- 8 years of IT industry experience as a System Administrator managing RedHatLinux(RHEL) 4/5/6/7, Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012, VMware 4/5/6 environment.
- Regular work involving building new Linux Physical and Virtual servers using kickstart and PXE.
- Strong knowledge of large - scale Linux deployment methodologies, kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Resolving system Hardware and software errors and crashes, huge file sizes, file system full errors.
- Managed packages using RPM/YUM on RedhatLinuxand maintaining patching on Solaris servers.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration and file system management through VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS File System, Solstice Disk Suite and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) with multiple RAID Levels.
- Problem determination and troubleshooting, