- Around 8 Years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/ Agile operator, Linux Administrator, Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Strong expertise on Devops concepts like Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous delivery (CD) and Infrastructure as Code, Cloud Computing etc
- Experience in writing chef cookbooks and recipes to automate middleware installations, domain creations and deployment activities.
- Worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, R53
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins and Build Forge to implement the End - to- End Automation.
- Knowledge on Vagrant& Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of env's delivery for releases.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, Weave and Compose for various applications written in Node.Js and several micro services.
- Implemented and supported CI process via Jenkins and Bamboo for several java applications including setting up pipeline jobs and downstream job configurations in Jenkins.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of different Application servers like Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss; Web Servers like and Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
- Configured and administered Monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, and Zabbix etc.
- Maintained continuous build automation, implemented with Maven and Ant run within Hudson/Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated builds and deployments
- Implemented a CD pipeline involving Jenkins + Rundeck + Chef to complete the Automation from commit to Deployment.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city, Rundeck and other Tools like Sonar, and Nexus/Artifactory, Git/GitHub like systems, JIRA, Atlassian stack of tools like Crucible, Fisheye, Stash etc.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Fisheye, Crucible and IBM Clear Quest.
- Good knowledge of implementing configuration management tools Puppet, Chef, Ansible and treating Infrastructure as Code
- Solid understanding of current web and internet technologies like Apache,Tomcat, Nginx, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic search, Memcache.
- Strong experience in using Hadoop eco-system components like HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, HBase, Zookeeper.
- Expertise in Automating Application Deployments using Anthill Pro(UDeploy) continuous Integration Tool.
- Strong base knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). In depth knowledge about Agile, Waterfall and Scrum methodologies.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Ruby and Python
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Source control tools: Git, Perforce, SVN
Cloud Technologies: Mainly AWS, Open Stack, GCE
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City
Repository management: Nexus, Artifactory
Monitoring tools: Sonar, Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic
Testing tools: JUnit, Cucumber, Sauce Labs
Bug reporting tools: Jira, Bugzilla
Packaging Tools: RPM, Zip, Yum, pip, gem
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux(RHEL/Centos/Ubuntu)
Databases: Postgres SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, Redis
Change Management: Service Now, JIRA, Remedy
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Worked on development, staging and production software environments and their infrastructure.
- Actively participated to improve the scalability of the build, release, and deployment processes and operation.
- Worked on Release and Software Configuration Management process including setting up and implementing branching, check-in, build and deployment process.
- Successfully deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management. Written Cloud Formation templates from scratch to provision new environments from scratch. Good knowledge in using AWS CLI and Botosdk.
- Implemented Vagrant, a production like virtual development environment for developers.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labeling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Integrated Ant and Maven with Jenkins in order to run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Used the JIRA for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Deployed Micro services in Dev& QA environment using AWS Ecs and
- Configured Nginx for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Worked on Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services, Auto scaling, VPC, Network ACL’s and Route Tables, ELB etc in AWS cloud.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl scripts for build and release tasks.
- In-depth knowledge in Apache Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins Continuous Integration Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, and integrating these tools with other systems.
- Developed and maintained Bash/Python/Ruby scripts for build and release tasks.
- Defined Ansible inventory implementation with both static and dynamic inventory concepts leveraged Vault for encrypted key stores.
- Automated OS and application deployment using Kick Start, Ansible and Puppet.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, JIRA and ClearQuest.
Environment: SVN,GIT,GIT Stash, Puppet, Apache ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, Unix/Linux, Windows, JBoss, Web Sphere, Ruby, chef, ActiveMQ, Oracle, Nexus, AWS Services
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Designed and implemented Subversion (SVN) metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks. Test Driven Development for chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen, chef spec, server spec.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Redis and MySQL).
- Integrating Issue tracking system into the build process will make the work flow much more efficient. We are currently using JIRA as an Issue tracking system.
- Developing scripts for generating Server Info weekly reports, Backup and maintenance of different servers around the globe.
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts Configure of Multiple servers using Puppet.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Perl scripts.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Nginx as a web server.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef and Ansible.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Bit bucket repository.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages such as Shell, PowerShell, Python, Ruby.
- Excelled on creating AMI (amazon machine images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling. That Auto Scaling fired up new resources those will by default bootstrapped with the Chef-Server.
Environment: AWS, AWS IAM, AWS S3, AWS cloud watch, Nginx, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, GitHub, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Java, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Junit, Cucumber, Json, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins, and cloud Formation.
- Experience in building new Open Stack Deployment through Puppet and managing them in production environment.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Testing Puppet modules with rspec-puppet and Docker containers before uploading to puppet server.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also MAVEN as a build tool.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Executed QA services for enhancing efficiency of technologies AND related updates for cloud storage applications.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Used Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Experience moving Java/J2EE applications and Databases into Cloud.
- Extracted data from different sources like Oracle, Flat files, External files and transformed the data based on Business requirements and loading into Oracle target database.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Hands on experience on Version Control Systems like Svn, Git and GitHub/Gitlab; Proposed and implemented Advanced Branching Strategies, Feature Branch based Delivery model etc; written different Hooks (Pre/Post Commit) to Enforce different policies/standards of the company working knowledge on cloud services of AWS: EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, IAM, SNS, SQS, RDS, Dynamo DB, Cloud Front etc.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Jiraas ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Used chef to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
Environment: SVN, Shell Scripts, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Build Forge, Maven, ANT, Apache Tomcat, Ruby, Jira, Puppet, Docker, Oracle, Chef, Shell, Cloud computing, Open stack, JVM, AWS.
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Proficient with Jenkins, Team City and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn’s come from the developer.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and ClearCase.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA,TeamCity, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Linux/Build and release Engineer
- Installation, migration, Configuration and Administration of Red Hat Linux.
- Perform O/S, firmware and required infrastructure software upgrades.
- Performance Management & Tuning of Linux Kernel.
- Developed and modified Linux shell scripts as per the Customer requirements.
- Performed day-to-day jobs such as monitoring log files, writing and running the scripts to automatically watch the resources, CPU, memory, I/O, and paging space.
- Created Users and Groups for certain departments. Configured DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and integrity of a distributed, networked Linux based environment.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of job, system monitoring and error reporting.
- Setup and configured network TCP/IP on Linux.
- Maintained DNS and NIS server.
- Provided support for the systems in the Data Centre and in the production environment. Also, provided support for the SMTP mail server and the network components using the firewalls.
- Networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Managed data backups, archives, restoration and recovery.
- Experience with TCP/IP, FTP, DNS, NIS, BIND, sys logging, Linux
- Account management and file permissions
Environment: Red Hat, Ant, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Solaris, Shell scripting, Apache Tomcat, Nexus.