- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (RedHat and Oracle).
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation AWS Config, Autoscalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), GIT, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins and Build Forge to implement the End to End Automation.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, findbugs and checkstyle.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Experience writing Shell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience using RPMs to effectively package the applications for product deployments
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Weblogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies
- Ability to work closely with teams, in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
- Good knowledge on ITIL Process and have worked on coordinating releases across the projects.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), UNIX, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7, AIX.
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, RTC,GIT, SourceTree
Languages: C, JAVA, XML, SHELL, PERL
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g,DB2
Application Servers: WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE, TOMCAT
Tools: ANT,MAVEN, HUDSON/JENKINS, CHEFF, PUPPET, BUILD FORGE
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, Cloud Trail, IAM. VMWare.
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Hiera, Cutome Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Using Jenkins AWS CodeDeploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Member of CCM representing changes for Release and environment configuration
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups,
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Created multi AZ VPC instances
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscalling groups
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Build & Release Engineer/DevOPS Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Written make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, CHEF, TC Server, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool.
- Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
Environment: SVN, Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Build Forge, Maven and ANT Tomcat, Jira
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, Samba, VMware Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, Bash.