- Information Technology DirectorIT Strategy & Operations | Systems & Infrastructure Management | Network Solutions | Project Management
- Optimize Performance of Technology Systems & Operations — Scale Infrastructure for Cost - Effective Growth
- 15 Years of IT & Systems Leadership
- Technical Team Leadership Business Impact of Technology InsightDisaster Recovery, Business Continuity Planning & Storage Expertise
- Collaborative and engaging leader wif extensive experience assembling and guiding winning technical teams through IT strategy development, solution design, implementation, and all project management phases.
- Business Value Focus
- Infuse IT teams wif commitment to delivering solutions dat create value, extend capabilities, improve performance, enhance user experience. Define procedures and training plans to strengthen business impact of IT solutions.
Confidential - Oak Brook, Illinois
IT Manager — Systems Infrastructure & Administration
- Guided design and phased deployment of VMware vCenter to virtualize 60% of production environment, previously 0%, reducing physical server footprint by 1/3 to avoid server room expansion.
- Orchestrated build out and transition of infrastructure from Solaris to Linux complete wif full redundancy and failover disaster recovery site and offsite storage wif >99% backup success rate.
- Spearheaded implementation of unified communications (video conferencing, IP telephony, webinars), ITIL-based IT service delivery/ticketing solutions, major LDAP upgrade, and subversion migration.
- Led infrastructure release and management of mobile app in 2013 for Apple Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android).
- Slashed server-related operational costs by $30K annually while improving capacity and performance.
- Reduced storage costs by negotiating innovative SAN solution wif new strategic vendor.
- Directed security vulnerability assessments and security gap remediation initiatives.
- Created Web Access Management solution wif Single Sign-On (SSO) and Federated application capabilities to authenticate Web login to encrypted protected health information (PHI) for members, member users, and vendors.
- Instituted KPIs to identify trends, improve reporting visibility, and provide actionable business intelligence/analytics.
Lead Systems Engineer & Infrastructure Administrator
- Led production support for server infrastructure wif various UNIX/Linux flavors at Qwest Communications account, first through contract wif Spherion, which then transitioned to HP in 2008. Configured and managed load balancers, switches, RAID storage arrays, and server clusters. Designed and implemented performance monitoring and management, system backup, and recovery solutions. Prepared and analyzed detailed performance and utilization reports for client leadership.
- Overhauled SQL database for Qwest, configuring and integrating technologies to increase data throughput 5-fold.
Project Manager | System Administrator
- Orchestrated nationwide Desktop/Laptop Refresh project for major telecom account wif 4K+ workstations.
- Led project team dat streamlined critical business processes, slashing overtime to reduce expenses ~10%.
- Selected to spearhead adoption of process enhancements at sites nationwide.
- Devised strategy to integrate add-on equipment and service offerings, generating up to $40K in incremental annual sales to client accounts.
- Honored wif Confidential 2004 Circle of Excellence Award.
Technical Support Technician
- Performed basic and advanced-level technical support. Interacted wif nationwide customers via telephone to identify concerns, diagnose technical issues, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. Maintained customer issue and resolution log.
- Award-Winning Performance:
- Recognized as 5-time Employee of teh Month for support services.
- Additional experience as Field Service Engineer & Team Lead wif Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center and as Technical Support Engineer wif Discover Financial Services through Compucom.
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX), Linux (Red Hat, CentOS), VMware (ESX vSphere)
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL, NTP, UDP, SFTP, FTP, RDP, VoIP, ILO, SSO, LDAP
Hardware: Sun/HP/Dell Servers, 3Par Storage Solutions, Net App Storage Solutions, F5 Load Balancers, Array Networks Load Balancers, Cisco Switches, Hitachi Storage Solutions
Tools: Postgres SQL, PHP, Apache, Veritas NetBackup, HP OpenView, IBM WebSphere, CA Siteminder, Nagios, Radiant Logic VDS server, Ping Federated