- Strategic problem solver, proactive customer advocate, and consultant specializing in increasing availability of enterprise servers and applications. Utilize expertise in servers, networking, packet analysis and information security, to breakdown complex application issues and identify the most streamlined solutions.
Operating Systems: AIX, Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu), Windows
Virtualization: PowerVM (VIOS), PowerVC, VMware, KVM
Cloud: Bluemix, Softlayer, AWS, Watson IoT
Storage: NPIV, SDDPCM & MPIO, Confidential (SVC, XIV, FlashStorage), EMC
Software: Oracle, DB2, PGP
Network: TCP/IP Packet Analysis (Wireshark, iptrace), Performance Analysis, Cisco
Compliance: HIPAA, PCI
Confidential, Austin, TX
Technical Solutions Manager / Software Engineer
- Improved performance and availability of applications running on AIX by utilizing advanced techniques, including PerfPMR, dump analysis, trace, truss, iptrace, tcpdump, and Wireshark.
- Applied research and analysis skills that increased 1st time fix rate by identifying underlying defects or APARs of rather than just fixing symptoms.
- Integrated SAN, NAS and NFS storage into existing infrastructure, providing detailed procedures including any steps for implementing fixes and required corrective actions.
- Assisted with planning of projects by reviewing and auditing customer install, upgrade, and deployment plans, ensuring minimal service downtime.
- Highlighted value of premium support offering by advising customers proactively of new defects, security bulletins, and updates in written reports and conference calls.
- Collaborated with middleware and 3rd - party vendors, including EMC, Confidential, and Oracle, delivering integrated response to customer outages or complaints, distinguishing the company brand from competitors.
- Led conference calls with customers, software vendors, and sales teams to enhance communication, coordination, and management of action plans, resulting in overall increase of customer satisfaction.
Technical Solutions Manager
- Assisted clients with planning of AIX / Power Systems upgrade strategies, hosting monthly meetings with client IT managers and staff to review account activity.
- Listened actively and responded to client inquiries regarding AIX, Linux, and Power systems questions, providing effective solutions.
- Guided customers in design and configuration of Power system virtualization, utilizing Virtual I/O Server (PowerVM) that increased utilization of existing resources and delayed need for adding new hardware.
- Kept knowledge base current by constantly updating skills of servers, operating systems and changes in IT industry.
Technical Solutions Manager
- Worked flexible shifts to ensure maximum coverage with minimal staffing, reducing overall costs.
- Utilized proper escalation procedures with internal/external teams to ensure proper focus on critical issues and reduced related impact to customer.
- Identified projects and opportunities to use skills to support other teams when call volume was slower, helping to relieve resource constraints