- Over sixteen years of experience in IT systems and infrastructure working on various projects.
- Planned, led and managed many IT projects involving mainframe, servers, storage and network implementations in support of business objectives and customer requirements.
- Experienced in Data Center move, consolidations and closure. Managed a team of IT Systems Engineers supporting customers in disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Project management proficiency from initiation through closing following PMI PMBOK .
- Experience in mainframe, multi - platform, server and network environments.
- 15+ years of Disaster Recovery experience.
- Able to adapt well to changing technologies, environments, and responsibilities.
- Personable communicator wif the ability to connect wif all stakeholders, including senior management, vendors, clients and peers.
Platforms: Multi - Platform environments, IBM System z Series processors
Networking: TCP/IP, SNA, OSA, Ethernet, InRange and Brocade Directors, Cisco network environments.
Tools: MS Office, MS Project, MS Office suite, Visio, Sharepoint, Lotus Notes, Oracle Asset Management, Aperture, IBM Network Advisor, Change Management software, CA GSD, HDS GUI, EMC configurations.
Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server 2000/2003, z/OS, z/VM, z/VSE.
Disaster Recovery Consultant
- Consulting and providing guidance in updating processes and documentation involving outsourced disaster recovery environment wif HP Managed Services. Conducting disaster recovery exercises wif HP utilizing both shared and dedicated equipment at HP data centers.
- Working directly wif Business Process owners, IT System Owners, SME’s, Risk Management in improving processes and standardizing BCP and DR processes.
- Involved in all aspects of DR, including BIA’s, Recovery Strategies and Procedures and DR exercise Improvements.
Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Worked directly wif Business Process owners, SME’s, Risk Management in improving processes and standardizing BCP and DR processes.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling and execution of Disaster Recovery exercises at SunGard.
Worked on projects involving Data Center infrastructure, processors, management servers, operations and network teams in the support of production environment as part of the acquisition efforts involving Confidential purchase of Confidential U.S. credit card business.
- Monitored and ensured hardware and infrastructure reliability and availability.
- Responsible for infrastructure consisting of z/Series processors, HMC, DS8000 storage, IBM / Brocade directors, OSA, network connectivity and configurations.
- Opened, managed and closed change and incident management tickets as needed.
Systems Engineer Project Management
- Created project plans and participated in the relocation of z/Series processors, Brocade Directors, management servers, IBM DS8000 series storage and IBM ATL / VTL libraries in support of production and disaster recovery environment.
- Worked closely wif network and infrastructure teams implementing company-wide changes.
- Monitored, supported and participated in changes to data center infrastructure.
- Opened, managed and closed change and incident management tickets as needed
Confidential, Wood Dale, Illinois
Manager Systems Engineering
- Established and promoted cross functional teams between the Customer Service, Network, Operations and Systems Engineering teams in the successful execution of over 200 disaster recovery exercises per year.
- Collaborated wif systems engineers and operations, promoting communication and development of procedures for the successful setup, configuration, and execution of disaster recovery tests.
- Managed and worked wif counterpart in Texas wif large project in the closure of 250,000 sq. ft. Data Center in Las Colinas, TX.
- Led projects for de-installation of legacy technology, reducing floor space usage, maintenance costs and power.
Supervisor Systems Engineering
- Guided troubleshooting of customer issues during testing exercises, including traditional and high availability solutions.
- Built project plans and directed/collaborated closely wif the systems engineering team and IBM sales and engineers in the de-installation and installation of IBM z/Series 2064 and 2084 Mainframe Processors; worked wif HMCs, PR/SM and HCD for (22) LPAR disaster recovery configuration.
- Led and worked wif systems engineers and operation teams in the installation, configuration and development of procedures for EMC DMX and VMAX, Hitachi USP100, USP V and SVA storage.
- Worked wif vendors, including IBM, EMC, Hitachi and Sun/STK sales and engineering teams for installations and deployments.
- Led consolidation project for two mainframe data centers (SunGard and ComDisco), designing and documenting all infrastructure, systems and connectivity requirements for (2) IBM 9672, (1) IBM 2064 processor and (1) CF as well as DASD, tape technology infrastructure and management servers.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Gatheird requirements and supported testing, achieving customer service ratings of 4.82 out of 5.
- Installed VM/ESA, z/VM, OS/390 and hardware, supporting evolving customer requirements.
- Attended and provided technical support at sales workshops for new and existing customers.
- Provided technical support for customers performing disaster recovery testing.