- Linux, Solaris and VMware Technology Professional having 7+ years of I.T. experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7, Solaris 8/9/10, ESXi 3/4/5/5.5 DevOps and SAN Storage
- Experience in RHEL provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Linux, Solaris and VMware environments.
- Experience in deploying and creating new RHEL VM guests with utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server as well as Customized ISO Images and templates
- Expert in Server Builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Red Hat Linux and VMware environments.
- Experience in working with various tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Top, Nmon and topas.
- Managed the use of disk space, memory, network segments & other communication devices.
- Created and Managed File Systems (CFS) for Oracle & Sybase data bases.
- Worked on weblogic and MQ series configuration and application deployments.
- Participated in Data center migration from one physical location to another and Physical to Virtual (P2V) server migration.
- Proven ability to automate server builds using kick start, management and configuration of system services using Puppet
- Maintained Puppet - based configuration management in operational and production environments
- Proven ability to automate server builds using kick start, management and configuration of system services using Puppet.
- Expert in load balancing techniques and knowledge of puppet tool.
- Build automatic provisioning system with Kickstart and Puppet
- Experience in implementing Kernel Based Virtualization (KVM).
- Experience in supporting and configuring LINUX servers running Hadoop
- Experience building Hadoop servers and configuring them as Kafka/Storm Nodes per the hadoop team requirement.
- Good knowledge of HP Openview, Service Now, JIRA, Remedy and Maximo
- Configured Kernel Parameters for application/databases to meet organizational needs.
- Working with the Operations team to develop policies and procedures to address network outages and infrastructure overload issues that cause high latency and drop in client connection success rates.
- Experience writing bash shell scripts to automate day to day tasks for monitoring and for any Red Hat Enterprise Servers Resource Allocation.
- Experience in Providing 24x7 On call Production Support
- Experience in implementation of FTP, NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP and SAMBA servers.
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5/6/7, SUSE 9/10/11, Solaris 8/9/10, Windows 2003/2008,CentOS, Windows
Virtualization/Automation: ESXi 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0. Solar Winds Suite, VCOPS, Jenkins, Chef
Storage: EMC Power Path, EMC Symmetrix, Hitachi, IBM arrays, Storage-TEK L700, Confidential Power Vault.
Cluster: Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Vmotion, Hadoop
Web Servers: Apache, JBoss4.0.x, Web Logic, Web Sphere, ATG, Java Web Server, Virtual Hosting, Tomcat, IIS 5.0/ 4.0, SAMBA v3.0, Drupe, Sendmail.
Database Servers: Oracle8i/9i, 10g, 11g, RAC, MS SQL
Network Services: SMTP, SNMP, SSL,DHCP, POP, HTTP, SMB, NIS, NIS+, NFS, SFTP, DNS, FTP/TFTP, LDAP, JDBC, ARP/RARP, SSH, TCP/IP, WEBSM, NAT, NTP, TELNET.
Hardware: HP BL 460, 620’s, 680, C7000. Sun T2’s/T3 Confidential Power Edge Servers,730 Confidential 2300, 2400, 2450,2850,2950,6300.
Scripting: Bash, KSH, CSH, Power CLI, Perl Scripting, Python, Ruby, PHP, Shell
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Linux/DevOps Administrator
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x,CentOS, which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Schedule, plan, and support code deployments from TEST environment to PROD environment.
- Perform Application Maintenance, Performance Tuning, Upgrades, OS Backups, Migrations, User Account Maintenance, Storage Management, Patch Management and all other daily system administration functions.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed Puppet for automated management of machine configurations.
- Build servers using Kick Start, Red Hat Satellite Server, Spacewalk, and vCenter, vSphere Client.
- Configured and supported MySQL databases, Apache Webserver, JBoss 6/7 Application Servers.
- Troubleshoot any performance or configuration issues/incidents with Apache Webservers and engaging Middleware teams to troubleshoot JVM issues.
- Utilized Jenkins to deploy and support Java based applications into the production environment.
- Responsible for Load balancing and Performance tuning for various JBoss 6/7 Instances.
- Installed packages, patches and SSL certificates on all web servers.
- Hardware licensing configurations to work with 3rd party vendors to ensure highest level of support.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with servers and Desktops.
- Worked with Red Hat Satellite Server to push changes across various servers simultaneously.
- Providing Production support on a 24x7 basis.
Confidential, Round Rock, TX
Linux / Solaris Administrator
- Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise 3/4/5/6, Solaris 9/10 and SUSE Enterprise Linux.
- Installing and configuring ESXi 4/5 using custom based ISO's and Virtual Media based installs on several hundred HP DL 580's, 380's, 980's, BL-460's, 620's, and 680’s as required for UAT/Production.
- Installation of ESXi 5.0 Hosts, vCenter Server, vCenter update manager and administering VM's across 6 Datacenters running 8000+ VM's.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM Servers/repositories), Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Specialized in automating tasks and process through scripts, implementing branching models, Implementing Build/Release solutions.
- Resolved and completed various maintenance tasks on UAT/Production servers and Apache software issues.
- Responsible for OS patching, security patching, firmware upgrade and all upgrades on Red Hat Linux servers using Satellite server.
- Troubleshooting Day - to-Day issues on various servers with different platforms.
- Configuration management withpuppet.
- Create puppet automation to manage configuration and deployment of new applications
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow bootstrap of instances to various roles
- Implementing & troubleshooting NFS in Prod/ QA/ Dev environment.
- Setup virtual host for new application setup and creating documents.
- Installed/setup and maintained Splunk app for various platform of Operating system.
- Experience in System Administration Driver Configuration.
- Involved in troubleshooting the performance issues related to web application running on virtual machines
Confidential, Livonia, MI
UNIX/ Linux Administrator
- Assisted in physically installing, racking and cabling new Linux/Solaris Hardware..
- Performed Server s consolidation and Virtualization using VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESX, Virtual Center.
- Provided support for JBoss 4.0.x and Apache, applications for operation related to installation and configuration.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with servers and Desktops
- Responsible for the implementation, administration and maintenance of Oracle Financials running on a Sun Solaris and a Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with servers and Desktops
- Creating Virtual switch and configuring Virtual switch settings and policies
- Involved in P2V, V2P Migration using Stand Alone VMware Converter Server and Plate Spin.
- Managing and implementing various projects with all phases of life cycle for virtualization.
- Utilized VMware Converter for Physical to Virtual/Virtual to Virtual conversion/Physical to Physical conversion.
- Installing Patches and Packages on RedHat Linux servers
- Applying software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current.
- Experience in analyzing logs, problem determination, and Recovery and restart.
- Configured SSH for secure telnet and FTP connections.
- Document installation procedures, changes required in present environment.
- Respond to emergency calls relating to server performance, diagnosis of problems, repairing problems or calling upon appropriate vendors to resolve the issue.
- Preparing monthly work status report.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Organized various meetings with teams as mentioned above for tracking their requirements as inputs to get this done and designed the plan/steps involved and took user approvals.