- Engineering professional with experience gained in testing and QA, project management, product development, broadband cable operations and manufacturing.
- Principle System Engineer for the development of the Universal Modem Tester.
- Documentation, training and building
- Senior Staff Engineer for a Confidential solution provider, integrated IP HE systems for the Cable delivery networks (DOCSIS/eQAM/Ethernet(L2/L3)), worked directly with Marketing on providing functional demos on completed E2E integrated IPTV solution.
- Corporate Staff Engineer for Confidential Communications, developed quality test procedures, test standard, setup Confidential test lab, tested DOCSIS, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, HMS, and digital bandwidth roll off.
- Production technologist for Confidential introduced processes to reduce the on hand number of failed circuit boards allowing for increased output.
- Production Technologist for Confidential, worked directly with the Production line in diagnosing and repairing issues with the Confidential Control Module.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Principle System Engineer
- Developed (with team) and built from the ground up a universal modem test system
- Worked closely with contract manufacturer to design and build test harness to streamline the modem test system
- Created detailed instruction for build, setup, and documentation for modem tester hardware
- Configured and setup custom built firewall to be used with the modem test system
- BOM review and audit for the various offshoot models of the modem test system
- Created documentation on pulling MIBs for use in evaluating the test pass/fail criteria of modems
- Trained manufacturing team on the build, configuration and documentation of Universal Modem Tester
- Wrote documentation to on operating manual test system and automated modem test system
- Created test cases to audit the modem test system
- Modified units to induce failure cases to stress test the modem test system
- Setup and configured test environment to enable eMTA to make VoIP call through CM and CMTS
- Developed relationship with electronics parts provider that became one of our suppliers
- Developed relationship with server provider that became one of our main suppliers
- Evaluated wireless device performance for data throughput testing and automation testing
- Created a matrix analysis for features cable modems to be supported for validation in the modem test system
- Reviewed and rewrote incomplete test procedures cases for validating unit conformance and functionality
- Tested and evaluated Confidential 3.0 CMTS for use with the modem test system
- Built and configured Asterisk Server to be used as part of the modem test system for Voice over IP (VoIP)
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Tested and qualified new firmware drops, including regression testing, fix verification and bug reporting
- Performed manual and automated testing and was responsible for testing software releases on Confidential devices
- Wrote new technical test procedures and updated existing test procedures using Linux/UNIX/Windows operating systems
- Setup and managed wireless network (WLAN 802.11) testing home environment simulator rack
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr Engineer Support
- Key US technical and support role for a start up with 3 US employees (and 50 overseas developers in Korean partner/vendor) to provide next generation Android based STB to consumers
- Responsible for testing and integration of software releases on STB as well as providing sales and marketing support (including trade - shows)
- Wrote technical specs and managed Korean vendors STB hardware and software development
- Generated documentation in preparation for product launch, demonstrated system, called on prospective customers and demonstrated technology while answering technical questions
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Senior Staff Engineer
- Managed and configured multiple HE systems for Confidential HE, including SMS, CMS, VOD, DRM, IPTV, multicast video, video trans-coding using Linux/UNIX/Windows operating systems
- Worked with development team on integration efforts for IP STB, edgeQAM, HE system demo
- Provided technical expertise during trade show and customer meetings
- Worked trade shows, customer demonstrations, lab setup & tear downs
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- On site at customer & partner locations (Lab & Field) 40% of time debugging & resolving issues and providing technical and managerial support
- QA Engineer for STB validation in the development of a next generation set-top box, including bug tracking, verification testing and technical issue resolution
- Participant with industry experts in the development of the Comcast specification and wrote ATPs based specification (IPv6, DOCSIS, Prov/OSS, etc)
- Development work, testing and troubleshooting Tru2way STB in lab test and field environment
Confidential, Coudersport, PA
Corporate Staff Engineer
- Evaluated and implemented network management tools for the proactive and reactive monitoring of network performance and status
- QA test and verification of Confidential Cable modem.
- Created a standardized test process that was used for qualifying all new Confidential devices being considered for use on the Confidential network - Tested 802.11, L2/L3 (Ethernet, TCP/IP), VoIP and routing features of the devices
- Created a CMTS cost analysis tool
- Supported NOC with final level support for Confidential CMTS and Cable Modems
- Created a prototype network monitoring solution for tracking capacity utilization of high speed data network
- Documentation and data tracking of issues during deployment of the Confidential network