Network Architecture: Layer 2/3/4 10GE and Gigabit Ethernet Core via 6500 Routers, 10GE/FCoE and SAN via Cisco Nexus 5xK/1000V Switches’, ACE20/30 Load Balance Design and management, ASA/FWSM Context and Physical design and management on 6500, Cisco ASA design and management. Network Management tools to include Solar Winds Orion, Nagios/ZenOSS, Spice Works and Cisco Works.
Security Infrastructure: Router - based Firewalls and ACLs, Firewalls (Cisco ASA/FWSM and Checkpoint),RADIUS/TACACS+, Wireless Encryption via WPA/WPA2 with both Pre-shared Keys (PSK) and Public Key Interchange (PKI), IDS/IPS via Cisco IDSM and SSM-20
Equipment: Cisco Routers (1800, 2800, 3800 iSR, 7200, 7500, 7600 and 6500), Switches (2800, 2900, 3500,4006, 4500, and 6500), Firewalls (ASA/FWSM and Checkpoint), and Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE20 and 30). Nortel Routers and Switches (ASR, 3000, and 5000)
Routing protocols include: RIPv2/3, OSPFv2,EIGRP, MPLS and BGP.
Operating Systems: Microsoft 2008/2003 and Win7/Vista/XP, in a Client/Server and Mainframe environments with TCP/IP or IPX/SPX or Token Ring networks. Macintosh OSX and Linux distributions such as Red Hat (RHEL) 4, 5, and 6, and Ubuntu 10.06/10.10 Server and Desktop.
Specialties: Project justification, Billing inquiries, Empathy for the client, systems engineering, and telecommunications. Experience with TACACS, RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HTTP, PHP, Web development, Windows and Linux System administration.
Network & Telecom Operations Manager
- Manage staff of 7 engineers in Data and Telecomm networks for HQ Confidential and their remote offices that supported various Confidential projects.
- Planned site refreshes of equipment and software working with clients at the remote locations and ITIL policies of the organization.
- Established problem records to document chronic issues that occurred on the network hardware and network configurations for use when updating management on SLA levels and bolstering the operations runbook.
- Met and worked with stakeholders in the company to build new solutions with cloud arcitectures such as Azure and Spark that enhanced our clients experience.
- Empowered team members through establishment of SME's over particular areas in the department and established metrics for those same areas.
Senior Network Engineer
- Principal for Checkpoint FW maintenance and policy updating according to certification standards with the Firewall Review Board (was also chairman) and communications across disparate groups of impending changes.
- Aruba, Juniper, and Cisco operation, maintenance, and engineering in Confidential 's national network of MPLS connected sites.
- Managed real-estate set ups and disconnects to include telecom and data networking.
- Managed real-estate set ups managing Vendor relationships pulling in communications circuits, clients who were moving in to describe the services we provide to the core network.
- Implementeed firmware/software updates for security and new enhancements
- Also budgeting for specific equipment that was approaching end of life.
- Data Center migration project, moving MPLS from Verizon to Level3, metro-E circuit install, and updating BGP configurations.
- Implemented a wiki for the department to document these changes and for a run book like tool when certain issues are not mitgiated easily as a lessons learned type blog
Network Security Engineer
- Lead in the Design, Configuration, and Maintenance of Cisco 3560, ACE30, ASA, Nexus, FWSM, and 6509 devices supporting Government Contracts in a data center environment.
- Designed, Implemented, and managed corporate sharepoint sites and other collaboration tools such as Confluence.
- Implemented open-source iPAM solution and deployed to the department for managing IP's and vlans in the enterprise.
- Troubleshooting of EIGRP, SAN, ASA and FWSM including coming up with the resolution ensuring the least amount of downtime.
- Built AD domain for corporate clients with DNS replication to another internal forest and set policies for access.
- Offeriing Small Business IT solutions to organizations without IT representation.
- Capabilities include network management, network design and planning, system administration and engineering, and all types of hardware solutions.
- Implemented first web presence for serveral companies and built web access portals based on Sharepoint or straight HTML.
- Supported Macintosh systems both server and desktops
- Supported CUE/CME instance of a 90 node educational institution. Assisted with network configuration of Cisco switches, and Wireless AP SOHO equipment.