Mid - level Electrical Engineer (EIT) experienced in hydro-power generation, nuclear plant engineering/operations and avionics electronics. Background in generator commissioning and start-up; Installation and commissioning of rotational equipment monitoring systems; Test engineering, test equipment and root cause analysis to incorporate design modifications for product improvement, plant operational improvements and cost reductions. Specific strengths include:
- Power Generation & Distribution
- Sub-contractor Technical Manager
- Electronics & Control Systems
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Nuclear Plant Electrical Operations
- Root Cause & Failure Analysis
- Bechtel Procurement
- Set Route
- Power World
- RS Logix
- RS Linx
- PLCs Electronic Workbench
- Hi Wire
- Baan Inventory
- LABView programming
- I-DEAS drafting-AUTOCAD
- C++ programming
- Visual Basic
- MultiSim designs & simulations
- Scilab. Microprocessors. Design change process
- Engineering design review. Microsoft: Word
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Plant Engineer in charge of vitrification (vit) plant’s maintenance and operations of electrical systems and components.
- Document changes in design due to part obsolescence, field changes and field failure mitigation sand plant design improvement.
- Procurement of electrical equipment, maintain installed equipment documentation, recommend and procure spare parts lists, develop maintenance procedures and schedules using required National Electrical Code NFPA, ANSI, NETA, ASTM, IEEE.
- Design Change Packages for Main Switchgear Building and Distribution Building.
- Temporary Modification from permanent power design configuration to temporary construction power for entire plant site.
- Contractor bid proposal technical reviews.
- Technical manager for EATON contractor for the power breaker refurbishment and repair project.
- Technical manager for Mountain States medium voltage transformer refurbishment and power up preparation project.
- Nuclear laboratory building lead for equipment procurement, installed electrical equipment lists, spare parts and preventative maintenance tasks creation and scheduling.
- Junior Engineer mentoring and development.
Confidential Ludington, MI
Electrical Engineer/Project Engineer
- ESD (Engineering Support Dept.) On site field support for generator rebuild and plant projects, responsible for developing electrical designs, technical reviews of electrical designs developed by Architectural-Engineering firms (A-E).
- Resolve electrical design related problems arising during construction. Create Engineering Change Notices,
- Review generator designs and verify demolition and installation schematics and documentation.
- Review and initiate procedures for document control and revision updates to field technicians.
- Plant project field engineering support for all 6 generator rebuilds.
- Annual outage and maintenance support.
- Support generator/plant testing and commissioning.
- Creation of Unit 6’s Rebuild Drawing Package.
Confidential Cincinnati, Ohio
Field Engineer VI
- Installed and commissioned vibration monitoring systems and computer based data acquisition systems and verified performance of existing systems. Interfaced and trained customers and end users.
- DP&L-JM Stuart Station, (4 unit coal fired) Installed, tested, and verified turbine & generator and replaced Bently equipment asset management and computer acquisition system.
- LG&E-Cane Run 7, (4 unit coal fired converting to Confidential turbine) Commissioned 3500 rack.
- WPS Rothschild, (4 unit coal fired) Installed Bently on the boiler feed pump and forced draft fans
- Duke-Hanging Rock, (4 Confidential and 2 Steam units) Diagnosed and repaired 3500 rack fault.
- Toshiba Consumers-Ludington Hydro, Installed and tested to verify Bently metrology equipment.
- AEP-Gavin, (2 unit coal fired) Verified, tested, and commissioned programming, logic, safety annunciation for the 3500 Rack and SW and field inputs.
- First Confidential -Bayshore Plant (4 unit coal fire) Installed and verified System 1 computer upgrade.
Confidential Umatilla, OR
Electrical Engineer III
- Conducted teamwork during commissioning of 3 separate generator units; including switch gear, aunciators, relays and breakers.
- Performed environmental hazard oil abatement.
- Managed on-site 1460V modification to 480V system project.
- Contributed electrical engineering principles & practices for the digital governor system upgrade, and digital exciter upgrade.
- Observed team compliance during generator start-up, black start, first spin, ramp test, hi-pot test.
Confidential Cedar Rapids, IA
Electrical Engineer II, New Product Support
- Participated in AFD (Adaptive Fight Displays)-6500 platform introduction, cost reduction, weight reduction, EMI performance improvement.
- Managed team investigations and resolutions into die shrink and flex cable failures.
- Coordinated AFD -3010 team on synthetic vision and video fault and repair.
- Conducted and led (5) FAA formal team investigations and completed reports.
- Participated in B-1B teamwork on the displays redesign and integration efforts; including power supply upgrade, grounding improvement, RS 485 resolution, board redesign, EMI Qual testing (MIL-STD 461D), ESS test and Vibe testing, DO-160, Acceleration tests.
- Completed (10) hours flight time, pilot training. Helicopter principles.
- Initiated component replacement to ensure inventory after Japan earthquake Just In Time deliveries.
- Participated L2 team EMI/PWB board redesign project.
Confidential Mankato, MN
- Taught Solid state lab tech (silicon chip design/manufacture test). Tutor undergrads.
- Tutored graduate students in use of lab equipment for evaluation of their chips.
Graduate Technical Engineer Intern
- Participated in Black Belt Six Sigma Project. Systems, Project Engineering training to develop LEAN Project Cost Estimation Modeling Techniques for Cross-Multiple Engineering Domains
- Implemented a structured approach to Confidential bid and proposal process by using a parametric tool, SEER-H, to integrate project management skills by creating Statement of Work (SOW), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Design Approach Review (DAR) to fit Request for Proposals (RFPs) and streamline the proposal bidding process.
- Completed ARC 210 estimate wifin 3% actual costs.
Confidential Fridley, MN
Electrical Engineer Graduate Intern
- Worked wifin controls group testing power generator controls to support development of automatic testing unit for generator tests and to document step by step use and interfaced for a service manual for technical testers use.
- Documented specifications for the unit to build code for the software to operate relay board for auto test. Use of analytical tools, DMM, multi-channel stored memory Yokogawa oscilloscope, current measure, PF measure, viewgrafs, resistive and inductive load banks, PLC programming.
- Discovered failure, controls fault caused by EMI on 12KW home generator set.
- Adapted wiring harness for access to control board.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes