- Hands - on professional with extensive experience in Microsoft infrastructure products as well as Intel based rack and blade servers and storage devices. Diverse technical expertise derived from job roles in pre-sales and post sales implementation support.
- I managed many projects throughout my career from Virtualization migrations, Y2K compliancy and user and project share migrations. learning and effective application of cutting edge technology has been a requirement in all of my job roles.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including listening. I am a valuable individual contributor and team player that motivates and mentors people at all levels.
Software: Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 Server, Windows XP, Vista, IIS, MS SQLDHCP, WINS, DNS, SMS, Active Directory
VMware: ESX 3, 4.x, vCenter 3, 4.x
Other: Symantec Anti - Virus, McAfee Anti-Virus, Arcserve, Veritas NetbackupBackup Exec, BMC Patrol, HP SIM, Confidential Director, UNIX
Hardware: System X, BladeCenters, Blade switches (Cisco, Nortel, BNT, Brocade)
Storage: Confidential DS3000, DS4000, Nseries, EqualLogics
Senior System Administrator
- Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 Operating System configuration and administration using an array of OTS & custom software tools (i.e. Bladelogic, Adaptive Computing Moab Suite, Confidential Tivoli Director, Symantec Enterprise Security Manager, McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise, ROARS, etc.) HP & Confidential Server hardware setup, maintenance and decommissions. Server monitoring and management with Confidential Director and VMware vSphere.
- Implementation Engineer working with on-site DC techs, Design techs and Project Managers to deliver physical & virtual windows servers for production. Coordinate OS and application patching for more than 4,000 Trading Systems. Train new contractors on the Server build processes and procedures. Created a procedure to Audit Backup policies of more than 700 applications across all OS platforms at the bank (Solaris, AIX, Linux, Windows) and report results to clients for reconciliation.
- Then, managed the repair of any discrepancies to certify the backups as accurate and complete. Also, put in place daily email reporting of backup failures to clients for tracking and resolution. Worked on team to implement Confidential 's Private Cloud that builds Physical and Virtual images using
- Puppet. This included writing Linux stencils, testing, implementing and educating teams on how to use the cloud GUI interface.
Senior System Administrator
- Server Delivery Team Windows NT, 2000, 2003 and 2008 Operating System configuration and administration. Server hardware setup and configuration and decommissions. Suggested moving from a Backup Exec client to Netbackup. This was later implemented throughout the company. Server monitoring and management with HP SIM. Complex problem troubleshooting and root cause analysis for servers supporting a variety
- Day to day support of the Windows/ESX server environment Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 Firmware and security patch deployment as necessary. P2V older physical servers to VM guests via VM Converter process. Worked with Applications owners updating many older servers which required extensive regulatory documentation.
Senior Product Specialist
- Perform System X & BladeCenter & Storage Hardware configurations and power analyses using Confidential ’s configuration tools and power tool and diagram with Visio.
- Architect small, medium, large VMware environments with Confidential hardware and storage.
- Drafted & conducted technical PPT presentations about new and existing System X & BladeCenter models for customers and internal AEs.
- Perform product rack and stack at customer sites.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to all Confidential AEs in eastern region.
- Conduct server utilization (using CDAT & VMware Capacity Planner) studies and present consolidation studies to IT management.
- Worked with technical teams to create SOWs for service proposals.
Wintel Technical Solution Architect
- Identified servers that could be consolidated by function via software scans and interviews with application SMEs and SAs.
- Proposed consolidations to users, developers, DBAs, SAs and management.
- Managed migrations with users, developers and operations personnel in offshore locations.
- Performed pre-migration readiness procedures on servers to be migrated.
- Migrated Servers using P2V Assistant, VM Converter.
- Performed post-migration virtual image testing and clean-up of hardware services.
- Upgraded OS versions to Windows Server 2003.
- Retired several Domain Controllers by moving or removing services and scheduled tasks.
- Upgraded Symantec Antivirus servers to version 9 company wide.
- Created a SYSPREP & Ghost process for imaging PCs with Windows XP reducing images from > 20 to 2.
Senior Technical Manager
- Ensured that servers were patched and operational 24/7/365.
- Managed and performed the consolidation of data shares on over 35 Sun Servers across the country to Wintel file servers using SAMBA and Robocopy to reduce server maintenance and support costs by more than $100,000 per year.
- Migrated IIS web servers to new servers and from NT 4 to Server 2000.
- Created and managed technical teams to develop and implement technical plans.
- Managed the upgraded more than 2,000 servers for Y2K compliancy.
- Created a learning center to aid desktop and server associates enhance their skill sets and prepare for and emerging technologies.
- Taught Network Essentials during lunch & learn program to help other employees become Microsoft certified.
- Set up an NT LAB environment so Confidential Tivoli consultants could be productive day 1.
- Was the go-to person for Confidential consultants to get things done in the AT&T process maze.
- Worked closely with Tivoli/ Confidential consultants to deploy more than 200 servers at AT&T locations across the country.
- Used BMC Patrol for monitoring / server alerts for servers throughout the company.
- Managed and maintained the daily operation of 10 servers and more than 100 workstations across the country for users and remote administrators.
- Operations responsibility for 24/7 access and support both locally and remotely.
- Assured that new users had the proper hardware and software configurations to support the sales applications as well as network connectivity.
- Additionally, supported access to various mainframe systems and e-mail through Microsoft mail. Converted Microsoft Mail to Exchange.
- Primary contact for troubleshooting LAN/Network problems and answering questions for end users as well as LAN Administrators in remote locations.
- Visited users’ sites and aided with installing software and hardware assuring that all technology was working properly.
- Upgraded the server’s hardware (Starserver) and software (UNIX SVR4) to accommodate the growth of the user community.