- Extensive experience in QAM radio design in microwave and UHF radio channels.
- Experience in IP network architectures, Ethernet interfaces, and point to multipoint radio design.
- Signal processing algorithms: hardware/software/firmware in modulation, demodulation, and forward error correction.
- Special capabilities in weak signal recovery in high noise and temporal dispersion channels for UHF, microwave radio.
- FPGA and ASIC development for applications in digital radio, capacitive touch, medical devices, and laser ranging.
- Perform functional and bit true simulation of custom designed algorithms and hardware architectures in MatLab.
- DSP programming languages used include MatLab, C++, assembly, Verilog, and VHDL.
- DSP software tools experience in TI Code Composer Studio, Analog Devices SHARC, and Motorola processors.
- FPGA hardware design experience in Xilinx and Altera using Verilog and VHDL PC platform systems.
- Algorithms employed using FIR, IIR, PLL and Kalman filters. Decision directed feedback and FFTs applied to signal acquisition, equalization, and demodulation of weak signals in dispersive channels.
- In depth experience in FEC techniques such as Reed - Solomon, Viterbi, and customized Turbo codes.
- Extensive applications experience in DSP applied to optical, wire-line modems, UHF radio, microwave radio, LASER control, data compression and medical technology.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
System IC Architect
- Created the IC specification and design for a unique capacitive touch controller for use in hostile environments.
- The design supports mixed modes of mutual and self capacitance detection for robust operation in the presence of water, dirt, blood, and gloves.
- Managed a third party ASIC developer to simulate and create a mixed signal analog/digital design in a 40 nm CMOS process.
- Special emphasis was given to low power and chip area.
- Performed Matlab simulation studies to confirm switched capacitor/resistor digitally assisted analog front end. A US patent application has been filed.
- Used Xilinx FPGA programmed in Verilog to verify RTL. I2C, SPI, and DSP functions all verified using Matlab Instrument Control Toolbox in real time to FPGA.
- Supervised analog designers in chip layout of critical analog sections. Reviewed design simulations performed using Cadence tools.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Staff Systems Architect, Research and Development
- Architected new innovative capacitive touch controller ICs using mutual and self capacitance.
- Special emphasis on low cost designs in a cost sensitive mature industry.
- Created several new signal processing systems to combat noise to make product robust in a noisy hostile environment. Several patents filed and received.
Confidential. San Jose, CA
Research & Development Systems Engineer
- Responsible for IC architecture and algorithms for capacitive touch screen controllers.
- Performed technical lead function for all RTL and FW designers.
- Proprietary DSP algorithms developed to create and detect very weak signals in high noise environments for capacitive touch screen navigation.
- Designed algorithms for very low power consumption.
- Optimized designs to minimize silicon usage for cost minimization.
- Created design based on highly adaptive filtering methods for robust, self calibrating operation.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Consultant/Communication System Architect/Developer
- Proprietary DSP algorithms developed to detect multiple weak signals in high noise environments with large frequency uncertainties.
- DSP implemented in C++ and MatLab using the TI 5509 DSP.
- Extensive software tools created in MatLab for post processing field-captured data in early animal and clinical trials.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Senior Development Engineer
- Designed and developed hardware/software for RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags used for tracking commercial vehicles and shipping containers.
- Designed and developed the WhereWand for RFID tags using Altera FPGAs programmed with Verilog code.
- Designed and developed the hardware and software for a high volume RFID tag manufacturing station.
- MatLab combined with C programming was used and implemented on the PC platform using Visual C++.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Consultant / System Architect/Hardware-Software Developer
- Supervised several contractors in RF, logic, and software design/development.
- Implemented several PCBs using SMT components with Xilinx Spartan FPGAs and theTI 5502 DSP.
- Decision directed signal recovery, adaptive equalization, and Reed-Solomon error correction employed.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes