Highly motivated, Versatile, Information Systems and Telecommunications professional. Strong technical knowledge of LAN/WAN technical support with CCNA and CCNP certifications progressed from Telecommunications PBX Service Technician to Network Operations & Network Engineering. Experience includes project management, network engineering, Level 2 & 3 NOC support, Network administration, Network design hardware and software support, Network and desktop applications support. Adept Confidential managing and executing concurrent projects with strong customer service focus implementing best practices and delivering projects on time and under budget constraints. Strong organization and leadership skills. Function effectively under pressure. Able to work effectively in a team environment or as an individual contributor. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Technical Expertise: Cisco Systems: System network configuration implementation and design with extensive experience on the following Cisco switching and routing platforms: Cisco Catalyst 1900, 2900, 3700, 4900, 6500 CATOS and IOS platforms. Cisco Routers ISR series 1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, Cisco 7200VXR 1008 ESR and 12406 GSR. Cisco CRS - 3 Carrier Routing System XRIOS platform. Configure BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, TE-Tunnels, IP Routing Protocols. APS Automatic Protection Switching Oc3 & Oc12 Sonet Ring interface configurations. MPLS Frame Relay, T1, T3, DS3, ATM/IMA, SONET and ISDN. Troubleshooting experience on Cisco Routers and Switches. Clear and effective documentation skills for network infrastructure. Network monitoring and troubleshooting experience. Strong interpersonal and customer communicating skills. Protocols: TCP/IP, SLIP, IPX, VRF, RIP, DHCP, SPX, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, MPLS, MLPPP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, Telnet, SSH Secure CRT. CDMA, TDM, IPSEC. Knowledge of VPN/RAS, PPP, POP, DHCP, PPPoE, PPPoA, and Internet services (DNS, TACACS, AAA Radius, LDAP), FTP, WINS, WEP and TKIP.
Software Application Experience: Cisco WAN Acceleration Manager WAE694 (Cisco WAAS) Cisco Works LMS, Visual Uptime Select 2.8 NMS, NetScout, Netcool, EnteraSys MatrixE7 Element manager, Cisco Call Manager 4.0, HP Open view 6.2, Lucent Technologies VitalSuite-VitalNet QIP, Solar Winds Network Performance Monitoring, Net Site Atlas Element Manager, Multi Tech VOIP Platform, Avaya ResQue, Remedy Ticketing System, IBM SNA DINET-VTAM, Cisco Network Assistant, Cisco WLSE Wireless LAN solution, Network General Sniffer Pro, Ethereal packet capture tool, MCI Event Monitor, MS Exchange 2010, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 7, XP, Microsoft SQL, Novell 4.11 McAfee/Symantec Antivirus, Symantec Ghost, VNC viewer, WireShark, Siemens Dematic Rapistan System, Pick2Voice Rapid Route systems Vocalec software.
Senior Cisco Network Engineer
- Responsible for supporting the performance, availability, and reliability of Confidential 's enterprise network, including designing and implementation of Cisco 4331, 2921, 2821, ISR routers and Cisco 2960, 3750, 3850, 4507, 4948 & 5k Nexus switches.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and maintain network infrastructure of internal and external environments; including Confidential & Confidential IDC data center maintaining routing and switching configuration network tasks.
- Analyzes network connectivity and utilization, network performance tuning.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and resolution troubleshooting the Confidential & Confidential AVPN MPLS network and CenturyLink ISP circuits.
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software IOS upgrades according to best practices, including routers, switches, wireless access-points and firewalls.
- Performs complex configuration changes to increase network coverage and capacity, Implement complex hardware upgrades to meet Confidential network requirements.
- Initiates support tasks for the business to provide network availability working with capacity planners.
Cisco Network Engineer
- Provide technical problem isolation and resolution monitoring the reliability of the core network infrastructure proactively preventing outages before they occur. Troubleshooting Confidential & Confidential AVPN MPLS network, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP routing engaging Confidential Business solutions teams for MRS and MIS router solutions during outages.
- Troubleshoot incidents and outages utilizing Solar winds Orion NPM network performance monitor managing network utilization and performance involving local ISP providers and Cisco TAC Technical Support when needed. Operate and maintain growth of the Hub and Spoke DMVPN network.
- Troubleshoot IPSec L2L and Remote Access IPSec VPN networks, including new company acquisition migrations, installs for the environmental services branch and plant sites.
- Design and implementation place circuit orders, perform circuit migrations and port speed upgrades.
- Operate and maintain the local area network routing and switching infrastructure, Cisco Nexus5k 2k 2248 Fabric Extenders for the VMware Server environment.
- CiscoASA5525 configure ISAKMP and IPSec tunneling for VPNs coordinate new VPN split tunnel configuration add network objects basic insid outside interface and Site - to Site VPN routing setup. Configure and monitor the security appliances using ASDM and performing software upgrades
- Cisco ASR1k Cisco 800 VPN routers, perform IOS upgrades and other maintenance activities communicating and coordinate maintenance downtime for end-of-life equipment initiatives and new deployments.
- Wi-Fi Maintain the corporate Wi-Fi wireless network utilizing Cisco (WLC) Wireless LAN Controller 5508 and 3602i AP lightweight access-points. Provide Wi-Fi solutions for branch locations utilizing CradlePoints for 4GLTE Wi-Fi Hot Spots in unserviceable areas that cannot provide DSL or Broadband services.
Cisco Network Engineer
- A Leading global research agency specializing in advertising, marketing communications, digital media and brand equity research operations company located in Lisle, Illinois.
- Provide Tier level 3 operational support demonstrated record of success in troubleshooting large complex MPLS networks, aided in designing layer 2 and 3 switched networks distribution and access layers. VPN Internet break-out GRE IPSEC tunnel design and EIGRP routing configuration for on-boarding of new operating companies.
- Increase efficiency and optimizing the access and utilization of shared information technologies on wide variety of information systems for Confidential and TNS an information technology entity that forms part of Kantar ITP and added value operating companies.
- Operate support and maintain the ITP core Lisle Data Center Systems for network infrastructure routing and switching, including Cisco routers - 1800, 2800, 3600, 7200, 7600, 10k, 12k platforms. Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches - Nexus 5k, Nexus 2k Cisco 3750, 3560, 2960, 4948, 4706 and 6509E platforms.
- Perform IOS upgrades on Cisco 6509e VSS switching platforms Supervisor 720-10GigEn core switches. Support and maintain Nexus NX-OS 5000, and 2000 FEX next generation series virtual switching platforms, configuration of new 10Gig VPC virtual port channels.
- Install new Cisco WAAS devices, experience with Cisco WAN acceleration manager WAE694 (Cisco WAAS). Cisco Wireless 802.11N Cisco Wireless LAN Controller administration, installation of new WiFi access points and monitoring of the wireless network health in WLC.
- Utilize network management tools- Solarwinds Orion Network Performance Monitoring and Network Management System for diagnosis & resolution of network issues and data collection for uptime of routers, switches, & other SNMP-enabled devices in Confidential network enterprise. InfoBlox integrated DNS, DHCP, IP Address Management (IPAM) and Network Change & Configuration Management (NCCM).
Cisco Core Network Engineer
Confidential, Schaumburg, Illinois
- Responsible for Day Time On - Call rotation on a 24x7 support role as well as maintaining the data network devices during maintenance window activities.
- Provided leadership to operations team in support and problem analysis functions.
- Plan, engineer, design, and implement a scalable data network, while overseeing contractor and vendor relations with the regions throughout Confidential Mobile Switching Centers.
