A position as an IT Professional that will capitalize on acquired expertise and experience. Desire a position with career incentives and growth potential.
Dynamic technical professional with 25+ years of experience in network architecture, programming and application development, help desk services, consulting and IT project management with proven success.
COMPUTER / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Operating Systems: Windows (all) Novell VMware ESX/ESXi UNIX Solaris Red Hat Fedora HP - UX UBUNTU GitBash CentOS AIX MS-DOS
Security: SUDO Tripwire Bastille’s Tivoli Stunnel SSH SFTP PKI ACL Hardening Lock down Systems GPO SSL Classless Inter Domain HTTPS Certificate of Authority Kerberos Snort Nexus Prewikka Port Scanning SSL/TCP dump IPTables RBAC DNSec FeeIPA Cryptography Encapsulation
Programming: DB2 for (LUW) MS-SQL Server Oracle RAC PL/SQL T-SQL OLAP OLTP DTS ODBC OLE DB JDBC ADO.NET HTML ASP.NET VBScript JScript JSP VB.NET VBA VStudio VFoxPro ETL VC#.NET dBase FoxBase Acu-Cobol-GT RPG II/III Korn Shell Bourne Shell PERL BASHell XML OpenGL Autodesk MAYA UML Java C/C++/VC++
Applications: Tomcat Apache JOnAs Samba Exceed v10 Hummingbird Veritas Volume Manager AxKit Symantec Ghost CQ-3770 Reflection for UNIX Citrix MetaFrame XP Rumba SMS Outlook Web-Access Outlook Mobile Access GroupWise 6 IIS MS Exchange VERITAS/ArcServe Storage Data Protector InfoPac ISA Proxy Crystal Reports ZENworks for Desktops SBT Accounting AccPac Accounting Peachtree Accounting MAS 2000 Macola WSUS Rapid Deployment Pack Jumpstar Solaris Kickstar Red Hat Ignite HP-UX Altiris SANtricity SANsurfer Clear Case Clear Quest IBM Data Studio
Lan/Wan: Firewall VPN Wireless Print Servers LANDesk Routers LAN Modem Bridges Switches Intelligent Hubs Hybrid Token Ring Star Bus AppleTalk ATM Frame Relay OSI Layer TCP/IP Layer UDP IGP EGP OSPF RIP IGRP EIGRP DSL ISDN VLAN Panduit Orthronics Levitton Siemon Category 5, 5e, 6 Cabling Fiber Optics (Single/Multi-Mode) RG-58 RJ-45 RJ-11 DNS DHCP NIS + LDAP CIDR NTP IPMP Sun Trunking SOAP
Hardware: Sun Fire V210/V240/V440/V490/V880/V890/E10K/E15K/E25K/T1000 IBM p5 550 IBM p5 570 Manage Port (GSP) HMC RSC ALOM Sun StorEdge SDLT Sun StorageTek 2180/3000/6140 Arrays Thin Clients XIOTECH IBM RAID Qlogic 5200/5600 HBA Dell Gateway Toshiba Clone PCs PC-Server Build/Repair StorageTek Tape Library SL500 Quantum Tape Library Network Cards SCSI Devices Fiber Channel Okidata Epson Modems Scanners PA-RISC HP9000/RP7410/RP7420/RP4440/RP3440 PA-Itanium RX8640 HP BL460c • HP BL680c HP BL685c HP BL860c Cisco IP Phones 7940 / 7960 Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000 HP ProCurve Router 9304 HP ProCurve Switch 2626/2650/2824/2848 Nokia IP380 HP ProLiant DL385/DL320 Cisco Switch 3550/3750 Cisco Router 2610MX/3640/3845
Confidential, Aurora, CO
Sr. SME Automation/CHEF Consultant
- Provide technical services to support Confidential IIS programs (IFDC, GPS - OCX), in the areas of infrastructure build automation and security compliance using primarily the Chef suite of tools.
- Development and modification of Chef Automate recipes and cookbooks to deploy systems configured with specific infrastructure and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) / Free Open Source Software (Foos) services as specified by Confidential supplied design artifacts.
- Support infrastructure security compliance audits via the use of Chef Inspec and/or other tools for reporting and development of Chef Automate recipes to automate system hardening as mandated by Government standards.
- Development and modification of Chef Inspec profiles and resources to automate configuration audits
- Provide Chef recipes and cookbooks, security compliance, audit reports, and automation documentation
- Testing utilizing Chef Inspec for functional and security test/audits
- Chef recipe and cookbook development, automation control and distribution of builds and Security patching
- Mentor junior Chef developers in use of Chef Automate components Chef Server, Chef Client, as well as Chef Inspec. Provide tutoring in best practices for developing automation recipes and cookbooks.
