Over 13 years of experience working in the IT field in a variety of capacities with a wide range of software packages. Supported file delivery with a home grown solution at Confidential, as well as using Confidential Composer, supported middleware on HP - UX for the Defense Logistics Agency; supported check imaging systems for Confidential on Windows 2003 servers; supported various client-server / desktop applications; and supported e-mail, ftp, domain, and server administration at Confidential and Confidential . Skilled at hunting down and remedying problems. Bring a creative and imaginative mind to forge effective solutions. Capable of creating complex batch and shell scripts. Able to work with a team, and to independently master new technologies quickly.
To acquire a position where I can use the technological and communicative skills I have to support the enterprise. I very much would like to stay working on UNIX platforms, as I did when I was a contractor at the Defense Logistics Agency, as well as now for Confidential .
TECHNICAL / COMPUTER SKILLS:
Operating Systems: Windows Server OS Platforms, Linux, Unix, AIX, AS400, and MS-DOS.
Software: Transfer CFT, Confidential Composer, TCP/IP Utilities, Internet Information Server, Microsoft Office technologies, Mercury Quality Center, Bloomberg Professional, MorningStar Principia, FactSet, WebSphere Application Server 6.1 Express, Sungard OmniPay, Sungard PayWeb, PGCalc Giftwrap, Bloomberg Integration Gateway, Visio, Axys, Moxy, BREU, Citrix, Windows Clustering, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, ProSystem, Micr8000, image Check Processing Control System (iCPCS), Power Encode, TRIPS (Touchless Returns Item Processing System), Control-M, OpenSSH.
WORK EXPERIENCE:Senior Software Engineer
- Responsible for an in-house multi-platform logistics system based upon FTP and guaranteed file delivery.
- The platforms used include Unix, Linux, AIX, AS400, and Windows 2003 Servers.
- Additionally responsible for Confidential Transfer CFT and using Composer to create new routes.
- Hunt down and remedy any and all service interruptions occurring in the operation.
- Common issues include: problems with the server, the share point, DNS, or permissions.
- Use Unix/Linux, and Windows error codes to assist in diagnosing issues.
- Engineer ksh scripting solutions to effect log clean up based upon date, location and log size as fed through parameterization.
- Administer client/server applications for testing and production environments using clustered Windows 2003 Enterprise servers to create new routes.
- Interface with company personnel to test and enhance aspects of the file delivery application.
- Carry out Tracker duties as required.
Developer / Senior Software Engineer
- Tested, implemented, documented and rolled out solutions to remedy problems in Production and Testing environments.
- Engineered solutions that required complex scripting to monitor, e-mail, and page out when issues occurred on real time trading platform in order to affect quick repair.
- Administered client/server applications for testing and production environments using clustered Windows 2003 Enterprise servers.
- Supported a wide variety of bank and wealth management applications.
- Cooperated with bank departments to troubleshoot issues relating to connectivity, server, and desktops.
- Interfaced and participated with bank personnel to test and upgrade software as needed by the lines of business.
- Carried out Tracker duties as required.
- Hired after originally performing duties as a contractor.
Server Application Administrator / QA Testing Application Administrator
- Administrated client/server applications in testing and production environments.
- Maintained environments in relation to day one and day two applications for highly visible bank mergers.
- Monitored, upgraded, and fixed issues with Micr8000, iCPCS, Power Encode, TRIPS, and other softwares.
- Interfaced with venders and bank IT departments to address production issues.
- Performed testing and shakedown of server applications and trained users.
- Created scripts to assist the administration, installation, and remediation of bank applications.
- Utilized Control-M to test and monitor PERL scripts to troubleshoot issues and suggest solutions.
- Implemented solutions to remedy problems in both production and testing.
- Hired after a year of performing duties as a contractor.
eGate Technician / Consultant / Solution Provider
- Interacted with Defense Logistics Agency departments to find lost data, and ensure delivery.
- Created Shell scripts to send data, error messages, and perform file maintenance.
- Re-engineered interfaces for sending data to business partners.
- Utilized FTP/SFTP/OpenSSH to interact with Mainframes, Windows, and Unix Servers.
- Monitored and analyzed eGate and Unix logs to trouble-shoot server and networking issues.
LAN / Systems Administrator
- Maintained NT 4.0/2000 Domain, 25 local PC systems, 200+ PC/server systems in 88 branches.
- Supported Exchange 5.5 with 25 MAPI and 100+ SMTP/POP3 connections, FTP Server, IIS 4, and Proxy Server 2.0.
- Performed Tier 1-3 support for server, printer, LAN/WAN, PC, and connectivity issues locally and nationally.
- Developed Access Database applications for custom reporting, and to convert DBase III data to a standard format.
- Procured equipment, coordinated installation, and performed upgrades in relation to LAN/WAN connectivity, PC and server hardware/software both locally and in remote sites.
- Installed and configured Cisco 3002 VPN Concentrators and Netopia ISDN/IDSL R3100 Routers.
- Worked issues relating to DSL routers, LAN/WAN connectivity, Cisco 3002 VPN Concentrators, cabling, PC's, etc.
- Performed project management duties for crucial, financially sensitive IT projects.
- Maintained licensing standards, capacity planning, and strategic initiatives pertaining to IT as delegated by the CFO.
Technical Project Analyst / Computer Analyst / Access Developer
- Developed and tested Access Database applications for custom reporting, and delivery of bank sensitive files.
- Performed installations of extremely high profile bank software packages for insuring Y2K compliancy to both local and national users via hands on and over-the-phone instruction.
- Beta-tested software and created documentation to ensure usability for Confidential and its tier one customers.
- Provided documentation and to Help Desk personnel in the supporting of software products.
- Facilitated trouble-shooting of computers, local area networks, Dial-Up Networking, Microsoft Operating Systems, Windows Sockets, and third party vender software.
- Hired on after a year as a Computer Analyst for Origin: Technology In Business.