- Experience in creating company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- Overall 7+ years of professional experience as System Administrator/ Engineer incorporating administration, implementation and application - product support under RHEL 5.X/6.x/7.x, Sun Solaris (9/10/11), Windows server, AIX, DevOps &AWS cloud.
- Experience in virtualization technologies like, VMware infrastructure, including hosts ESX/ESXi 5.x, 6.x, and vCenter, vSphere 5.x and associated VMware products. Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the VM’s on VMware vSphere.
- Skilled in installing, patching, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and 7.x using Red Hat Satellite servers.
- Troubleshoot basis network issues with Solaris 10, Centos 6.4 and RHEL7
- Experienced in maintenance of source code repositories management systems, such as Bitbucket, and IBM ClearCase applications.
- Expertise in deploying various Red Hat Enterprise Linux/SUSE Linux builds both Physical and Virtual on HP/CISCO/IBM/Dell Hardware running ESXi.
- Experience working on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation AWS Config, Autoscalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3.
- Setup monitoring and alerting mechanisms for AWS and private data center infrastructure.
- Experience in writing Chef cookbooks to automate our build/deployment process to improve the infrastructure scalability performance.
- Experience on Performance tuning of Linux machines in the environment by kernel parameter tuning, identifying process that hog the system resources and containing them.
- Experience in customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate server builds
- Experience in Installing, configuring/administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines and adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Excellent understanding and hand-on expertise in creating new Custom resources in Kubernetes
- Adding servers to the domain and monitoring them using Nagios.
- Logging experience - (Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana) ELK Stack
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clearcase.
- Actively worked on Docker and deploying and maintaining Micro services in Dev & QA environment.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS,NTP, SMTP,NIS, LDAP,ICMP and Samba Web servers on Sun Solaris, and Red Hat Linux platforms
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like Github, SVN.
- Expert in Server Builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Red Hat Linux and Vmware environments.
- Experience in building datacenters including DEV, test, production and DR facilities in different areas with Vmware, SRM, and Red Hat Cluster Suites.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 7,8,9 & 10 Linux (Red Hat 3.x,4.x,5.x,6.x,7.x SUSE 10), HPUX 10.20,11.20,AIX, Windows,Vmware ESX 2.x,3.x
DevOps/Cloud: AWS, Puppet, CHEF, JENKINS, GIT,SVN, MAVEN, ANT, NEXUS
Tools: Solstice Disk Suite, VERITAS Volume Manager,Open Migrator,Rsync, VERITAS Net backup 5.1, TSM 5.5, Cluster server 3.5 & 4.1, Sun Cluster 2.x & 3.x,Nagios
RDBMS: Sybase, Oracle Oracle 7.x/8.0/9i, MySQL
Networks: NIS, NFS & DNS and Firewalls
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SFTP, SCP, SSL, ARP, DHCP, TFTP, RARP, PPP and POP3
Storages: Sun StorageTek Arrays, Hitachi, EMC CLARiiON
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
- Worked on Installation, configuration and upgrade of Apache, JBOSS, and Web sphere, MQSeries, Oracle & IBM Databases on the RHEL and through Puppet.
- Experience in vSphere ESXi 5.x, 6.x host and creating and managing VM’s on VMware VCenter.
- Worked on Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Created and maintained 1000+ Linux Servers and 500+ AIX servers.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Experienced in installing and configured open source tools like Nagios, OSSEC, Splunk for server monitoring and infrastructure monitoring.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Initiated and troubleshooted Continuous Delivery builds in Jenkins via JIRA tickets
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Launched and configured AmazonEC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux) and configured servers for specific applications.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Puppet extensively to configure servers with Users, Keys and security configurations
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and Docker to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) with the use of Puppet for deploying and managing Java applications on Linux servers.
- Provided L2 level support for RHEL 7.0, & VMware tickets.
- Wrote Puppet Modules and manifests for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize product configuration.
- Combined Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation to automate the deployment using JSON framework.
- Experience working onDockerhub, creatingDockerimages and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration
- Managed NAS storage for user’s home directory using Puppet to deploy NAS server configurations.
- Built a completely automated and secure deployment of two factor authentication OpenVPN for customer's and administrators to login to the environment using Puppet modules for VPN.
- Used Jenkins to create a build job that spawns the Cloud Formation stack using Jenkins-Cloud Formation-Plugin.
- Managed and maintained end-to-end Pipeline with help of Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2, Ansible, AWS, Cloud Formation and Jenkins.
- Deployed Java applications/Web-services using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Puppet in standalone and clustered environments.
- Worked on the GIT branching for applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of applications.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using AmazonEC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Created Reports, Pivots, alerts, advance Splunk search and Visualization in Splunk enterprise.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 6.x, 7.x, CentOS, Ubuntu 13.04, 16.04, VMware 5.x, 6.x, Nagios, VERITAS NetBackup, Korn Shell, Puppet, Docker, Scripting, web servers, Active Directory, AWS, Jenkins, Git, SVN, Web services, Splunk, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, WebLogic server, Vmware Infrastructure 4/5, MySQL.
- Created Dev, Staging and Production environment on AWS and managed AWS environment including creating new instances.
- Worked on AWS service to create, launch, configure EC2 instance, worked on S3, RDS, Auto Scaling, SES, SQS, VPC, to build given architectures.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Implemented Puppet for Package and configuration management.
- Experienced building infrastructure using Puppet automation, and install SSL certs through secure https port on Red hat Linux servers
- Deployed and Supported Development infrastructure to include, Ansible, MySQL, Jenkins, GIT and ELK Stacks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline withDocker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS.
- Provisioned AWS S3 buckets for backup of the application and sync this contents with remaining s3 backups, by creating entry for AWS S3 SYNC in crontab.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Worked on Repository management through GIT and SVN
- Worked on configuring DHCP server and Managed LVM on Red hat Servers.
- Implemented and maintained Puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings spanning several environments in the AWS cloud.
- Kubernetes 1.9.0 was used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, management of Docker Containers.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions
- Used Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Performed tape backups, archiving through shell/python scripts and job automation.
- Migrated all build jobs from Hudson to Jenkins.
- Maintained legacy ANT build files, store them in NEXUS web server for backup.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
- Installed RHEL 5.0/6.0/7.0 using Kick start and custom building the servers per SOW.
- Experience in RHEL 6.0/7.0 provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Linux, and VMware environments.
- Installed, configured VMs on Vmware5, vSphere5.0, migrated VMs across ESX hosts.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Nagios on Linux, Solaris clients.
- Created LVMs on the Linux servers for disk management and configuration of email protocols like sendmail and postfix.
- Worked on Setup of all networking services and protocols on Solaris, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, TCP/IP applications.
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers (HP ProLiant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series), HP-UX, AIX Solaris 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.3, 6.1, Puppet, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, SAN (NetApp), Blade Logic, Shell programming, GIT, SVN, JBoss, VMware Virtual Client 5.1, VMware Infrastructure 5.1.