Technologies: Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows Servers, VMware, vCloud Director, RuboCop, Foodcritic, GitLab, KitchenCI, ChefDK, Chef Analytics, Chef Compliance/Inspec, Chef, Habitat, Chef Infrastucture, Jenkins, Maven, Foreman, Vagrant, Swarm, Docker, Test-Kitchen, Ansible, Python, Ruby, BaSH, Perl, Tripwire
Training Technologies: AWS, CodeDeploy, IAM, S3, EC2, SNS, SQS, SWS, SMF, Elastic BeanStalk, BeanStalk, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, RDS, EBS, VPC, Route53, Network ACL, CloudFormation, AZs
Confidential, Newark, CA
- Technical design, implementation, configuration, development/customization, delivery, and support of reliable application environments consisting of complex IT infrastructure.
- Design and implement tools for management of application environments including task like development, configuration, gathering metrics, logging, monitoring and maintenance.
- Apply sound release management and configuration management principles to ensure the stability of the production environments.
- Diagnose issues in production, identify root cause and implement fixes
- Deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Develop and execute resiliency test to troubleshoot problems and enhance monitoring metrics
- Organize work, task assignment and lead x-functional technical task force for resolving complex performance and infrastructure issues
- Develop automation to streamline operational process and issue resolution
- Optimize backend performance to maximize speed and scale
- Provide input on application architecture strategies, standards, and technology decisions
- Capability to easily change priorities as the business dictates
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new technologies in a short time
- Administer, Engineering, Architecture non-production and production environments for a myriad of apps
- Provide training, support and guidance to end users, other administrators, and technical support teams
- Respond to escalated support request via a ticketing system
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation
- Evaluate new vendors patches, releases and products
- Provide input to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems
- Administer and ensure the proper execution of automated task jobs
- Provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent escalations
- Ability to perform multiple roles as part of a small IT team including: systems, applications and database administration, project management, business technology consultant, automation engineer and more
- Proficiency knowledge of multi-tier apps & their dependencies including load balancing and web services
- Hands on operating systems deployment to provisioning and managing defaults installations
- Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability or to assist with engineering projects
- Integrates new DevOps tools, in corporate new features and service level improvement
- Develop scripts to automate data center automations functions such as source code checking with continuous integration & configuration management
- Strong collaboration and partnership skills to work with infrastructure, operations, enterprise & architecture
Technologies: Red Hat, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Ubuntu, Darwin, Nutanix, Windows Servers, Cloudera Hadoop, HDFS, Yarn, HBase, Zookeeper, Softwae Management Control (GIT), Atlassian Confluence, Confidential Directory, Service-Now, Jenkins, Maven, Foreman, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, Kitchen, Ansible, KVM, Virsh, oVirt, SiteScope, Brocade, Switches, Firewall, JumpHosts, BastionHosts, F5, MySQL Oracle DB, Java, Bond/LACP, Vlan, NetApp, Python, Ruby, BaSH, HTML, HttpWatch, HttpFox, Nagios, HP/Dell Blade Servers, Console, LDAPS/SFTP, DNS/BIND, DHCP, TFTP, NFS, PXE.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Linux Engineer / DevOps
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Monitor overall site performance, stability, and health, including being on call for site issues such as alert handling. Provide support to deployment and production issues during and off regular office hours.
- Strong systems software, automation techniques, Network Protocols, Web services, Operating System internals, clustering, failover, virtualization skills and knowledge.
- Server-side development experience in highly concurrent systems configuring a production and non-production servers using a configuration management tool. facility to correlate data to resolve root cause issues, architect and implement enterprise solutions. analytical and problem-solving provider
- Conduct/participate in meetings with other teams/work groups to establish/validate project timelines build servers/ troubleshoot when required
Technologies: Red Hat, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Open SUSE, Ubuntu Windows Servers, Cloudera Haddop, HDFS, Yarn, HBase, Zookeeper, Softwae Management Control (GIT), Atlassian Confluence, Service-Now, Maven, Foreman, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, Kitchen, Ansible, VMware, MySQL, Oracle DB, Java, Bond/LACP, Vlan, NetApp, Python, Ruby, BaSH, HTML, HttpWatch, HttpFox, Nagios, HP/Dell Blade Servers, Console, LDAPS/SFTP, DNS/BIND, DHCP, TFTP, NFS, PXE
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Sr. Server Engineer
- Architecture security solutions to the Healthcare infrastructure.
