- Confidential “Operational Excellence” award winning IT professional
- Proven professional with Confidential software defined data center design, build, and management experience.
- Ability to exceed corporate expectations in Confidential cloud design/build/operations.
- Enjoys reputation for designing creative solutions that supports exponential company growth.
- Experience in cloud architecture, systems design, systems integration, and application mapping.
- Experience designing and implementing complex, HA multi - tier, end-to-end solutions using a wide variety of private and public cloud offerings.
- Experience in app rationalization and designing right-sized infrastructure to meet capacity demands.
- Ability to develop high level and detailed design documents addressing the business, infrastructure, security, support and operational needs of the business.
- Experience in designing, building, and managing some of the world’s largest datacenters.
- Demonstrated capacity for problem solving, synthesis, and making sound recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including polished presentation skills with the ability to deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner.
CORE COMPETENCIES:Cloud Design
Next Gen. Data Center Design and Operations
IaaS / PaaS / SaaS Design
Software Defined Data CenterCloud Fabric Infrastructure Design Confidential Infrastructure Risk Assessments Cloud Orchestration & Automation
Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery Planning
Confidential, Atlanta, GACloud Architect
- Build Azure Cloud IaaS/PaaS POCs
- Migrate applications to AWS using CloudEndure
- Develop application and storage mappings for on-premise applications to cloud
- Guide customers through the cloud transformation process
- Develop customized complex multi-cloud architectural designs
Confidential, Herndon, VAVP of Data Center Operations
- Guide customers through the cloud design and application transformation process
- Built IaaS/PaaS POC for Confidential using Cisco UCS and VMware vCloud Suite 7
- Built IaaS/PaaS POC using Hitachi UCP and VMware vCloud Suite 7
- Develop logical and physical designs to meet the requirements for complex IaaS/PaaS cloud migrations.
- Developed cloud reference models for all major cloud service providers. Presented these solutions to customers and supported the sales team through the pre-sales process.
Confidential, Detroit, MIVP of Data Center Operations
- Developed a hybrid cloud IaaS/PaaS design to support a corporate wide initiative to separate the current infrastructure into 3 separate business entities.
- Normalized an application discovery (HP-UD), defined the virtual environment, and designed the logical and physical infrastructure footprint for each product group.
- Replaced an Confidential grid backup solution with a cloud backup solution at 75 Confidential mfg. sites.
- Developed a strategic infrastructure roadmap, incl. vision and strategy for the virtual and storage platforms to support a corporate wide initiative to consolidate infrastructure into a private cloud.
- Designed a Cisco UCS Private Cloud platform w/ VMware vSphere 5.5, Cisco 5108 chassis, Nexus 5000, Cisco 6296 FIs, and 2296 FEXs.to support a data center consolidation and centralization of over 2500 servers, and 2PB storage globally.
- Developed a tiered storage platform with a Hitachi VSP and an integrated NAS head that utilized 70 existing storage arrays, and vault technologies to drive down the overall storage costs.
- Developed a strategic infrastructure rationalization roadmap, incl. vision and strategy for the virtual and storage platforms to support a corporate wide initiative to drive down IT costsat 30 sites throughout the APAC region, encompassing 10 countries.
- Designed an IaaS / PaaS platform to accommodate the consolidation and centralization of over 725 applications, 1900 servers, and 2PB storage globally onto a Cisco UCS platform with Tier 1 storage on VCE Vblock 340 and Tier 2 storage on existing low-end storage arrays.
- Developed a Cisco UCS Configuration Guide and Run book for a financial institution data center migration that included an EMC VNX 5300 storage array, VMware vCenter 5.1, and Cisco unified fabric with 5108 chassis, Nexus 7000, Cisco 6296 FIs, and 2296 FEXs.
- Designed a Cisco UCS Hybrid Cloud platform w/ VMware vSphere 5.5, Cisco 5108 chassis, Nexus 5000, Cisco 6296 FIs, and 2296 FEXs.to support a data center consolidation and centralization of over 2500 servers, and 2PB storage globally.
- Created strategic infrastructure services plan and coached the Infrastructure Services team to support a corporate ITIL v.3 initiative and service based model to drive down operating costs
- Managed a team of Level 3 System Engineers to support a successful call center.
- Designed/built a Converged Infrastructure platform with a Cisco UCS utilizing 5108 chassis, B200 blades, and an VCE Vblock 340 storage array to accommodate the centralization of over 4000 servers, 2PB storage and Tier 2 storage on existing low-end storage arrays.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
VP of Data Center Operations
- Using the Agile Methodology, created a Data Center Academy that delivered training content to a staff of 135 across 10 markets.
- Improved overall equipment operations, datacenter reliability and job satisfaction through the Web based Data Center Academy program.
- Designed / Built a Cisco UCS platform utilizing 5108 chassis, B200 blades, and an EMC VNX5300 storage array to support end user customer requests for compute resources.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Executive Director of Data Center Operations
- Managed a high-performing team of 30 engineers that met service levels at a reasonable cost
- Using the Waterfall methodology, designed and implemented a hybrid cloud solution across five Confidential data centers to consolidate the Production infrastructure, cut costs, and improve agility.
- Designed and implemented a Hybrid Cloud solution in the US, London, and Singapore centers
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Designed, Built, and Managed the data center facility operations of one of the world’s largest data center in Chicago.
- Designed the 200MW West Des Moines, Iowa facility, which is a lights out data center that houses 1.25M servers in containers.
- Implementing a Confidential risk assessment model, drove SAS70 Type II and ISO27001 certifications for 17 data centers worldwide.
- Developed and implemented the required training at each data center to self-sustain the certification initiative as part of the modus operandi.
- Managed 5 Regional data centers, 12 Managers, and 38 support staff in the US & Puerto Rico.
- Designed the infrastructure plans and deployed over 40,000 physical servers in less than 8 months.
- Designed the infrastructure plans and deployed 17,000 Bing.Com servers in less than 8 weeks.
- Replaced the electrical feeders in a Confidential data center that housed 50,000 servers with zero downtime.
- Optimized the cooling system in the 240,000 sq.ft. facility by removing air dams and eliminating short cycling.
- Trained the Confidential data center managers in Asia, Europe, and the US on data center operation best practices and SAS70 governance.
Sr. Infrastructure Program Manager
- Designed and built call centers, data centers from the ground up. (PBR, ALD, BAE)
- Performed detailed hardware/software and facilities risk assessments.
- Rebuilt the data center and associated hardware/software while maintaining 100% uptime.
- Designed a water cooled rack solution for two data centers to increase the server capacity from 300 to 3200 in the same data center footprint.