- Open to full - time, permanent, PhD level, non-finance, non-consulting, non-startup job opportunities in SFO Bay area only Machine Learning/ Data Mining/ Data Scientist jobs A professional with a different attitude
- I am a technical person, who likes and wants to get his hands dirty. This essentially means I am willing to participate in the design and development of algorithms and have myself involved in the implementation as well.
- Green Card in the EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Category Extraordinary ability in the sciences .
- O-1A visa for individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences. Double PhD and 16+ years of work and research experience.
- Experienced programmer with deep knowledge of algorithms.
- Worked with Wolters Confidential (WK) as a Computer Scientist and played a critical role in the company transformation to a big data insights driven company.
- Experienced researcher in computer science with several publications and 121 Google Scholar citations till date.
- Holds two PhDs with different specializations viz., "Statistical Machine Learning" (from New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, USA) and "Cryptography, Combinatorics and Sensor Networks"(from Confidential, Calcutta, India).
- Editor and reviewer of prestigious journals/conferences. Made presentations at international conferences and visited foreign universities as a scholar.
MACHINE LEARNING AND LARGE SCALE DATA ANALYSIS: Logistic Regression, Generalized Linear Model (GLM), Naïve Bayes, Support Vector Machines (SVM), Random Forest), Unsupervised Learning (Clustering Techniques K-Means, Non-parametric, Spectral, Graph-based), Collaborative Filtering (CF), Dimensionality Reduction, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Singular Value Decomposition (SVD), Distributed systems, Distributed computing. Preliminary knowledge of Python, Hadoop, MapReduce, NoSQL, Hive, Cassandra.
PROGRAMMING: C, C++, Java, Matlab, Mathematica, Excel, SQL, scripting in UNIX. Several years of experience in RDBMS’ (Oracle, SQL Server) and OS’ (Windows, Unix/Linux).
QUANTITATIVE: Mathematical, statistical and stochastic modeling, analysis of large datasets, optimization techniques (linear (linear programming) and nonlinear (Nelder-Mead)), time series models, numerical methods, probability, statistics, partial differential equation, stochastic differential equation, finite difference methods, regression and statistical analysis, stochastic process and Brownian motion, Monte Carlo simulation and variance reduction techniques.
- Research on the financial and engineering applications of bivariate copula.
- Design and development of a hybrid analytical simulator for UMTS-based wireless networks.
- Determination of time average variance constant (TAVC) for arbitrary stationary processes.
- Multiple comparison with the best (MCB) and selection using stochastic techniques.
- Programming in C, C++ on Linux in general and also for a device called Cerfcube.
- Research in the area of Cryptography & Coding theory.
- Served on the technical program committee for ICCCN’07 Network Security Track.
- Research in Cryptography, Combinatorics, Sensor Networks.
- Presented paper in ISC 2005, Singapore.
- Visited Confidential, Australia during .
- Study of algebraic properties of two-dimensional Cellular Automata.
- Complex data analysis for Bioinformatics applications.
- Visited Japan and worked with Japanese client.
- Designing, developing and implementing Intranet and Web based applications using JAVA (JDK 1.2), IBM Visual Age, Websphere, BEA Weblogic, EJB, JDBC, RMI, Java Beans.
- Detailed design of applications using Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD).
- Creation of Use Cases, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Collaborations diagrams, State diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Exposure to Rational RequisitePro, Rational SoDA.