- Synchronization for heterogeneous Authentication. dual authentication methods.
- Monitoring, Detects, Scan, Track and managing Network packet traffic.
- Implement Identity Management using IdM / IPA Hardening Operating Systems (Linux/Windows) Vulnerability Assessments implement Configuration management (cm) deployments Operating Systems patch management
Skills Used: RHEL 7.2, Windows R2 2012, CentOS 7.2, SUSE 11.x Kerberos(KDC), Certification authority (CA/PKI), LDAP(S), Active Directory(AD), DNSSEC, DHCP, NTP, SNTP, SMTP, SUDO, SELinux, Bash, Python Solar-winds, Nessus, IPS, Linux Domain Controller, puppet, foreman
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. System Engineer/DevOps
- Administer, develop, implement and maintain the development of internal policies and best practices ensuring the goals of security, reliability and customer experience excellence
- Assist with monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of server, network issues, database issues and application performance irregularities
- Perform ongoing maintenance, upgrade and installation of systems, software stacks and applications
- Investigate system issues to determine root cause, possible solutions and plans of remediation
- Work with the team towards the delivery of a Test Driven, Continuous Integration and Delivery Production Environment
- Utilize logging and monitoring to identify trends, abuses, bottlenecks, deficiencies and provide input on solutions
- Provide input into solutions, policies and best practices
- Codify day to day and common solution procedures into a run - book for first level support
- Ensure documentation exists for all procedures, licensing and data/application flow where applicable
- Document solutions to issues for future reference and auditing
- Work with the developers to solve issues and provide solutions to issues they confront
- Assist team members with day to day operational tasks
- Rotating on-call duty with other System engineers work after hours on maintenance and other tasks periodically
- Assist in the training of new staff when hired
Technologies: CentOS, Cloudera hadoop, HDFS, Yarn, HBase, Kafka, Solr, Zookeeper, Software Management Control (GIT HUB), Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Maven, Cobbler, Foreman, Puppet, Facter, MCollective, Ansible, VMWare, VM Workstation, Load Balancers, Switches, Firewall, Router, HA proxy,VPN, MySQL, Tomcat, Java, Garbage Collector, JVM, JMX, JBDC, REST API, Python, Ruby, Perl, BaSH, HTML, HttpWatch, HttpFox, Nagios, Graphite, Ganglia, ELK, Nexus, IDS/IPS, IBM/DELL Servers, Console, DNS/BIND, DHCP, TFTP.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Sr. System Engineer
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, patching systems such as UNIX/Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Red Hat, SuSE, AIX
- Troubleshoot Application issues such as Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Java, Web technologies
- Rock-solid UNIX/Linux system administration, engineering, automatic scheduling, system configuration, tuning and optimizations, performance analysis, backups and recovery
- Kickstart, Cobbler, Jumpstart deployments
- NIC Teaming configuration (IPMP, Sun Trunking, VLAN Tag, BOND, APA, Ether Channel)
- Console Admin (OA, RSC, MP LAN,, dRAC, iLO, RS-232), minicom, tip hardwire, putty, any serial console
- Virtualization deployments VMware and Solaris Zones
- Domain administering support in NIS, X-Windows, BIND, DNS, LDAP
- Provide 24x7 on call support for production lights out data center. Perform DR drills
- Create technical documentation, resolve support tickets and meet Businesses' SLAs
- Strong team player providing support across the IT organization to train and assist others
- Work with a diverse team across global time zones ( i.e. USA, EMEA, JPA ) to effectively complete tasks and objectives
- Support LAN/SAN/NAS technologies
- Volume Management (VxVM, VxFS, ODS, UFS, NFS, CIFS, LVM, SDS)
- Big Data administering Hadoop, HDFS, YARN, HIVE, ZOOKEEPER, HBASE, KERBEROS
- Networking monitoring, routing, load balancing, firewalls
- Shell Scripting, BASH KORN SHELL PERL PHYTON
- Package deployment ( RPMs, tar's ball, .pkg, .depot, .bff, .motif)
- Scripting automation using OPSCODE (Chef) / C2C
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Software System Engineer
- Troubleshoot system and application issues
- Provide 24x7 on call support
- Networking architecture and troubleshooting, operations management
- Business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results
- Support customers in the cloud. (i.e. Juniper Networks)
- Ability to understand business requirements for technical needs and utilize the business requirements information to prioritize work, develop solutions, and set urgency for others
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with logical problem solving using Layer 1 - 7 of the OSI model
- Ability to work in a team environment that requires a great deal of independent thinking and work execution
- Providing customer-focused quality service.
