- Highly competent, dynamic and organized Professional with progressive experience in I.T. systems engineering, information technology security analysis, communication and system administration.
- A seasoned System Administrator with broad knowledge and technical skill regarding provision of high quality technical support, project management, troubleshooting as well as problem resolution.
- A versatile Professional possesses a high awareness of practical issues and trends, particularly regarding accessibility, usability and emerging technologies in the IT industry.
- Unique competency in translating business issues into systems solutions including opportunity identification, requirements development, delivery, support and analysis.
- A motivated individual Seeking Wintel System Engineer / Administrator position in this prestigious organization, where I can utilize my IT skills and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Solid understanding of Change, Problem and Incident Management
Technical Concepts: Data Center Operations, Entry Level Project Management (Requirement Gathering, Process Discovery), Team Lead Workflow
Operating Systems: VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper V Virtualization, All Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server Versions up to Current Server 2016 and Windows 10.
Hardware Systems: Intel and AMD Processors. Dell, IBM, HP Severs - Standalone / Blade
Tools: / Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Server Software (Exchange, Active Directory), TrendMicro Antivirus, Citrix XenSever 7.x., EMC Application Xtender, HP Software Suit (Service Manager, HP Business Service Automation, Open View, Acronis Backups 11.7 and 12.5 + Cloud, HP Output Explorer Manager, Ave Point SharePoint Migration DocAve, Ave Point Compliance GuardianHealth Care Specific: Cerner Millennium, Cerner ProVision Document Imaging (CPDI), Coldfeeds for EKG, ECHO, and ENDO, Kofax 10.0.2 - Scan / QC / Validation, Cerbatch, Kofax Import Connector, WQM, eSignature/CDI Transition, CCL and back-end tools (Monwait, Topas, SCP, QCP, quemon), Cerner Olympus, Cerner 724, Cerner Printing Cerner PowerChart Direct-scan, Cerner Multum, HP Output Manager / HPSM, HP Job Tracker, SofTek Panther
IT System Administrator
- Served as IT System Administrator for Confidential
- Supported Entire Enterprise Environment of 30+ Windows OS Servers build on HP Standalone Servers and HP Blade Servers, configured with iSCSI 1GB and 10GB data connections; along with servers build on Citrix Xen Virtual Servers platform.
- Setup and configured HP iLO Remote Access on all servers to ensure remote troubleshooting capabilities.
- Assisted Multiple Off-Site Setups/Deployment with Desktop/Laptop Deployments, Build and deploy of Ready-Online Domain Controllers
- Assisted in Complete DataCenter Migrations to different Geolocated Datacenters
- Performed Weekly/Monthly server maintenance involving server patching/software installations/failover testing of clustered servers/backup validation of primary sql server backups
- Technical Lead / Tech Project Support
- Upgrade of Acronis Backup Software from 11.7 to 12.5.
- Testing and Research of Storage Encryption for Computers and Endpoint Devices with Sophos Safeguard and Dell Encryption
- Enterprise setup and Deployment of TrendMicro Antivirus to Computer and Server environments
- Project Lead of company’s SharePoint 2008 and 2012 On-Premise environment to the off-premise Microsoft Office 365 Cloud via AvePoint DocAve
- Deployment of data compliance verification of SharePoint with Ave Point Compliance Guardian (CompGaurd)
- Lead redeployment of Remote Site’s Read-Only Domain Controllers build on Servers with a Citrix Xen Server installation to allow for a remote troubleshoot capabilities to reduce the across state travel to troubleshoot a server on site when Microsoft RDP was unavailable.
IT Systems Engineer
- Performed job duties completely remotely from a maintained home office, prioritizes work with no supervision
- Solid understanding of Change, Problem and Incident Management
- Solid understanding of configuration management
- Often acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more services provided
- Served as IT System Engineer for the Clinical Systems Core team supporting Medical Applications for Cerner Millennium for document imagery, data entry, medical device data capturing, and applications support within Citrix.
- Primarily supported Cerner’s Document Image solution.
