- I have over 17 years of experience in the IT field with exceptional knowledge of data and requirements analysis, business application design and development, coding new development, program maintenance, detailed specifications, system modifications, structured walk - through, flowcharting, unit and system testing, disaster recovery, pre and post-production software implementation.
- "My expertise includes the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production Support of applications using COBOL, Confidential /Natural, DB2/SQL, CICS, IMS DB/DC, VSAM, Easytrieve, Panvalet, and Changeman/Configuration Management. I am highly experienced with large-scale legacy integration projects."
- I have solid understanding of multiple varied business applications and how to provide computer solutions within given guidelines and works to meet project deadlines in a timely manner also very open and willing to learn new technologies. Strong knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Experience in working with personnel of entire departments functioning in an organization
- Flair in written and verbal communication be it for professional or general purpose
- Superb analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in coordinating with different levels of designations
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to accept the change in policies and procedures and perform accordingly
Programming Languages: SQL, COBOL II Ababas Natural CICS.
Software/Databases: MS Office, CICS, Confidential /Natural 4.3.2, Confidential Physical Design, ADASQL, CLIST, DOS/VSE, Easytrieve, Easytrieve Plus, hardware peripherals, Harvard Graphics, Interactive, Batch Interface Applications, ISPF, CA-Endeavor, CA SMP/E, JCL,CA7 Monitoring/Analysis/Diagnosis of system problems, MS-DOS, MS-Word, MVS, MVS/XA, MVS/ESA, Natural 1.2, Natural 2, Natural 2.2.6,6.2, 4.3.2 Technical and Operational Support, Order Entry Systems, Panvalet, PREDICT, SYSPAC, TSO/ISPF, Wang, WordPerfect 5.1/ 6.1. MS PowerPoint.
Operating Systems: Windows 3.1/95, IBM AS/400
Hardware: IBM 3090, IBM ES9000, IBM 9672-R53, DASD7693/7699/7390, IBM PC's/XTs/AT's/286's/386's/486's Compatibles, Amdahl 470/08, Amdahl 5860, IBM 9121, Printers, Scanners
Methodologies: Customer support, data modeling, Dbase III programming, design and development of new software, Enforcement Tracking Systems, Inspection Applications, Military Benefit Association systems, problem resolution, production control, specification development, systems analysis/design and programming, systems/data conversion, user assistance, support, utilities, VSAM, troubleshooting, & tracking applications.
- Currently Writing SQL Queries. Modifying Cobol Batch and Confidential Natural programs.
- Documenting Legacy system for future Re-engineering Using Test Director to create Test scripts.
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
Business Analyst/Programmer Analyst
- Analyzing the mainframe applications and extracting the business rules.
- Technologies used Cobol CICS DB2 JCL
Confidential, Alexandria, Virginia
- Analyzes the problem and the information to be processed
- Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepared detailed flow charts, programs, and tests
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules
- Coordinates with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations
- Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives
Confidential, Fairfax Virginia
Senior Configuration Management/Production Control Analyst/ Programmer Analyst
- Receive notification of IT major incidents and escalations via phone, email, and online chat applications.
- Obtains and documents all relevant triage information regarding major incident/escalation via ITL ticketing system.
- Provided system enhancements and maintenance to existing COBOL and online IDMS systems.
- Triage and analyze the major incidents and escalations using the known triage data gathered, current support documentation, and defined escalation procedures.
- Escalates incidents and escalates to the appropriate IT technology team if outside of my domain.
- Facilitates, manage, and document the IT escalation process throughout the lifecycle of the incident/escalation which includes: detection, diagnosis, repair, recovery, and restore of the incident.
- Communicates the status of incidents via email alerts, Conference Bridge and urgent messenger alerts to multiple IT Executive and Management teams throughout the process of incidents.
- Investigate, identify, and document, in conjunction with the responsible IT technical team, the root cause for the incident/escalation.
- Modified/created batch programs (IDMS/COBOL), on-line dialogs (ADS/O) and JCL
- Reviews with the responsible IT technical team and the Problem Management team to ensure short/long term remediation actions have been implemented and the results are achieved.
- Initiates, manages, and facilitates a Severity Level Incident phone bridge to engage additional IT Executive Management resources as required by other technical teams.
- Provide level 2 production support of the MQ Series messaging system as it flows across a global network of servers running Solaris, AIX, z/OS, z/VM, LINUX, Windows and other operating platforms.
- Ability to explain intermediate to complex technical information to others both technical and non-technical.
- Works closely with application developers and systems programmers on problem isolation and resolution.
- CICS-TOP SECRET, CICS-DB2, CSP, COBOL, SQL, IMS/DB CICS-Database/Datacom, CICS-WAS, CICSPlex, CICS-AbendAid, and software related commands. Novell Operations Center. BMC Remedy Action Request System, Oracle Enterprise Manager. Technical writing .Serena Dimensions CM.
Programmer Analyst, Peoria IL
- Involved the writing of system requirements as per end users request.
- Developed New Program’s which were written in SQL, Cobol CICS, Confidential Natural and JCL for batch processing.
- Created and executing test scripts.
- Led the conversion of the remaining IDMS based Legacy Cashiering functions to COBOL DB2 based processes, thus eliminating the overhead of the IDMS license fees.
- APS COBOL Code generator.
- Endeavor for program moves.
Confidential, Des Moines IA
- Updated VSAM tables for Prefix Transfer Project and running batch jobs for renewals.
- Created packages, verifying policies in different regions .Mainframe Environment running JCL’s in different regions, verifying packages. The languages used were Cobol CICS. SQL for queries.
- Scheduled jobs in CA7, ZEKE, and Control, making scheduling changes per client requirements such as defining a new job, modifying an existing job, calendar updates, adding predecessors and successors to the existing job and adding file dependencies. (This provided explanation of job definitions, job streams, calendars, and workstations, scripts, checking the timings of job running and checking the variants in TWS Maestro)
- Supplied Ad hoc requests to schedule particular jobs.
- Reviewed daily reports to determine jobs that may require further action for a permanent resolution. (This involved setting up calendars in all tools as part of Year End process.)
- Provided direct client support by communicating with them and handling ERTs, outages and RCAs (Root Cause Analysis).
Confidential, Madison, Wisconsin
- Discussed and investigated issues with end-users.
- Was responsible for researching, analyzing, coding, testing and implementing repairs and minor enhancements.
- Led the ongoing maintenance, enhancement, testing, and production support of the Legacy systems, which were COBOL/CICS/VSAM/Batch/Datacom/IDMS based.
- Worked independently or within a team as the situation dictates.
- Programmed with Confidential Natural and Cobol CICS also providing on call support.
- Gained extensive experience in JCL, IMS Database, PROCs, and VSAM files in both batch and online environment.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from relational databases.
- Created test cases and conducted unit testing.
- CA AUTOSYS Workload Automation systems (v4.5.1 and R11.3.x), AUTOSYS Client Management.
- Changeman/Configuration Management.
- IMS Database.
- Proficient with Enterprise Application Design and Construction using complete SDLC.
- Gained strong knowledge with practical experience with large-scale legacy integration projects.
Systems Management Specialist Control Specialist
- Executed production jobs in Autosys and Mainframe/CA7 scheduling tools according to scheduled times and the established checklists.
- Performed first and some second level troubleshooting for failed jobs/processes when issues occur and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Escalated to next level if issue is not resolved in a reasonable time; Rerun any failed Production job to completion; Approve and perform regular/emergency Endeavor migrations; Changeman/Configuration Management Coordinate with support teams or application owner(s) when required; Ensure systems/applications are available according to SLA agreements.
- Provided support for Autosys and Mainframe/CA7 actions by performing the following tasks: Monitor the Autosys environment paying close attention to latency issues; monitor the Mainframe console, restart, and force complete and modify processing priorities as appropriate to complete timely execution of jobs. Troubleshoot process when issues occur and resolve issue in a timely manner.
- Assisted platform teams with start/stop of services during maintenance windows according to maintenance schedules
- Assist other platform teams and/or application owners for ongoing issues relating to problems/changes as needed; Respond to pages, email request, and phone calls according to documented guidelines; Review, update or revise existing procedures as needed.
- Checked health of system hardware i.e. tape drives, virtual devices, printers; Called third party vendor for service when necessary; Run tape inventory on Backup or Mainframe severs to ensure adequate tape levels; Assist Autosys, Backup, IBM Engineering team with emergency reboots when required. CA AUTOSYS Workload Automation systems (v4.5.1 and R11.3.x), AUTOSYS client management. I have deep experience in JCL, PROC, VSAM, IMS Database Change Man/Configuration Management in Batch and online environment.
- Conducted daily turnover review with incoming/outgoing shift; ensure outstanding issues are assigned and followed up; complete turnover report and file; Completed daily checklist and file; Reviewed, updated, and resolved Remedy tickets.
- Tested and developed Finance applications in a COBOL/CICS Mainframe environment
- Endeavor for program moves to stage/production environment.
Confidential, Pittsburg PA
Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Provided Mainframe Support for a legacy system that was written in Confidential Natural 4.3.2 and Cobol JCL, COBOL JCL, VSAM, SQL, IMS, OmniPlus, OmniStation, DB2, File-Aid, Control M, RACF/ACF2, Autosys 4.5.1 CA AUTOSYS Workload Automation systems (v4.5.1 and R11.3.x), AUTOSYS Client Management, Xpeditor, CA7 Change Man this project/work order involved making enhancements to the existing system .
- Control-M for distributed systems “Batch scheduler” Plus detailed documentation of all processes and procedures as the goal was to migrate the systems to an Oracle database. Wrote SQL Queries against the database for reporting purposes.
- Experience in JCL, PROC, Batch and online environment
- Created test cases and conducted unit testing
- Experience with large-scale legacy integration projects
- This project/work order involved making enhancements to the existing system.
- Provided support for all applications once in production.
- Endeavor for program moves to stage/production environment
- Relevant Project Experience
- Participated in the Analysis of DMVS banking applications.
- Worked with Expeditor for analyzing COBOL programs, Copybooks and JCL's.
- Coded Programs in DMVS applications which were written in COBOL and Confidential . Involved in Production support.
- Created test cases for the impacted JCL's as per the client requirements.
- Enterprise Application Design and Construction using complete SDLC.
- Modified COBOL programs for the changed policy number to invoke CICS services.
- Also was an I.T. Auditor for the team.
- Wrote SQL. Queries against the database for reports.
- Tested and developed Finance applications in COBOL/Mainframe environment.
- Performed impact analysis & remediation with COBOL & NATURAL modules.
- Involved in Full (SDLC) life cycle from design to implementation.
- Carried a pager for on call. Additionally, created new Confidential files and added to the screen displays.
- Hardware/software: IBM 9672- R53, DASD 7693/7699/7. 90, MVS/ESA, CICS, Confidential, C, TSO, COBOL II, VSAM, DYL-280, SAS, Natural, SQL, PREDICT, File Aid, Playback, ABENDAID, DB2, CA-Endeavor, JCL, CONTROL-M to schedule jobs to run in set intervals such as every 15 minutes. Interest Librarian, File Aid, Windows, Microsoft Office. Experience in JCL, PROC, Batch and online environment.
- Conducted operational and financial audits of NL Divisions and subsidiaries in the Banking System of audit scope, preparation of audit program, supervision of staff assistants, and oral and written presentation of report findings to top management.
- Worked with Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States and Europe. ACH processes large volumes of credit and debit transactions in batches. ACH credit transfers include direct deposit payroll and vendor payments. ACH direct debit transfers included consumer payments on insurance premiums, mortgage loans, and other kinds of bills.
- Used SAS Library Engines and Remote Library Services allow access to data stored in external data structures and on remote computer platforms. I created SAS Access modules to communicate with other Databases such as Confidential .
Environment: DMVS banking applications, COBOL programs, Copybooks, JCL's, IBM 9672- R53, DASD 7693/7699/7. 90, MVS/ESA, CICS, Confidential, C, TSO, COBOL II, VSAM, DYL-280, SAS, Natural, RACF/ACF2, PREDICT, FileAid, Playback, ABENDAID, CA-Endeavor, Autosys 4.5.1
Confidential - Sacramento, California
- Worked on the documentation for the EFT Project 2007.
- The project allowed the customers to submit their tax returns online as oppose to on paper.
- This involved attending daily JAD meetings and providing meeting minutes to the Department in a timely manner.
- Coded programs in COBOL and Confidential .
- Involved in production support.
- Preparation of Unit Test Cases and Testing the code, Self & Peer Reviews for Code & Test cases Languages used were COBOL, Confidential Natural and JCL (Job Control Language). CA7, CA SMP/E IDMS IBM Procedures /Utilities.
- Created test cases and conducted unit testing.
- Wrote system requirements from the JAD meeting notes.
Environment: DB2, CA7, CA, CA ADS, SMP/E, IDMS, SQL, COBOL, RACF / ACF2, Autosys 4.5.1
Confidential, Dallas Texas
Team Lead/IT Auditor
- Projects involved full life cycle (SDLC) on mainframe systems which are primarily, located in Dallas Texas and Pittsburg.
- Duties included trouble shooting when possible, accepting and working trouble tickets/mainframe issues. Coordinated with Colleagues in India, USA, Ireland and Mexico, on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. Wrote programs in COBOL batch and Confidential /Natural, IBM Procedures /Utilities CA SMP/E, AUTOSYS and JOBTRAC, Control-M, DB2, IBM AS/400 JCL, CA7, CA ADS, IDMS and Peregrine Service Centre to track and log all issues, closed out tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Provided detailed documentation and communication of all events both.
- Provided production support.
- Tested and developed Finance applications in COBOL/Mainframe environment.
- Created and distilled reports with Abode Acrobat Distiller for upload via FTP to the web.
- Used SAS Library Engines and Remote Library Services allow access to data stored in external data structures and on remote computer platforms.
- IDMS - NETWORK, EDI / HIPPA.
- Supported the State Medicaid system and other clients that Confidential supported.
Environment: IBM AS/400 JCL, CA7 IDMS, RACF/ACF2, SQL, CA SMP/E, AUTOSYS 4.5.1, JOBTRAC,