- Managed and maintained a complex server environment consisting of 3000 VMware servers in 365 nodes and 56 clusters.
- Serviced a user base of more than 20,000 local and remote individuals, plus external contractors. Managed server and server network upgrades in a challenging corporate environment with attention to timeliness and cost effectiveness at all times.
- Actively interfaced on a daily basis with project managers, applications programmers, and networking engineers.
- Solved technical, network, account, DNS, Active Directory and storage issues in response to SCCSM Help Desk work orders.
- Provisioned and deployed storage and server requests for thousands of projects, including sandboxed testing environments and lab configurations.
- Maintained AS/400 and Intel legacy systems and equipment for a diverse environment.
- Performed server and software troubleshooting, maintenance, virtualization design and deployment, and security enforcement.
- Provided around - the-clock emergency support for corporate and 69 remote retail locations in multiple countries.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- VMware ESX and ESXi
- Dell blade and rack-mount servers
- Cisco UCS blade servers
- VMWare vShield
- Retail kiosks
- VCE VBlock 300, 700, 720
- Printer servers
- Retail POS systems
- Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VNXE 3100 NFS storage systems
- VNXE 7500, storage systems
- UIM storage provisioning
- MDS9506 Cisco storage switches
- VMWare View administration
- NSX Firewall administration
- Vmware administration
- Upgraded the corporate VMware server farm from 3.5 to Enterprise 5.5.
- Saved thousands of dollars in hardware, cooling and power costs through the consolidation of hardware-based server farms to virtual server clusters.
- Achieved space savings in an over-utilized data center environment through blade server installations.
- Certificate of Achievement Maintaining Server 2003, 2008, 2012R2 Network Infrastructure
- Supported: VMWare View environments for over 1,200 users; over 3,000 Windows and Linux operating systems; 10 VNXE 3100 NFS storage units plus a VNXE 7500; MDS9506 switch configuration and maintenance; and supported four Virtual Center installations operating in linked mode.
- Multiple VCE VBlock implementation with 356 ESXI 5.5 hosts and over 4,600 virtual servers, including UIM provisioning for storage and NSX firewalls and vShield.
- Completed major overhaul of Point of Sale system overnight at 14 retail locations and support 69 retail stores running UCS blade server systems.