- Rollout of multiple Kofax 10 and Cerner CPDI Service Servers configured on Window 2012. Configuration of Windows Server IIS, AD, DNS, Group Policy’s
- Supported Core Team Owned Windows Server environment of 60+ Servers
- Advance troubleshooting of Server and Solution issues along with small to large scale team support during downtime and outage incidents with third party vendor support.
- Responsible for Printer Queue Creation and Application Support with Cerner Applications and HP Software Suite.
- Successful creation of new procedure documentation or improved existing procedure documentation for team and customer procedures, including deliverable templates, email response templates, and suggestions to improve customer documentation to reflect current needs.
- Worked in requirement gathering workshops for Medical System or Application projects, rollouts and in designing process workflows, developing new or improving procedures, and creating time tables.
- Work cooperatively with project managers in System Engineer capacity system deployments, time tables, issue and risk mitigation.
- Technical Lead / Tech Project Support.
- Technical Roll-out Lead. Cerner 250+ Ambulatory build of Kofax Import Connector.
- Technical Roll-out Lead. Cerner 100+ Ambulatory build and roll-out of Cerner WQM.
- Assisted and Led Kofax 10 Server Infrastructure Build and Desktop Application Roll-out to 26 Hospitals.
- CPDI Build and Roll-out for Banner University Medical Center South and Banner University Medical Center Tucson.
- Assisted with Cerner Conversation from EPIC activates.
- Technical PM Lead of the rollout of Internet Explorer 11.
IT Systems Engineer
- Performed job duties completely remotely.
- Pioneered deployment of Enterprise-Wide / Environment-Wide mass server and software patching via HP Server Automation Tool.
- Took partial ownership of patch failures, troubleshoot patch issues best that was allowed and forwarded issues to Application Deployment Steam.
- Patching performed during production and after-hours work hours.
ConfidentialIT Systems Engineer
- Masterminded creation of new procedure documentation or improved existing procedure documentation for team and customer procedures, including deliverable templates, email response templates, and suggestions to improve customer documentation to reflect current needs.
- Provided high quality training to new hires on team, total 10 System Administrators in 2 years.
- Worked in requirement workshops in designing process workflow and in developing new procedures and creating time tables for completing initial compliance documentation on newly built servers and existing compliance document renewals for both Wintel and Linux/Unix Platforms.
- Distributed work assignments, tasks and service requests/incident tickets to team members based SLA expectations and current team member work bandwidth.
- Prepared excel status reports for weekly meetings with Confidential and Customer Management.
- Backed up team lead for Wintel and Linux/Unix Compliance Maintenance teams, taking up additional workload and duties as needed.
- Successfully created Master Procedure Documentation for daily SOP, procedure references, updates, and training material for new team members.
- Provided prompt, accurate, and respectful support to internal customers through employing a high degree of customer-service skills and technical expertise while ensuring customer satisfaction and meeting established Service Level Agreements.
- Ensured Team met contracted and verbally agreed Service Level Agreements with Customer.
- Influenced improvement of performance on the team and improved service providence resulted in constant new appraisal from the Customer’s Management.
- Competently performed job duties majority of the time remotely, with some time spent on-site.
- Performed critical server job monitoring.
- Performed after-hours monitoring.
- Worked with other Operations Monitoring teams and Application teams to monitoring jobs and remedy any issues.
- Performed after hours calling of team members to remedy job issues if needed or escalated issues depending on the severity of the issue.
- Successfully created the entire project’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the monitoring task.
- Performed initial operations monitoring discovery to create documentation used for the project’s SOP.
- Effectively monitored critical log files on Wintel and UNIX servers.
- Monitored for job alerts using HP Operations Manager / Open View.
- Monitored for email alerts relating to job issues or failures.
- Provided important advisement to project’s monitoring operations for schedule, testing, function.
- Provided prompt, accurate, and respectful support to internal customers through employing a high degree of customer-service skills and technical expertise while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Performed majority job duties remotely, with some of the time on-site office.
- Conducted full training for three Monitoring Administrators on documentation and procedures of the project.