Network Administrator talented at resolving highly technical issues efficiently to maintain uptime and increase productivity levels. A team player who stays till the job is done to assure device functionality and company profitability.
LAN/WAN expertiseAdvanced knowledge of Networking
VPN configurationsAnalytical thinker
Cyber SecurityRemote access support
SonicWALL FirewallsWireless Configuration
Dell Force 10 & N Series SwitchesCisco Switches & Routers
Desktop SupportWindows Operating Systems
Confidential, Oakdale, NY
- Diagnosed and repaired SonicWALL Firewall software problems using advanced root - cause analysis.
- Reviewed packet captures for any networking device with unresolved abnormalities and problems using Wire Shark.
- Configured multiple Dell Force 10, N Series and Cisco switches with VLANS, port security, SNMP, layer 3 routing, trunking, and port channels.
- Assured all firewalls are on the most up to date firmware to provide most up to date features as well as security patches.
- Updated Dell Force 10 and N series switches with most up to date firmware to avoid or clear out bugs.
- Defined security requirements for networking equipment and performed hardening on all switches and firewalls.
- Communicated with vendors and negotiated cheapest pricing for replacing network infrastructure equipment.
- Upgraded and expanded network infrastructure to update company LAN/WAN connections.
- Added multiple access points throughout SCWA offices to provide guest, corporate, and mobile device networks.
- Aided SCWA mobile workforce project by working with Confidential and providing Confidential
- Private Network connectivity.
- Performed Water ISAC Cyber Security Assessment as well as designed Cyber Security response plan to meet with emergency response and NYS requirements.
- Utilized Solarwinds Network Management to monitor all devices and Configuration manager to assurance compliance in running & startup configs.
- Provide network & desktop support to SCWA employees through ticketing system, over the phone or onsite.
- Cleaned up all wiring closets, terminated cabling, as well as aided in all switching and server infrastructure installation.
Site Network Coordinator
Confidential, East Syracuse, NY
- Designed and implemented networks in collaboration with Confidential project engineers utilizing Cisco switches.
- Configured 23 Cisco I3000 routers in single vlan REP ring using L2 port channels for remote unit communication.
- Configured Cisco 3650 switches with VLANs, Spanning Tree, Layer 3 routing, ACL Stacking, trunking, PIM Sparse.
- Diagnosed network communication and software problems by reviewing device logs and assured proper failover requirements.
- Provided over the phone or onsite technical support for Confidential customers and engineers.
- Recreated customer issues within lab environment to provide troubleshooting and root - cause analysis.
- Documented all customer site configurations using Microsoft Visio, documented all cisco equipment within Cisco TAC.
Fiber Solutions Specialist
Confidential, East Syracuse, NY
- Achieved one of the highest first call resolution rates with no repeats within seven days with a minimum of three hundred calls.
- Handled over 30 incoming calls per day while hitting adherence to all Confidential call center metrics.
- Worked directly with network, field and switching technicians to achieve customer satisfaction with Confidential services.
- Performed initial client assessments to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve any customer issues related to voice, video, or data.
- Utilized Wi - Fi analyzer tools to check for wireless saturation and coverage to better suite customer demands.
- Made recommendations to management to provide better wireless solutions to customers in the form of coaxial range extenders by providing visual plan.
- Nominated by management to aid and train team of thirty new employees by floor walking during initial under live calling conditions.
Telecommunications Team Lead
Confidential, Lindenhurst, NY
- Implemented all Fortigate Firewall rules and policies for Zwanger Pesiri establishing over
- 20 site to site IPSEC VPNs and remote teleworker capabilities via SSL.
- Migrated Fortigate firewalls from standalone 100 series firewall to 300A series HA pair.
- Assured all firewall firmware was up to date while providing minimal downtime to organization and remote radiologists.
- Configured Dell and Cisco switches with Spanning Tree, port channels, trunking, Layer 3 routing with EIGRP, OSPF.
- Innovated new workstation imaging procedures utilizing Windows PE for migrating new workstations to Windows 7.
- Aided server administrator in creating users, groups, and file sharing folder permissions access.
- Monitored and managed Light Path & Light Tower Metro E connections.
- Setup and configured multiple Mitel phone extensions, voice mail, and ACD settings.
- Assisted in any network, telephony, server, or workstation infrastructure moves, adds changes.
- Updated process and software for Radiologist 3 & 5 megapixel monitor xcal calibration software.