- Primary engineer point of contact for overseeing electrical Data Services Network Engineer/ Network Operations Engineer Confidential Data Center Data Services/Core Network Engineering
- Implementation & Design Lead interaction with partner organizations/departments to engineer cross-functional solutions for our customer-servicing retail network infrastructure for evaluating new routing and switching platforms maintaining IOS upgrades including evaluating end-of-life platforms coordinating circuit upgrades MPLS migrations partnering with Confidential and Confidential providers which include redesigning the existing routing and switching platforms adding new Network modules HWIC, VWIC and Software IOS upgrades to support OSPF, BGP and IP CEF for MPLS.
- Project planning for new retail and kiosk store openings providing product/solutions for the Confidential IS department for inclusion in the Confidential customer-servicing 1xCDMA EVDO cellular network.
- System Support and Tier Level 3 Troubleshooting Nortel/Ericsson, Alcatel Lucent Network Elements for LTE, EVDO, 1xCDMA IP Backhaul, 1xRTT, and RNC. Lucent 7705, 7750SR & Cisco 12kGsr and 10kEsr (RANAGG) Radio Access Network Aggregate Routers. MLPPP bundle configurations multilink groups for the BTS Cell site turn-up T1 testing for DOMS (Cell Sites). Network Management Tools Designs effective test plans for customer-servicing infrastructure to monitor network performance testing back-up circuits.
- Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes. Participated in some process improvement initiatives, when applicable within the department.
- Developed documentation as it relates to the customer-servicing Retail EVDO, 1x CDMA LTE network infrastructure.
- Actively maintains knowledge of current technology for capacity planning improves network performance migrating to SONET Ring high-speed optical Oc3/Oc12/Oc48 and Ten Gigabit Ethernet service Confidential the core enterprise network. Upgraded Cisco 12406 GSR routers to support WAN growth designing and configuring shared port adapter port interfaces to support the new WAN technologies, keeping current up to date core network documentation and Visio network topology diagrams.
- Performs 24x7 advanced tier level two and three troubleshooting, including off - hour maintenance activities, problem resolution and on-call weekly rotation shared with Network Engineering teams.
- Works as a liaison with the Network Operation Center Team resolving LAN/WAN network outages and isolating application performance issues pertaining to the data center and customer edge LTE 1xCDMA EVDO Confidential Network.
- Identify configuration changes needed in the core, distribution and access layered networks of the customer-servicing infrastructure to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Makes recommendations and suggestion to the support teams to help improve the legacy and new Data Network infrastructure, to improve routing and switching methods.
- Analyzes LAN/WAN network & system response time using Netcool and Netscout NMS tools and determines if tuning recommendations are in order to help improve the over-all network performance in relation to slow network response issues that are reported or identified.
- Supports the customer-servicing business network infrastructure, Working as a liaison with multiple service providers trouble shooting Oc3, Oc12, DS3, T1 integrated access circuits, provides customer support for multiple Confidential retail stores tuning and troubleshooting routing protocols, OSPF, BGP, HSRP on 2800 series routers enterprise wide.
- Installation, support, and troubleshooting of advanced nationwide data network infrastructure (WAN and L AN) for 5th largest wireless 1xEvDo CDMA carrier.
- Performed Multiple network changes on a variety of Cisco equipment platforms in support of customer-facing projects and company initiatives while achieving project milestones on time and within budget constraints.
- Interface as second and third tier level of support for Network Operations Center for all routing and switching plantforms in the enterprise. contractors and cable vendor s installations and reviewing vendor quotes for scope of work with various projects involving network engineering team and vendors.
- Monitor and analyze network performance, capacity planning reviewing bandwidth utilization, etc. to identify and remediate congestion and other network issues before they impact stakeholders or customers.
- Recommended and enacted appropriate network enhancements migrating off of legacy DS3 circuits to Optical Sonet Ring, drafted documentation and procedures via Microsoft Visio.
- Provided mentoring and application-specific support (e.g. telephony, video/audio) to peers, teammates, NOC and RTC support staff, and others.