- Over 7 years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in AWS, DevOps Build & Release management, RedHat Enterprise Linux Administration and Configuration.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile Process.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto - scaling of the instances.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Experience in setting up and building AWS infrastructure resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Groups and RDS.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems SVN (Subversion), GIT.
- Responsible to build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages such as Shell, Python and Ruby.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins and extensively worked for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Setting up build pipelines in Jenkins by using various plugins.
- Experienced on Setting up the SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Deployed applications using automation scripts.
- Extensively worked on creating the Docker file, building the Docker images and running the Docker containers.
- Created Docker files to automate the process of capturing and using the images.
- Involved in setting up deployments using Chef as a configuration management tool and managed in automating multiple servers.
- Knowledge and expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like chef server, workstations, Nodes, chef clients and various components like super market, kitchen etc.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure.
- Experience in configuring and deploying Java/J2EE applications into application serverslike Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Servers.
- Installed, configured and Managed Monitoring tools such as Splunk, Appdynamics.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Utilized Cloudwatch to monitor all AWS services to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, and Bash.
Operating Systems: RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS.
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible.
CI Tool: Jenkins.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Appdynamics, Cloud watch.
Web & Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere.
Version Control Systems: Git, Subversion (SVN).
Virtualization: VMware,Amazon Web Service (AWS).
Bug Reporting Tools: Jira.
- Involved in migrating and managing multiple applications from On premises to AWS Cloud.
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, RDS, Route 53.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services inAWScloud.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), to avoid single point of failure applications, thus providing high availability and network load balancing.
- Experience in configuring Amazon EC2 instances and launching the new instances with same configuration by using AMI’s (Amazon Machine Images).
- Managed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins which automates the Jenkins master- slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Experienced in using AWS Elastic Beanstalk which is an easy-to-use service for deploying and scaling web applications.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI/CD pipeline.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins.
- Creating a fully automated Build and Deployment Platform by coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Experience with container based deployments usingDocker, working withDockerimages and Dockerhub.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat environment.
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring and Log Tracing.
- Experience in using Splunk for Log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting the build issues and ultimately solving them.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and release team.
Environment: Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Ruby, AWS, CloudFormation templates, Splunk, Linux, Apache Tomcat, RHEL, GIT, JIRA.
- Responsible in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Experience in launching EC2 Linux instances using AMI and installing, configuring Apache HTTP Server and Apache Tomcat in highly available and scalable environment.
- Hands on experience in setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket to ensure fault tolerance and high availability.
- Experience working with log monitoring tool ELK Stack (Elastic search).
- Improved infrastructure design and approaches of different projects in thecloudplatform Amazon Web Services (AWS) by configuring the Security Groups, Elastic IP's.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) with Auto scaling and automated the process using Python and Shell script to handle high traffic loads.
- CreatedCloudwatch alerts to monitor the instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline involving Jenkins and GIT to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Performed the automation using Ansible Configuration management tool.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Performed periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside in all the environments.
- Experience in using monitoring tool like Appdynamics which provides the metrics of the server.
- Managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of amazon instances using Amazon Cloud Watch.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Maven, Python and Shell Scripting, Ansible, AWS, Appdynamics, Cloudwatch
Build & Release Engineer
- Expertise in setting up the Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on pulling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git.
- Responsible in Continuous integration system with GIT version control repository for the build process, whenever check-in's come from the developer.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree& Stash.
- Involved in Migration from Git to SVN.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging and merging.
- Extensive experience using Maven and Ant as aBuildTool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & jar) from source code.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Good experience with Mavenbuild process and repository managers like Nexus.
- Extensively involved in running build jobs and integration tests on Jenkins Master/Slave configuration.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24hours.
- Experienced on Configuring the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple Chef Work stations and Developing Cookbooks for automating deployments.
- Wrote recipes to configure chef nodes.
- Launching Amazon EC2Instances and configured launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Created S3 buckets and configured the bucket policies to control the access of buckets.
- Installed and configured Apache Web Server and Apache Tomcat.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Worked on reliability, manage liability and performance improvements forLinuxenterprises.
- Experience in Package management using YUM and UP2DATE in Red HatLinux.
- Worked on configuring theLinuxmachines through Kickstart (Red HatLinux) program for Host and Network based Installations.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins,Maven, Ant, Shell (bash), Linux, Apache Tomcat, Linux(RHEL),Chef, AWS.