- Efficient designing of IP Addressing Scenario using VLSM and Sub netting.
- Good at OSI Layers concepts.
- Strong hands on experience in layer - 3 Routing and layer-2 Switching like Cisco router models like 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series and Cisco catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2900 series switches
- Technology and Infrastructure consultant for Cisco design and implementation projects. Specific tasks include installations, configurations, support and maintenance of routers and switches.
- Diverse industry exposure - telecom, consumer goods, health care and IT consulting.
- Troubleshooting & implementation of VLAN STP, RSTP, PVST, 802.1Q, DTP, HSRP, GLBP, LACP.
- Proficient in setting up IT infrastructure including wide area networks (WAN) local area networks (LAN), security management systems network device administration.
- Experience in RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
- IOS upgrade for Cisco routers cum switches.
- Experience in testing Cisco routers cum switches in laboratory scenarios and deploy on site for production.
- Native communication skills and a team player, Effective inter-personal skills, adaptive to any environment, with the latest technologies and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team
- Knowledge in Password Recovery and trouble shooting of Cisco device.
Routers: Cisco based 2950, 2960, 3600,3750,4500,6500,1700,1800,2600
Switches: Cisco 3550, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500.
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static routing
Switching: VLANs, Dot1Q, VTP, STP, RSTP, VLAN Maps, HSRP, GLBP, Port Security
LAN/WAN Technologies: Ethernet, Frame relay
Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Strong knowledge on networking concepts like TCP/IP, Routing and Switching
- Dealt with monitoring tools like (Solar Winds, Cisco Works), network packet capture tools like Wireshark
- Extended support on access layer, distribution layer and core layer device of IBM as per assigned.
- Switching tasks include VTP, 802.1q, and VLANs, Ether Channel, Trunking, Port Security, STP and RSTP.
- Network security including NAT/PAT, ACL.
- Good knowledge with the technologies VPN, WLAN and Multicast.
- Involved in design and deploying various network security & High availability products like Cisco ASA and other security products.
- Best practice implemented on Cisco routers and switches.
- Extending end to end network support on L2 and L3 switches.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy.
- Network Redesign for Small Office/Campus Locations. This includes changes to both the voice and data environment
- Installation and trouble-shooting of LAN, WAN & Multi-Layer Switching.
- Act as first point of contact to diagnose an issue and drive it to closure
- Troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- Experience with communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project
- Ensure all devices are running with latest IOS as per IBM along with latest passwords.
- Implement changes in configuration as per task assigned within scheduled change window and ensure backups of device before and after the change.
- Co-ordinates with Vendors to replace the faulty hardware like power supply, fans, modules, cables, sfp, access points & lwaps.
- Coordinating with various teams as Project Manager, Onsite Manager and client and field technician to implement and drive issues to closure.
- Implemented new device of Cisco as per policy reviewed by network architect.
- Worked on different Cisco devices of access, distribution and core.
- Coordinate with monitoring team for change notifications, alerts and escalation of security incidents.
- Contribute to the output of the team and ensure SLA deliverables are met.
- Extensive experience taking copy of Cisco IOS on TFTP server and loading back on routers and switches.
Environment: Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 3750, 3550), Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), Switching protocols (VTP, STP, RSTP).
- Business Solutions & Service Provider.
- Managing health check of Network devices this is involves upgrading IOS on every quarter after checking the vulnerability of IOS and reviewing the configuration.
- Preparing weekly reports and follow- up with clients.
- Update data related to network configuration, setup and implementation of Cisco Topology.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, sales and call center (customer service) to deliver best quality of service to the customer.
- Installation & Maintenance of Cisco switches & routers for Tata Consultancy Services onsite as per contract.
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting of LAN, WAN, IP Routing, Multilayers Switching.
- Performing onsite data center support including monitoring electrical power, switch alarms, network alerts and access logs.
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Cisco Routers.
- Configuring VLAN, Spanning tree on EX series switches.
- Developing access lists to meet user specifications.
- Supporting core layer, distribution layer and access layer issues.
- Installation and trouble-shooting of routing protocols like static and dynamic.
- Tracking and installation of requirements & development by working with client and related teams to implement changes.
- Maintain and track the status of device supplied to the client.
- Coordinating with JTAC for faulty part replacement and configuring standby device to support customer with minimal downtime.
Environment: Routers, Routing Protocols (EIGRP, RIP, OSPF), Switching protocols (VTP, STP).
System / Network Engineer
- Troubleshooting of CISCO routers like ping, trace route and basic issues.
- Ensure connectivity and communication among networks, servers and clients inside and outside department.
- IOS upgrade for Cisco routers & switches.
- Ensure reliability, stability and recoverable of specific server environments.
- Normally primary focus involves server hardware associated operating systems and general responsibilities, backup strategies. Install and upgrade operating system software configuration and optimize storage systems.
- Developing and implementing policy to ensure the integrity, protection and availability to authorized persons of department data and hardware, software and other components which are required for processing data.
- Responsible for evaluating impact and performance on the network server
- Managing Layer 2 switches of Cisco, Vlan configuration and assigning ports to specific vlan as per requirement.
- Monitor and tune network to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Evaluate applications connectivity requirements
- Configuring various clients like Outlook Express, MS-Outlook 2003 & 2007
Environment: Cisco routers (7200, 3600), Cisco switches (4500, 6500), Routing Protocols (EIGRP, RIP), Switching protocols (VLAN,)
Network Engineer- Level 3
- Configuring, Troubleshooting and Managing Cisco Routers, Layer 2 switches of Cisco
- (VLAN configuration and assigning ports to specific VLAN as per requirement)
- Installation and maintenance of Network, Workstations, Printers, Peripheral devices, Client/Server Applications, and software implemented on the network.
- Monitor network performance, Identify problems, Maintain proficiency with hardware technology, new software releases for feature and function and networking alternatives.
- Define, implement, maintain and enforce prescribed security.
- Establish and administer user log-on and password standards.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs, inter VLAN routing, VTP, trucking on Cisco switches, and RSTP Operation and ACLs in a network environment
- Perform and verify initial switch configuration tasks including remote access management and router interfaces and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operation on a router
- Configure and troubleshoot routers in a complex routed IPv4 or IPv6 network using single-area OSPF, multi area OSPF, and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Manage Cisco IOS® Software licensing and configuration files