- Over 20 years PROGRESS 4GL Development and DBA versions 6 thru OpenEdge, MYSQL, SQL and ORACLE Database and development with use of COBOL, SQL, HTML
- Performed various integration projects using JAVA, EDI, XML, COBOL, RPG - II FORTRAN, SQL and C+
- Extensive work doing Development, Systems Admin & Analysis, Business Analysis and document design
- Development and implementation knowledge of General accounting and Manufacturing systems
- Project Leader and Senior mentor for several projects
- Worked as Project lead on work with overseas developers
- Knowledge of SDLC, PICCT and Project Management Procedures and Use Cases Concepts
Database: Progress all versions, Oracle 8i-9i, Sql, MySql DB2 DMS-II Total DB2 PowerBuilder
Languages: PROGRESS, COBOL, UNIX vi and scripts, XML, SQL Rpg-II, C, .NET CICS PowerBuilder
Packages: CMSI CREDITREVUE & CREDITCONNECT, Confidential -Mfg/Pro EB2 & SE Coins, SYMIX, Dispatch, Xponent, WDS Webspeed, Progress Smart Objects, Open Access Software, MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio, Access 97- 2003-2005 , Bugzilla, TKCVS, Crystal, Actuate, Gentran, Lotus Notes, PVCS, RoundTable, Trivoli, Jira error tracking, Enterprise Architect Software, Several Report Writers
Hardware: H-P, Sun, Burroughs, IBM, NCR, Distributed MS Servers with thin-client interfaces to UNIX and Linux
Developer, Sr. Systems Engineer
- Performed systems analysis and programmed, made modifications to new development for customer requirements to financial EAM and manufacturing ERP modules
- Wrote code enhancements to Work-Order, Inventory, Job-Cost, Gl, MRP, Production Control and new MPS module using OpenEdge Datasets for Progress versions 9 and 10.
- Wrote utilities to import and export data and to do mass initialization of new fields and tables.
- Worked with both CHUI GUI and .NET sides of the applications to enhance browsers and lookups for new fields and tables tor external customer.
- Using Progress, SQL and .net, performed QA testing on modifications of other developers.
Developer, Systems Analyst
- .System analysis and coded for user interface enhancements to Coins system
- Responsible for 40+ independent databases and integration of summary accounting info.
- Design and coding of various reports using Progress, SQL and Crystal Reports, HTML, XML, C+
- Provided DBA support for Coins OpenEdge Progress databases and SQL databases on UNIX servers with Citrix Interfaces,
- Sql & Progress scripting for batch processing of data transfers between the DG COBOL system, SQL database, Progress database, and Open Systems Financials.
- Participated in business meetings with customers to analyze the requirements, to define/understand and write project scoping documents for the GUI OpenEdge environment.
- Wrote and flowcharted COBOL system Information Systems Development documents.
- Defined and implemented database tables and entity changes. Maintenance of COBOL programs
- Wrote user documentation and initial QA test documents and scripts.
- Performed analysis and programming in Progress GUI, Webspeed and Character mode for the Order Entry, Inventory Costing, General Ledger, and Payroll Systems.
- Performed resolution of program problems and enhancements.
- Provided DBA support of databases with refresh and AI support for Production, QA, test, and development environments on multiple UNIX servers.
- Performed and documented procedures for database Dumps, Reloads, Reorg’s, Database Disaster Recovery, and Sarbanes-Oxley legal requirements.
- Provided end-user support for CMSI Creditrevue & CreditConnect databases in Progress versions- 6 thru 9.
- User-support and program & schema modification for Trader POWERBUILDER Database.
- Performed Project Management and systems analysis for new projects and upgrades to existing applications including data-mapping, ER design, task breakdown, scheduling and on-going reporting of project progress.
- Provided SDLC and PICCT documentation support. Defined, tested and documented SQL extracts for Data Mining. Coded Progress system interfaces to ORACLE 8i-9 databases using SQL, C+
- Provided user support for PROGRESS POWERBUILDER,, CRYSTAL, and ACTUATE reports from multiple UNIX servers with Mainframe interfaces & ftp support