- Demonstrated success defining, recommending, designing, and implementing strategic architecture solutions for multibillion - dollar global organizations.
- Proven track record of innovating initiatives that improve efficiency and productivity, boost capacity and stability, and augment organizational growth and profitability.
- Expert knowledge of cloud computing environments, automation technologies, virtualization, enterprise back-up, security infrastructure, and disaster recovery.
- Strong technical leader, highly adept at communicating technical analysis, preparing and presenting status briefs and reports to stakeholders and C-level executives.
- Redesigned Confidential global infrastructure including enterprise main server, 12 primary relay servers, relay service on 1.4K servers, and 70K client computers, resulting in increased client capacity from 5K actions per month to over 30K per month.
- Rebuilt Confidential data center. Installed 30 tons of redundant cooling equipment, 200 KW uninterruptible 3-phase power, and high-power (1 MW) diesel generator, decreasing size by 75 percent to accommodate additional on-site storage. Increased package distribution and environmental reports from 80 percent saturation in 3 days to 90 percent saturation in 2 hours.
Software: SQL 2005, MS SQL 7.0 and 2000, MySQL versions 3.23.56 and 4.0.13, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 97, 2000, XP, Enterprise Antivirus (Symantec, McAfee, CA), Systems Lifecycle Management (BigFix, SMS, Altiris), HP Opsware, JIRA Service Desk, Remedy
Servers: Windows 2012 (& R2), 2008 (& R2), 2003, 2000, NT 4; Active Directory, Network Appliance, VMware ESX Server Version 3, 4 & 5, Blade Server technology, HP P-Class and C-Class, Linux Snap Appliance Servers, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat derivatives)
Platforms: Windows 8(.1), 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT; Linux, Macintosh
Hardware: HP, Sun, Network Appliance, IBM, Cisco, Extreme Networks
Programming Languages: BigFix Relevance, C, FORTRAN, VBScript, PERL, PHP
Tools: Enterprise Support tools (SNMP and agent-based), Systems Lifecycle Management (BigFix SMS, Altiris, SCCM)
Storage: DAS, NAS, and SAN-based storage, Tiered Storage (ILM), Kazeon, LTO Storage Subsystems
Communications: Exchange 2000 and 2003, Lotus Notes, SMTP, POP, IMAP
Remote Management: Windows Terminal Server, VNC, Real VNC, Webmin, Usermin
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
System Engineer ll
- Administered multiple data centers, systems, and networks within a private cloud.
- Directed automated management of a global network of servers including discovery and provisioning, patch management and configuration, installs, upgrades, migrations, and script execution.
- Collaborated with dispersed network, storage, virtualization, and hardware teams.
- Mentored Junior Level Engineers in both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Independently monitored and promptly resolved connectivity issues, network outages, data breaches, and deterioration of services for 11K Windows physical and VMWare virtual servers worldwide.
- Collaborated with a dispersed team of 12 engineers.
- Executed automated provisioning, patching, deployment, and configuration primarily using PowerShell.
- Created new procedures for software and OS deployment and configuration, patch deployment and management, and security compliance.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
Senior Systems Engineer
- Supervised relocation of Cliffs Natural Resources’ virtual servers, physical servers, and IT Appliances into Tempe Data Center.
- Migrated existing servers and built new servers.
- Planned logistics and oversaw transition. Reviewed construction plans and recommended revisions.
- Verified functionality and operational integrity of site. Assessed risk and performed incident mitigation.
- Led build team for all new physical and virtual Windows servers (2003 and 2008).
- Developed procedure reducing 3-hour SLA build time down to 17 minutes.
IT Subject Matter Expert
- Assessed IT literacy and educational needs of Iraqi Provincial Directorate of Police. Defined learning goals and strategized implementation.
- Designed curricula and conducted beginning, intermediate, and advanced forums including introduction to computers, networking, data security methodologies, and disaster recovery.
- Designed and identified Microsoft Certification paths for Iraqi personnel.
- Formulated a data center design, generated plans to network the Iraqi Police Academy campus, and established inter-building networking.
Senior Systems Engineer / Data Center Manager
- Administered over 200 servers spanning corporate and 50 branch offices.
- Redesigned company DNS server infrastructure.
- Upgraded VMWare ESX 3.x infrastructure to VMWare ESX 4.1 infrastructure.
- Leveraged NAS shared storage on Network Appliance Filers and vMotion to achieve higher availability and increased efficiency of resource management.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Associate Vice President
- Directed BigFix infrastructure upgrade including enterprise main server, 12 primary relay servers, relay service on 1.4K servers, and 70K client computers.
- Increased capacity of clients from 5K actions per month to over 30K per month in approximately 1 year via in-place, live reconfiguration without a staff and within existing budget.
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Principal Windows Architect
- Promoted from IT Manager to Principal Windows Architect.
- Increased package distribution and environmental reports from 80 percent saturation in 3 days to 90 percent in 2 hours.
- Rebuilt data center with five primary vendors. Installed 30 tons of redundant cooling equipment, 200 KW uninterruptible 3-phase power, and high-power (1 MW) diesel generator.
- Designed and installed waterless fire suppression system.
- Decreased size of data center from over 3K square feet to 700 square feet and reduced secure area by 75 percent to accommodate additional onsite storage.
- Migrated data stores from directly attached storage to 3 primary and 3 smaller Network Appliance network - attached storage devices, enabling data snapshotting and instantaneous restoration of 10 previous file versions in addition to offsite backups.