- I am seeking a challenging position that may utilize my extensive development and system administration knowledge.
- Oracle DB
- Shell scripting
- FLASH ActionScript.
- Windows 2008 server
- Google Analytics
- Netscape Enterprise Server.
- Manage PKI
- penssl penLDAP
- 389 DS
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. DevOps/SRE Engineer
- Work with various teams to build out new systems and production applications.
- Prepared and perform production releases.
- Wrote custom dashboard to monitor production services.
- Automate production deployment procedures for existing and new applications.
- Build, configure, and maintain new and existing data centers.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Systems configuration management via Puppet.
- Provide operational support including infrastructure planning, server builds, and maintenance.
- Built/administer Bitbucket server, migrate svn repositories to git.
- Provide system support for entire development team.
- Automate solutions for systems, services, applications.
- Work in containerizing (Docker) applications and rollout to production.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- SME on MPKI systems. Design architect, develop, and build Symantec MPKI system.
- Integrate Oracle DB, LDAP, Windows Active Directory with MPKI servers.
- Develop user/certificate management system
- Develop encrypted email alias system using x509 email certificates.
- Build new LDAP servers, build management tool for maintaining users.
- Manage systems using Puppet and Spacewalk. Build Puppet Master server and Client.
- Independent Consultant, San Jose, CAJanuary 2011 - February 2012
- Developed PHP code for data scraping and mining.
- Provided support, training, station setups, and administration for clinic.
- Opened a new small restaurant (seats about 50).
- Setup everything from landscaping, table layouts, kitchen appliances
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers for goods and services.
- Managed daily operations.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Senior PHP Developer
- Developed social networking applications for Facebook, Myspace, Friendster, and Orkut using LAMP based infrastructure.
- Setup Mysql servers including mirroring and backups.
- Developed and tested mobile WAP pages to work with iPhone, Blackberry, and other smart-phones.
- Setup monitoring and alert service to keep high traffic servers running.
- Used loadbalancing, CDN, and setup new S3 webservers to help maintain high level of performance.
- Created new and use opensource applications for website performance and traffic log.
- Worked with Confidential TV to create promo video site.
- Created various monitoring, reporting, tweaking tools for managing website content and users.
- Provided system administration support such as setting up backups, load balancing, configurations, optimizations, shell scripting, and other various maintenance.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
Senior Perl Programmer
- Developed DST (Daylight Savings Time) patch scripts and roll-back scripts.
- Install DST patch to over 400 Solaris and Linux systems globally.
- Perform QA for each system to ensure applications and systems function correctly after patch.
- Developed Perl applications for creating new server types requiring distributed and network programming knowledge.
- Debug web paging application for paging end-users with critical system messages.
- Technologies use include: Perl, Linux, Apache, Unix Shell scripting, MySQL, Oracle.
- Provide technology assessment and production planning recommendations to Cisco business groups for Oracle and Tibco’s BAM solutions.
- Evaluate scalable/reliable performance and infrastructure compatibility of Oracle’s and Tibco’s BAM (Business Activity Monitoring) solution for Cisco’s F2D POC (Proof of Concept).
- Build systems, install applications, develop test scripts using SOAtest, perform load testing, and document each vendor’s solution for POC.
Confidential, Newark, CA
- Developed web applications and e-commerce web site within a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) environment.
- Interact with banks to obtain required specifics to provide site with credit card, echeck, and ACH e-commerce capabilities.
- Created functional prototypes, style-sheets, coding conventions and toolkit for complete redesign of e-commerce site.
- Managed transfer of website from third-party vendor to in-house.
- Built foundation and architect for intranet and extranet web systems.
- Provided system administration duties including installations, backup, patching, qmail, performance monitoring/tuning, and more.
- Design LDAP schema and develop web application to provide directory service.