technologies.
- Test new technologies releases (SP, patches, hotfixes) in our development environment before deploying to production environments.
- Participating in vendor’s ( Confidential and Symantec) beta technologies labs, threats SNS notifications, alerts, newsletters.
- Preparing monthly automated risk reports to customers (TX DCS 33 agencies).
- Deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, tune multi-tier, distributed, cloud-based applications components ( Confidential /Symantec email and gateway solutions in OAG-CS and OAG-AL environments)
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
Sr. SCOM/Monitoring Consultant II
- Analyzed Confidential current Enterprise System monitoring implementation and provide a status report before and after remediation actions engineered and executed (more than 1500 VM windows servers).
- Engineered a monitoring environment in support of deployment to all Enterprise Servers in conjunction.
- Validated Confidential monitoring deployment plans for compliance with existing performance limitations of the Enterprise Servers software.
- Performed training sessions for other Tier s, support staff to include troubleshooting processes.
- Reconfigured monitoring tools and components for conditions as determined to impact performance and scalability.
- Engineered and conduct a disaster recovery scenario for all supported device types within Confidential .
- Provided best practice for end-users and Tiers education/communication.
- Reviewed Confidential FAQs and provide additional Knowledge Base articles applicable to the Confidential environment.
- Provided engineering details in a customer modifiable Visio format as requested.
- Engineered daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checklists for enterprise monitoring and preventative maintenance.
- Prepared 2012 lab to test new SCOM/SCCM/SMS product by multihome agent s to different environments (QA and Production).
- Test new Management packs in QA and educated other teams how to setup new alerts to maintain their product (exchange 2010, SharePoint, ESX5i, win 2008)
- Worked with other teams (Enterprise, VM, DB..etc) to resolve monitoring issue, and provide them with best practice to configure, resolve issues with automated solutions.
- Managed to tune down the noise in SCOM environment to less than 1300 alerts weekly (warring and critical).
- Wrote escalation procedure for NOC team how to handle alert with the best product/company knowledge.
- Worked with data center engineer to administrate SCCM 2007 to deploy OS, applications and patches
- Assisted Data center engineers in special project like Disaster recovery center, configure ESX5.x in QA and Production then choose the best MP to monitor it.
- Prepared multihome environment for SCCM/SCOM for 2007/12.
- Assisted team with Installation of ESX Servers4.5, 5.x, vSphere Client and Vcenter Server.
- Created the datastore for storing VMs and data.
- Deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, tune multi-tier, distributed, cloud-based applications components (Microsoft security essentials, MS monitoring apps SCOM2007/10, Microsoft orchestrator suite 2012 suite, Solarwinds environments)
- Assisted enterprise team with backup system Symantec Netback 5.x, EMC Data DomainTape Hardware.
- Deployed Virtual Machines and use Clones, Snapshots, templates.
- Ran Health Check for VMs and ESX host.
- Presented / Assigned LUN to esxi host (Actually a storage admin task).
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. System Support Engineer II/SAM
- Interact with Enterprise customers (mainly Fortune 500 companies) on Confidential Perimeter Security and Vulnerability Assessment Products (EPO, Foundstone, email Security. EMM).
- Gained expertise & specialized on Perimeter Security products which include Intrushield (IPS) and Host Intrusion Prevention system (HIPS). Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for escalations/technical issues related to Perimeter Products (email Security, IPS, Web shield).
- Gained experienced and supported Vulnerability assessment and Penetration Testing using Confidential ’ s flagship product Group shield for Exchange/Dom.
- Prepared VM machines with vShere ESX3.x,4.x, to simulate customer’s issues (win2003/08/10, exchange 2000/03/07/10, and SharePoint 2003/07/10)
- Involved in Research and Analysis during troubleshooting with respect to reproducing client issues with a view to resolution. This also, involves time to time interactions with the Development/QA center hosted in Bangalore.
- Assigned to special projects to install multiple servers(vServer) with win 2003/08, exchange 2003/07/10, sharepoint2007/10 configure, maintain, test different Confidential ’s product compatibility, then work with Developing team for hot fix to clear bugs.
- Tested Confidential ’s e-mail security products (group shield, portal shield, IPS, Spam killer with exchange 2003/07/10.
- Interaction with IDT and AVERT team for critical issues related to IPS Signatures.
- Conducting DAP (Deployment Assistance Program), which includes remotely accessing clients network and assisting them in deploying/configuring Confidential products.
- Wrote KB Articles for Confidential Support Team for new issues that were found during troubleshooting.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing CEB’s domain controllers, Active Directory, and DNS, and messagingenvironment. Identified problems with AD replication, DNS configuration, and Group Policy configuration and engineered and implemented permanent solutions designed to provide stable future growth.
- Design, implementation and Administration of Active Directory infrastructure on Microsoft Windows server 2003 and 2008 (x86 and x64).
- Automation of computer and user configuration, as well as software installation and upgrades.
- Setup and configuration of Symantec Enterprise Vault (VERITAS KVS) archiving software.
- Manage and lead day-to-day technical security operations for a global web hosting provider and domain name registrar and provide leadership for Corporate Security team.
- Operate and analyze results from enterprise detection systems such as Sourcefire, Tripwire, and several others.
- Perform incident response for compromises that occur within the network, both in production and on the back-end servers. Act as Tier 3 escalation point and on-call responder.
- Perform regular vulnerability assessments and internal penetration tests against corporate assets.
- Manage, operate, and analyze data from corporate security systems including Sourcefire IDS, Solera Network Forensics, Mandiant Intelligent Response, and EnCase.
- Maintain corporate SSL certificates and ensure their freshness and renewal status.