- Perl Developer for Internet applications on UNIX and Microsoft Windows server environments
- UNIX System Administrator (HPUX, Linux, Internet application environments), shell, SQL, OOP
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Confidential, Worcester, MA
Perl Developer/UNIX System Administrator
- Designed and implemented programs to load data from Excel spreadsheets into a Mysql database for both capacity planning and warehouse inventory management applications
- Designed and implemented a program to determine network ownership of data nodes based on node names; initially implemented in Perl, then implemented as a Mysql stored procedure
- Environment was Linux, Docker, Workbench, GitLab with CI (continuous integration), automated testing, Mysql database, Perl, Bash
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Designed and implemented a perl Nagios plug - in to monitor fleet-vehicle communication to detect outages
- Designed and implemented a perl program to identify underutilized SIM cards in the fleet to provide significant cost savings
- Maintained perl code used as an interface to the customer facing (VOIP) Asterisk IVR and incorporated changes for enhancements and bug fixes
- Designed and implemented a bash shell script used to decouple the large IVR code base into its own file system (git repository)
- Environment was Linux, perl, Oracle sql, bash, cron, putty, vi(vim), git, fisheye, jira, Asterisk, Zoiper
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Designed and implemented Update Roomtype application to modify inventory changes throughout all domestic properties in order to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Application automated many functions that would otherwise require lengthy manual intervention.
- Creation of perl applications which made use of the proprietary CRS transactional API to manipulate the core CRS (Informix) database.
- Update Roomtype required complex data structures to handle the many varieties of data strings returned via the CRS API.
- Application core was a Class to manage these complex data structures, manipulate CRS DB, input and output to a reporting database, and error/audit logging.
- Evaluated the feasibility of new CRS application features and also fine-tuned the CRS infrastructure issues
- Environment was AIX Unix/Linux, perl, Sql Server(via dbi with Sybase and FreeTDS), Informix, ksh, Cron, putty, vi
Confidential, Andover, MA
- Converted legacy code(sql) from MS SQL Server to Oracle
- Applications written in perl on Windows platform with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
- Created numerous new programs per specifications provided. These programs generally took input from XML, spreadsheet or DB, then processed the data via some business rules and provided data output and messaging to XML, spreadsheet, DB, email and/or file system logs.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Supported Perl dbi/Oracle Web UI for customer account representatives
- Resolved reported bugs and coded for product enhancements
- Environment was Unix/Linux, Oracle SQL(some PL/SQL), perl Confidential, ClearCase
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Scripted ETL process control automation for Informatica and Netezza jobs using ksh,scripts following design specifications provided
- Coding and testing required proficiency with Unix ksh, sql, nzsql, db2, awk and sed
- Created perl utilities to help with Maestro config file updates and AIX file system tasks
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Designed and implemented a high profile, corporate-wide application based on Perl dbi/Oracle on Linux/Solaris servers
- Other tools frequently used included sqlplus, ksh and bash shell scripting, sftp, putty. Proficient with regular expressions.
- Installed and administered subversion (svn) for code development versioning management
- Maintained a C# webservice application which provided access to the OnGuard application
- Developed part of java application using RAD (Eclipse) and Maven (mvn)
Confidential, Andover, MA
- Redesigned existing manufacturing tool for current requirements
- Computer consolidation using VMware on Windows XP to guest host Red Hat Linux
- Upgraded tool with newer storage peripheral devices and medium
- Perl/ Confidential code was re-written to meet new product specifications
Confidential, Stamford, CT
UNIX Systems Administrator/Support Analyst
- Supported company-wide chat communications systems application and resolved end-user problems.
- Tested and implemented projects for upgrade and bug fix patches, created tools for reporting (DB queries with Toad, SQL Advantage, Perl DBI and custom Perl scripts).
- Sun Solaris servers, Perl backend utilities, Parlano chat software, database interfacing (Oracle, Sybase and LDAP), Apache, Tomcat, High Availability cluster management (Veritas based), UNIX shell scripting and SQL
Confidential, West Greenwich (Providence), RI
Perl Developer and Application Support Specialist
- Supported pMax environment comprised of Windows server/IIS, Active Perl, and XML configurations
- Created Perl tools for archive management of pMax files and folders
Confidential, Marlboro, MA
- Created new applications (and enhanced existing applications) on HPUX/Apache with the Perl programming language; a critical environment for the delivery of HP’s SBW (Sales-Builder for Windows) application, responsible for a significant percentage of Confidential gross sales
- E-business SME for complex HPTools environment (replication, authentication, ldap db, customized interface for each of the classifications of users).
- These external production servers have broader impact on the network by way of their interaction with staging environments, message servers, single sign-on requirements and corporate compliance specifications.