- Documentation & Designing support.
- Work well under pressure.
- Follow policies and procedures that dictate minimum standards for ticket handling, such as customer communications, status updates, timelines for escalation, management commination status updates, etc.
Technologies: CaaS, VMWare, VitualBox, RHEL, Solaris, Oracle, MySQL, Tungsten, Active MQ, HP Openview, Server Automation, Stingray Traffic Manager, Remedy, LAMP, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, DNS/BIND, Script Language.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Systems & Applications Administrator
- Troubleshoot system and application issues
- Provide 24x7 on call support
- Manage standard UNIX services within a centralized infrastructure built on CFEngine / Puppet
- Installation of OS’s with kickstart/jumptstart on both real and virtual machines
- Manage Load balancer F5/Foundry and SAN hardware HP EVA / NetApp.
- Support Oracle/MySQL/SQL Servers; Nagios monitoring, administration and scripting
- Support Dev/QA with production deployments/releases
- Design/Improve automated deployment process for new/existing products
- Setup system firmware, packages, drivers, and patches for the servers and network appliances
- Solaris/VMware/Linux system administrator in the gaming production environments
- Web/App Servers Administration (LDAP, DNS, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat) JAVA containers support
- Net Backup Server Administration & Networking (Switches/Router/Firewalls)
- NIC Teaming configuration (IPMP/BOND) and Console Admin (Cyclades/iLO)
- Build, rack and load servers, assist in the maintenance and upgrade of server OS/software/hardware
- Scripting / programming, development/engineering to automate process (Ruby, PHP, Perl, BASH)
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, and access rights and File System and Network Security.
- Participate with business analysts and application architects in planning upgrades and expanding application functionality
Technologies: RHEL 6.2, CentOS 5.9, Solaris 10, MS Windows 2008/7, VMware Server/Workstation, Cloudera haddop, Flume, NFS/Samba Netbackup, Bash, HTML, Flash, CSS, Java, Shell, Perl, Brocade, Oracle, MySQL
Confidential, Melbourne, FL
Solaris System Administrator
- UNIX/VMware/Linux/Windows system administrator in production environments
- Jumpstart Solaris, Cobbler/Kickstart/Satellite RHEL automation and installation for operating systems
- Implement system firmware, packages, drivers, and patches for the servers
- Net Backup Server support, Networking (Switches), database connectivity/configuration/management
- NIC Teaming configuration (IPMP, Sun Trunking, VLAN Tag, BOND) and Console Admin (RSC, ALOM, iLO)
- Hardening OS & Hardening Database Design, Proficiency with management, performance and monitoring tools
- Documenting system configurations and drawings and documentation processes for system administration.
- Scripting / programming, development/engineering to automate process
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, and access rights and File System Security.
- Lead, Mentor, develop and assist member staff.
- Handle Tier 3 support across multiple locations and troubleshoot complex HW/SW issues to resolution
- Perform; moves - adds - changes - upgrades
- Ability to provide consistent customer service levels as defined by client assignment specifications
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
Technologies: RHEL5.6, Satellite, Solaris 10, MS Windows 2008/7, VERITAS Cluster, VMware Server/Workstation, DNS, NIS, DHCP, TFTP, NFS/Samba Netbackup, Bash, HTML, CSS, Java, CShell, Shell, Perl, Hitachi, Brocade, iptables, Oracle
Confidential, West Palm Beach, FL
Senior Application System Administrator
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, encryption systems, and all host security systems.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, and workstations.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
Technologies: RHEL6, Solaris 10, Sun Grid, MS Cluster, Linux Cluster, VERITAS Cluster, VMware Server/Workstation, DNS, NIS, ANSI, DHCP, TFTP, Kick Start, Jumpstart, Bash, CShell, Shell, Perl, ANSYS, GAMBIT.
Confidential, North Hollywood, CA
- Windows and Linux server systems, Web server (IIS, Apache) and application server (Tomcat, WAS) capacity planning, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, monitoring, and security procedures
- Content management systems and publishing systems
- Database Administration setup, configuration and database troubleshooting skills
- Manage Network communication packet structure protocol analyzers
- Experience with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
- Hardware systems design and implementation, cluster management, implementing redundancy and testing failover
- Experience to use of monitoring and troubleshooting utilities to effectively diagnose problems
- Storage SAN