- Network Engineer with over 15 years of extensive hands - on experience in network engineering, implementation, troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Designed, installed, configured and maintained complex routed LAN and WAN Cisco networks.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 companies like SC Confidential, J&J, Confidential etc.
- A team player, with demonstrated leadership and supervision skills, experienced in change management and cross department liaisons.
- Advanced Cisco Router configuration
- CISCO Internet work Design
- CISCO Internet work Troubleshooting
- CISCO LAN Switch Configuration
- Network switches, Cisco IOS, NX-OS 9000, 7010 3400s, 5000s, cat 3850s 2960,3750, 4500
- Routers: ASR-9000, 1000, 1001, 2900, 2821, ISR 4331 and 4431etc.
- WIFI - (Wireless 802.11 standards) Lan support, and ASA support, MPLS protocol, routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- LAN/WAN Technologies, Ethernet,STP,VTP, VSS, VPC, VLAN, MPLS,VPN.
- Internet Technologies, DMZs, Cloud Web and perimeter security.
- Network Management, NetBrain, Cisco work, Vital Net, NetQOS
- Cisco ASA Firewall 5545(with Firepower) 5512,5506 and Bluecoat
Confidential, Racine, WI
Network Administrator Engineer
- Maintained ownership of the global/enterprise-wide network and telecom systems which includes long-term and daily planning prioritizing/tracking initiatives, day-to-day administration, system design, implementation and support. Developed and implemented plans in collaboration with other information technology teams, business stakeholders and external vendors.
- Designed, configured, implemented, administered and ensured TEMPeffective system performance while ensuring compatibility with other enterprise systems - Designed SIP Trunks using Cisco ISR 2800, 2921 Gateways
- Designed Data Center connectivity using Nexus 7K, 4K, 3K and 2k Fabric extenders - FEX.
- Monitored enterprise-wide systems, using Orion Spectrum as well as NetBrain.
- Identified problems and TEMPeffectively determined/implemented resolutions while adhering to change management principals and best pratices.
- Managed the complete lifecycle of large, complex multi-phase/multi-dimensional enterprise-wide projects, and drive initiatives to extend leading solutions designed to enhance the user experience and productivity.
- Served as technical expert, providing guidance to local and remote-site based installations of enterprise-wide systems and provided advanced troubleshooting of related local and remote site technologies. Provided guidance to other corporate information technology staff on projects, processes, procedures and best practice.
- Researched best practices in the administration and design of collaboration technologies in the market, recommended solutions which are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring security as well as regulatory and policy compliance, including required administrative reports.
Confidential - Racine, WI
Sr Network Engineer (Latin American Region)
- As the Associate manager of the Latin American region:
- Provided Management and Technical Lead in the analysis and resolution of issues to maximize system availability dat meets both internal and clients service levels.
- Provided architectural designs for new office moves and integration to existing networks - utilizing Nexus 3000, catalyst 4500X and 2960X, and supervised design implementation in a structured, well organized, and principald best practices - resulting in zero downtime.
- Managed relationships with Network Operations Centers (NOC)
- Provide technical expertise in the evaluation, planning, analysis, development and implementation of network infrastructure including providing roadmaps, processes and procedures for both project work and general organizational growth in conjunction with Management.
- Maintain and enhance organizational security posture by following security requirements as specified by the organization toward both compliance and true security.
- Maintain noledge of technologies, including new technology developments.
- Interface with appropriate technology vendors during installation and in resolution of any problem.
Confidential – Mount Laurel, NJ
- Part of a team of Network Engineers responsible for redesign of Conrail network in over 200 locations nationwide:
- Deployed Cisco Nexus 7000 in three different locations – including configurations and installations.
- Worked extensively with Cisco 3020 for HP server enclosure.
- In depth involvement in deployment of VOIP routers
- Provided engineering and technical support to all remote branch offices nationwide. Included day to day monitoring and management of all network devices.
- Produced network diagram to reflect accurate devices locations.
Confidential – Philadelphia, PA
Network Support Engineer
- Lead the project dat created centralized and automated network management systems to meet corporate goals.
- Provide tier 3 support for Confidential data network on a 24/7 pager rotation schedule and resolved multiple network connectivity issues in the LAN and WAN environments.
- Continuous interface with design engineers to provide permanent solutions to recurring network issues.
- Member of the annual code upgrade process for all Cisco network devices.
- Member “incidence response” team responsible for resolving all customer network connectivity issues.
Confidential – Wayne, PA
- Performed network management and problem determination on layer 2 and layer 3 devices for network issues and assistance for server and related problems.
- Installed, configure and/or test Cisco 6500s, 5000, 4500, 4000s and 3500 series routers and switches for which IBM has responsibility; including routing between the corporate inter-network using EIGRP.
- Implement workarounds to minimize outages.
- Provide Change Management Services, including participation in change management process documentation and monitoring, creating, approving and processing change requests.
- Provides Confidential & Confidential with advance notice for planned outages initiated by IBM and communicate J&J’s advance notice for planned outages dat effect IBM.
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for all supported network devices, including network diagrams.
- Participated in rotating 24/7 on call hot-pager rotation; participate in transitions of new sites.
- Participated in technical, administrative, and new project requests or reviews as requested.
- Perform daily tasks such as updating and reviewing documentation, reports/log file examination, change and problem tickets.
- Recommended solutions based on reports from various tools.
- Consult with onsite personnel - requests for information or assistance and consults with Cisco for outages, performance issues and projects.
- dis also includes coordination of ordering replacement parts between Cisco and onsite personnel.
- Assisted network management team with tier 3 support, and coordinate intra-team efforts to troubleshoot or offer re-designs help when requested.
- As consulting network engineer was responsible for all or subset of the following functions including actual device deployments
- Cisco 6500 supervisor engine and code upgrades and re-engineering of the local network design to meet increasing end-user demands, and decommissioning of end of service and end of life network elements, and problem resolution of user network difficulties.
- Preparation of change management scripts for implementation purposes, including preparation of network technology strategies and implementation recommendations and post implementation certification checks and reports
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- As part of the team, assumed the role of a Network Engineer for the implementation of MPLS network through its development life cycle.
- Participated in software refresh projects which entailed implementation of integrated VOIP and data network using Cisco 2851 and 3845 routers and 4510 core switches.
- Worked in network support groups to coordinate branch device migration using Cisco 6500 to utilize Ether Channel for port aggregation, traffic-sharing and redundancy.
- Supported existing network and engineered new networks from grounds up, and initiated contact with circuit vendors to provide network services and provided design support for site networks.
- Monitored the performance of networks using Sniffers, Cisco works and Open view.
- Developed performance monitoring methodology and documented reports; made recommendations for changes, implemented and monitored performance changes for TEMPeffectiveness, performed capacity planning, developed and implemented plans for network expansion as needed.
- Implemented traffic filters using standard and extended access-list, distribute-list, and route maps and implemented HSRP for redundancy across the network.
- Developed documentation for use by Operations/Helpdesk personnel, ensured relevant training of Operations/Helpdesk personnel.
- Design and implementation of network to handle multi-services.
- Utilized high level expertise in all data transport technology to implement complex IP-based networks using RIP, IGRP, EIGRP and OSPF.
DSL Technical Support Representative, Broadband Support Technician
- Started employment as a DSL technical support representative; and progressed to a broadband support technician.
- Identified Networks operations problems and reported to tier II engineers and provided timely feedback to team members in regard to service impacting situation and ensured accurate documentation of outage impact for root cause analysis.
- Main responsibility included providing quality technical support to customers over the phone and online.
- Resolving technical issues involving computer hardware and software applications problems.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes