- Over eight (9) years of experience providing cost - effective, secure and highly available business solutions for enterprise customers.
- Extensive experience in AWS, DevOps, UNIX and Linux administration, Build Engineering and the release management process including end-to-end code configuration, building binaries and deployments of artifacts and the entire life cycle model in enterprise applications.
- Architecture experience in designing high availability solutions in Cloud infrastructure including AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in installation, configuration, support and management of Hadoop Clusters using Apache, Cloudera (CDH5, CDH4). Proficient with Hadoop eco system tools: Hive, HBASE, Sqoop, Oozie and Zookeeper
- Hands on experience with a broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, AutoScaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and CloudWatch with in-depth knowledge of other cloud services like Microsoft Azure and OpenStack.
- Experienced in architecting applications for Google Cloud with Kubernetes Container cluster manager.
- Experience with major big data technologies and frameworks including but not limited to Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, and Cassandra.
- Experience working with agile scrum software development methodology, in a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment for efficient software delivery solutions
- Expertize in configuration and automation using the leading tools in the industry such as Chef, Puppet, Salt and Ansible.
- Experienced in DevOps tools such as Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, Ansible, Docker, Maven and Splunk
- Experience with Docker clustering/orchestration tools (Swarm, Consul, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Integrated Jenkins with UDeploy and Created UDeploy Components, UDeploy process, installed UDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Experience working with methodologies such as Scrum/Agile/Kanban, Sprint planning and Waterfall
- Hands on administrative experience with the installation of packages and patches on UNIX and Windows servers
- Experience working with methodologies such as scrum/agile/Kanban, Sprint planning and Waterfall
- Managed and responded to the daily alerts from monitoring systems (SCOM, xMatters)
- Expert in UNIX shell scripting including ksh, bash, sh and knowledge of PERL scripting
- Experienced in installation, configuration and support of JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache Web server, WebSphere, LDAP and mail server
- Managed and dealt with system performance and monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti and GNOME
- Efficient in communication, documentation, problem identification/resolutions and a very good team player
- Provided on call support and around the clock service (24/7)
Operating Platforms: SUSE 9, 10, 11, Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Unix-Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10, 11 VMware ESX 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, Ubuntu 10.04/12.04 , Windows
Programming Languages: Perl and Ruby scripting, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, C, C++, Shell scripting - ksh, Bash and csh, Python, HTML
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN, Bitbucket.
Disk Management: Sun Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager, Veritas Volume Manager
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo
High Availability: Veritas Cluster Server 4.x, 5.x
File Systems: UFS, VxFS, Ext, Ext2, ext3, ext4, ZFS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, SNMP, Tivoli, Splunk
Cloud/Web/Application Servers: Amazon Web services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform(GCP), Open Stack, Web Logic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache HTTP Server, and Apache Tomcat
Cloud Infrastructure Architect/Engineer
Confidential, Miramar, FL
- Responsible for designing, building, and supporting advanced cloud automation workflows and tools used to support automated CI/CD pipeline application deployments into AWS using Jenkins, Artifactory, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Terraform.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, ELB, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling groups.
- Build and lead new Cloud Service team to architect and implement new public/hybrid/private cloud platforms.
- Develop Cloud reference architecture, governance policies, security models and best practices.
- Developed and maintained Cloud Formation scripts, automated the provisioning of AWS resources (IAM, EC2, S3, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling).
- Managed the Google G-Suite email infrastructure and provide technical solutions for email migrations.
- Experience in setting up security on AWS / Cloudera and AD connector / Directory Services / Kerberos for authentication.
- Deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Apex, Flink, Nifi, Storm and Kafka on AWS Cloud.
- Deploy microservices using Docker on AWS ECS. Install Docker Registry for upload and download of Docker images. Experience working on Docked-Compose and Docker-Machine.
- Deployed and running of Sparks on different cluster managers like Hadoop YARN, Apache Mesos or EC2.
Environment: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Mesos, Kafka, Splunk, Ansible, Puppet, Shell, Kubernetes, Apache, Python, DynaTrace.
Sr. AWS/ DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
- Responsible for creating tools to manage projects, continuous integration, deployment, sanity testing, stress and load testing, automation and provisioning of hardware and software
- Created instances in AWS and facilitated migration to AWS from data center
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Worked on writing terraform scripts to automate cloud provisioning in AWS.
- Maintained, executed and scheduled build scripts to automate DEV/QA/UAT builds
- Worked with the development teams to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using ANT scripts and Jenkins
- Utilized CHEF for configuration management of hosted instances in AWS
- Worked on Chef Cookbooks and Chef Recipes to automate infrastructure as a code
- Employed Git/GitHub, Chef, Jenkins, OpenStack, Balance, Node-Proxy, VMWare and Open Source software to build the automated testing and delivery pipelines
- Defined and implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure
- Coordinated/assisted developers with establishing and applying the appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) source control
- Implemented, maintained and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, shell and WLST/Python. Created and modified build configuration files including Ant’s build XML
- Implemented the DevOps environment using Chef for system configuration across environments
- Installed Splunk on UNIX and Splunk SOS for monitoring the health of the clusters
- Deployed and monitored the scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and configuration management using Chef and Ansible
- Connected continuous integration systems with the GIT version control repository and continually built as the check ins came from the developer
- Owned the full lifecycle of build system from analysis, development, implementation and support of builds, unit testing and deployments
- Interacted with the developers and enterprise configuration management teams for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks
- Coordinated with release management regarding the appropriate system releases among other development platforms
Environment: AWS, Docker, Splunk, Git/GitHub, Python, AWS GovCloud, Jenkins, VMware, Tomcat, Ansible, Shell, Perl, Nexus, Ant, SVN
Sr. DevOps/AWS Administrator
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Worked in an environment with Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and Elastic Cloud Computing, Simple Storage Services, Cloud Formation, Glacier, Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Lambda, Virtual Private Cloud, Load balancing, Relational Database Service and Cloud Watch
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF
- Created the UDeploy templates for components and applications, on boarded around 200 apps into UDeploy to achieve continuous integration
- Maintained high availability in the Hadoop Cluster environment
- Used Cloud Watch to create alarms, monitor and notifications in EC2 hosts
- Migrated present Linux environment to AWS/CentOS/RHEL by creating and executing a migration plan per the scheduled timeline
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet
- Worked with configuration management tools like Chef to implement/maintain Puppet manifests for configuring and automating the process of setting up tools/Libraries in Virtual machine server environment
- Setup the Maven remote internal secure repository with access restricted to team members
- Streamlined the build process for Fortify scan of codes from manual to automated mode by setting up Jenkins Automation environment, thus reducing manual error prone, build time with no logging in to the machine required
- Followed the agile methodology using RTC as a supporting tool
- Administered the Hudson/Jenkins CI servers, HP Quality Center, HP Fortify, build servers and code collaborators
- Developed shell script to list recent ‘n’ number of builds for all the components
- Installed and configured the Sonar server and client configured Jenkins jobs to run Sonar analysis jobs
- Worked closely with the development and operations teams to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using Chef
- Involved in meetings with the development managers to create, manage and maintain the SCM plan standards and procedures
- Administered Hudson/Jenkins CI servers, HP Quality Center, HP Fortify, Build servers and code collaborator
- Presented weekly system status reports and maintained documentation reports
Environment: AWS Cloud, Solaris, Apache, Hadoop, Apache Tomcat, LDOMs, UDeploy, SAN, NAS, Kickstart, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Blade Logic, Hudson, HP Quality Center, HP Fortify, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet