- Twenty - eight years+ of providing guidance and direction on proper analysis, design configuration, implementation and installation of LAN/MAN/WAN and interfacing network infrastructure components into network architecture.
- Four years of designing, testing and implementing WangNET at the Confidential.
- Served fourteen years as project lead for multiple network infrastructure upgrades and managing the Tier 2/Tier 3 NOC operations, provided network support with various network-monitoring tools to troubleshoot problems and monitor performance of the DoED enterprise network including the Federal Student Aid (FSA) subsystem.
- Three years consulting as IT Manager overseeing total operations including; network infrastructure, LAN/WAN connections, Net Server availability and ISP services.
- Last six years were maintaining SEC’s Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis and Retrieval (EDGAR) financial application system, coordinating Infrastructure/Software releases, Disaster Recovery exercises and managing projects.
Routers/Switches: Cisco Catalyst 2900, 3500, 4500, 6500, Cisco Router 1400, 2600, 3600, 7200, 7500 Cisco VoIP 7935, 7960, Cisco Aironet 1200, Cabletron, LattisNET, WangNET FastLAN
Network Management: CA Wily, CA eHealth, CA Spectrum, Hyperic, QTP, HP OpenView, Network Node Manager; Cisco Works, TND, CWSI2000, MRTG, What’s Up Gold, Microsoft SMS, NETXRAY Protocol Analyzer, NETscout, Site Manager, HP Sniffer, NetIQ, Cisco Call Manager
Operating Systems: Windows 200X, Windows 7, Solaris 10, SQL Server 200X, LINUX 9
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Production Control Analyst/Release Coordinator/Project Manager
- Managed EDGAR Data Center re-designs project.
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOM) for infrastructure deployment.
- Work with technical and business teams to complete projects on schedule.
- Design, modify and prepare space plans for EDGAR NOC.
- Redesign plans for EDGAR Data Center.
- Participate in technical discussion and reviews with clients and teams.
- Vendor Coordination and Product Supply.
- Managed relocation of EDGAR Data Center project from VA to MD.
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones.
- Ensure planned tasks are accomplished on time.
- Ensure field engineers complete all the tasks as planned.
- Closely work with location contact for site readiness, scheduling testing, cutovers, trainings and final location commissioning acceptance report.
- Create Weekly Status Report (WSR) and Monthly Status Report (MSR).
- Coordination and Communication with Stake Holders
- Ensure that integrity of the project is maintained, focusing on internal consistency and compliance to standards, processes and strategies.
- Coordinate Infrastructure and Software Releases.
- Serves as a liaison between varying business units to promote smooth and timely delivery of infrastructure/software products or updates.
- Responsible for production systems/applications implementations.
- Create deployment plans for Infrastructure/Software releases.
- Manage risk and issues for life cycle of Infrastructure/Software developments.
- Coordinate EDGAR System Power-Down/Power-Up exercises.
- Coordinate Disaster Recovery exercise.
- Coordinate End-of-Year (EOY) activities.
- Perform trend analysis using CA Wily to formulate root cause of EDGAR production incidents.
- Monitor EDGAR System Utilization - CPU/Memory/Space/SNMP Status/Log files.
- Process Customer Service Requests (CSRs).
- Monitor daily company submission/dissemination processes on EDGAR.
- Perform EDGAR System daily health check.
- Create and review Production Control’s - Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain EDGAR Service level Agreement (SLA) report.
- Evaluate the performance of EDGAR system with CA eHealth and Spectrum then reporting its condition and making recommendations for improvements.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Managed total operation including; network infrastructure, LAN/WAN connections, Net Server availability and ISP services.
- Estimated cost for operating and maintaining the network and controls funds spent on its maintenance.
- Supported Remote Access VPN users.
- Troubleshoot Cisco Routers/Switches for network connectivity.
- Maintained the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) system for monitoring network security access.
- Monitored and evaluated the performance of network with What’s Up Gold and reported its condition and making recommendations for improvements.
- Provided network analyses and controlled aspects of the operational network, recommendations for new or improved network architecture and configuration, and ensuring the functionality of the network.
- Implemented approved changes including; enhancements to network management capabilities, implementing new services and design changes to network infrastructure.
- Created and reviewed network operating procedures including; network operations, backup and recovery plans, repair and maintenance procedures.
- Modified, designed and prepared space plans and network topology with AutoCAD/Visio.
- Performed project planning and scheduling of network resources, repair and maintenance, and new services.
Confidential - Falls Church, VA
- Served as the task leader for the relocation of network infrastructure and telecommunication systems to a new facility.
- Oversaw and developed detailed relocation plans and strategies, contingency plans, site preparation drawings, equipment arrangement drawings, and cabling diagrams using AutoCAD/Visio.
- Deployed ATM/T1 solutions to 15 DoED regional sites
- Served as project manager of complex communication task orders
- Implemented technical documentations which included reports (e.g., after action, root cause analysis) and procedural documents (e.g., MOPs, SOPs)
- Designed Main Distribution Facility contingency plans for new Data Center
- Supported enterprise VoIP system managing MACs; moves, adds and changes accounts with Cisco Call Manager/Unity.
- Procured MAN/WAN circuits from Service providers (Verizon, Sprint, MCI).
- Troubleshoot Cisco routers/switches network failures.
- Monitored Cisco Aironet wireless LAN.
- Provided support for Video Conference system.
- Analyzed network performance with Cisco Works, Whats Up Gold, CA TND, HP Sniffer and MRTG.
Confidential - Falls Church, VA
Network Operation Center Manager
- Managed 18 team members with multiple specialized technical skills
- Constructed solutions utilizing Enterprise Management tools; Unicenter TNG 2.4 and Cisco Works 2K
- Developed and organized detailed project plans
- Served as project manager of complex communications task orders
- Provided supervisory skills, including evaluations, guidance, training and assistance to subordinate personnel
- Provided network performance reports and recommendations
- Supported daily network operations
- Ensured the appropriate network availability and support, based on the SLA
- Designed and documented multi-platform network infrastructures
- Implemented VPN technology solution at DoED
- Provided direction and instructions regarding the application of standards, concepts, and protocols
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Presented project plans and recommendations on LAN/WAN processes, policies and procedures
- Served as Project Manager for implementing CISCO network infrastructure at DoED HQ
- Evaluated potential network designs for feasibility and cost effectiveness
- Used AutoCAD/Visio to produce detailed logical and physical network topology diagram
- Performed network system codes upgrades related Cisco and U/B network equipment
- Installed, configured, and troubleshoot data communication devices supported by EDNET
- Managed documentation process for all EDNET 5K nodes
- Developed methods and procedures for implementing network security
- Monitored network metrics identifying issues with routers/switches and throughput performance
- Supported EDNET ATM backbone network WAN services: Frame Relay, ISDN, HDLC, and PPP
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
- Monitored network infrastructure using UB NetDirector, Protools, NetDetect, Wellfleet Site Manager, Quick Alert, and platforms for out-of-band connections to remote devices
- Provided maintenance RF network infrastructure
- Maintained the operation of EDNET including: Broadband backbone cable plant, Boeing SNA/3270, T-1 WAN, Modem pool, Ethernet and UB Net/One asynchronous connections
- Utilized AutoCAD for network topology diagrams
- Assisted PC analysts and FEs with network configuration problems
- Managed network infrastructure installation projects