- Innovative IT professional offering 5 years of progressive experience centered on administering Linux systems in the Cloud. Passionate about building tools and automation to make infrastructure more robust. Enjoys learning and acquiring knowledge - quickly and independently. A skilled communicator and technology enthusiast who seeks collaboration.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Migrated application platform from Rackspace + Digital Ocean to on-prem private cloud following company acquisition. Created S2S IPSEC VPNs between cloud VMs and Checkpoint firewall to facilitate secure data transfer.
- Plug security vulnerabilities and engineer plans to upgrade legacy applications and OS distribution versions.
- Automate repeatable tasks using Ansible playbooks and custom scripts (Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Deployed Splunk for centralized log aggregation and SolarWinds for systems and application monitoring. Setup SolarWinds integration with PagerDuty, rotating on-call schedules, and escalation policies.
- Perform primary/secondary on-call duties to manage alerts on PagerDuty and solve issues after-hours.
- Plan, schedule, test and perform software installation/updates, and code changes using change management process.
- Build, administer, and troubleshoot all Linux machines in mission critical environments (Production, Demo, Stage, Performance, QA/Test, Development/Integration)
- Launched a “lunch ‘n learn” initiative, where personal knowledge was shared across different teams.
- Proposed creation of internal wiki knowledge-base and using a centralized git server for source code.
Operations Systems Analyst
- Setup, configured, and managed over a dozen distributed Splunk deployments that monitored over 5,000 servers.
- Wrote custom scripts to aggregate and monitor server/application metrics. Provided insight to improve availability, reliability, performance and manageability of WFS real-time trading systems and services. (Python, Bash)
- Deployed, configured, and managed monitoring infrastructure to provide better insight into server and application metrics, shorten lead between fixes, and reduce mean time to repair in event of failures. (Icinga2: a Nagios fork)
- Utilized configuration management to practice DevOps’ “infrastructure as code” philosophy, which allowed for quick, self-documented, repeatable systems comprised from modular components. (SaltStack, Salt Cloud, Git)
- Wrote and refactored scripts; reducing runtime of internal script from 6 hours to 3 minutes. (Bash, Python, PHP)
- Completed last stages of migrating company’s systems from MSP to hybrid cloud on AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Deployed and managed RDBMS servers for use in various analytics projects, incorporating automated updates from vendor-supplied data. (Percona Server: a MySQL fork, MySQL on Amazon RDS, and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Tested, documented, and optimized disaster recovery processes, which were frequently used to recover data in event of user error.
Data Center Engineer
- Reduced time spent on cable-run mapping by 75% with Bash shell script.
- Led RFID project implementation to track materialized data center assets during entire 3-5 year hardware lifecycle.
- Created new standard procedures and improved existing SOPs to increase consistency and organization.
- Audited data center whitespace to maintain integrity of asset management databases and network diagrams.
- Performed Red Hat Enterprise Linux and IBM AIX Unix base operating system installation, Layer 2 server and switchport configuration. Troubleshot and resolved network connectivity issues to maintain system uptime.
- Used proprietary Confidential Terminal as ticketing system in conjunction with in-house software to monitor, report, and track operational issues. Documented troubleshooting efforts and solutions.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes