- To obtain a Senior level engineering position in the Networking/Infrastructure field where I can use my experience and expertise to increase efficiency, implement and maintain enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Use my ability to in corporate strong technical understanding with good verbal and written communications skills.
- My attention to detail and documentation proficiency combined with a motivation to excel in any given area will make me an asset to any organization.
- I have a deep passion for information technology and have always channeled this passion through my career.
- I offer complete confidence and the ability to be fully hands on in the most challenging environments.
- With over 10 years of enterprise level IT experience I’m able to provide a unique perspective through complete and thorough understanding of modern leading edge enterprise infrastructure technologies and how they apply to help achieve the business goals of the organization.
- Windows 2003
- 2008 and R2
- 2012 and R2 active directory network infrastructure and maintaining with 3000+ clients including multiple central and branch locations.
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- File Servers
- LDAP integration
- Federation authentication SSO technologies disk imaging
- Veeam etc installation backup database management
Senior Network Engineer
- Plan and implement projects and complex service requests within a global MPLS network that consists of various Cisco product lines. This includes Nexus switches, Catalyst switches, ISR and ASR routers, ASA/Firepower security appliances and Unified Wireless LAN controllers and access points.
- Played a role in developing standards and configuration templates for network infrastructure deployment.
- Execute network changes via standard operating procedures set forth by client. Adherence to change processes and documentation best practices utilizing the Service Now platform.
- Projects included WAN, LAN, WLAN deployments, decommissions, changes, migrations at branch offices and datacenter core.
- Global level 4 escalation point for network incidents.
- Deployment and maintenance of Cisco Prime Infrastructure for global Wireless LAN infrastructure.
- Maintain and operate multiple distributed Cisco ISE deployments. Versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.1. Primary used for Wireless LAN authentication.
Network / Infrastructure Engineer
- Assist in the design of a global mutl - site private cloud EIGRP environment. Perform all network related operations across multiple sites globally that consist of site to site VPN, MPLS, Point to Point and EVPL links. Utilizing Various Cisco products such as Nexus 7010, 5548. Cisco ISR G2 1900, 2900 and 3900 serious routers as well as Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 cisco switch models.
- Execute a global security initiative using Cisco ASA firewalls such as 5585-x, 5512-x, 5505 etc. Implementing DMZ, multi-context, and sandboxing environments. Maintain day to day firewall operations and execute changes to rules as required by the business.
- Manage all VMWARE networking such as VLANS, TRUNKING, ETHERCHANNEL, Including storage networking such as FC, FCOE design and zoning.
- Designed and deployed a global wireless infrastructure utilizing Cisco 5500 and 2500 serious wireless controllers, 1700, 2700, 3500, 3600, 3700 cisco wireless access points. Combination of centralized and Flex connect environments. Deployments of AAA products such as Cisco ISE and Aruba Clearpass for BYOD and GUEST wireless environment as well as network device management access via TACACS+.
- Perform day to day monitoring of all network and infrastructure related hardware utilizing NETFLOW and various SNMP based monitoring tools such as Solar Winds and Intermapper.
- Create all network and infrastructure documentation and related diagrams with the utilizing various tools such as Visio, Jira, Confluence, Excel and more.
- Implement day to day infrastructure changes through Service-Now platform following ITIL change control guidelines.
- Design and maintenance of a multi-forest/multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure including deploying group policy, automation, user and group management. Extensive work with file servers, file permissions, DFS
- Design and maintain parts of VMware environment. Deploying new datacenters, ESX hosts (Cisco UCS, HP Proliant) guests. Working with vSphere standard switches, vSphere Distributed switches. Extensive work with vCenter.
Systems Administrator / Support Engineer
- Support of network infrastructure in the financial industry with clients with 100+ users
- Administer private cloud network environment consisting of Various Cisco product lines such as Catalyst switches, ISR G2 routers and Catalyst switches.
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot multi-forest Active Directory environment.
- Administer, monitor multiple VMWARE clusters including networking and storage.
- Facilitate the deployment of financial software such as EZE, Advent, Bloomberg etc.
- Work with vendors to deploy and troubleshoot financial software technologies mentioned above.
- Administer, monitor Citrix infrastructure running XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Optimizing performance for client’s daily workflow.
Lead Systems Engineer
- Planning and implementing network infrastructure to various clients in the medical, legal, and financial field utilizing various Cisco products such as 1800, 1900, 2800 series routers and 2950, 3560 series cisco switches. As well as various Cisco ASA models.
- Support of network infrastructure for clients with up to 100+ workstations
- Planning, designing and deploying the infrastructure environments
- Planning and deploying all servers, active directory, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Design and deployment of virtual infrastructure including networking and storage.
- Optimizing performance for existing clients
- Research and purchase of optimal network equipment and various proprietary equipment required for medical environments.
Systems / Network Administrator
- Choosing, purchasing and deploying all rack mounted server equipment, including servers, switches and routers.
- Installing operating system, updates, drivers etc. on all servers and clients.( Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7)
- Deploying, maintaining and supporting active directory (Windows Server 2003, 2008)
- Implementation and Configuration of DHCP, DNS, print servers, file servers
- Providing network support for close to 100 users
- Providing support for proprietary SQL based application
- Deploying Symantec endpoint protection managed security suite
- Planning and configuring network topology
- Configuration of Cisco and SonicWall routers including VPN setup site to site (IPSEC), and OSPF
- Backup planning and administration using Backup Exec 12.5, 2010
- Administering and maintaining Toshiba Strata phone system with 100 users
- Extensive work with HP printers and printer related work (installing, configuring, drivers, etc.)
Senior Field Technician
- Engineered, Implemented, and maintained Windows 2003 Server setup including Active Directory, Domain, DNS, DHCP, Exchange server for company clients.
- Installing windows 2003 server
- Creating and launching active directory domain
- Implementing DHCP server
- Launching and maintaining Exchange server
- Removed Viruses/Adware/Malware/Spyware
- Performed backups/restoration locally and remotely
- Resolved driver issues/conflicts
- Installed/repaired/restored/configured multiple platforms
- Performed hardware diagnostics
- Troubleshot/resolved various hardware problems
- Used POST and BIOS hardware diagnostic tools
- Performed network installation/repair/maintenance
- Ran cables, crimped RJ-45 connectors, configured Ethernet devices
- Installed/integrated wireless networking into customers offices or already existing networks
- Installed and configured networking hardware in Windows/Linux/Unix/Macintosh
- Wired patch panels and wall jacks
- Setup file/print sharing among multiple platforms and over networks
- Maintained in-house machines/network/website
- Performed any and all duties on location or at customers business location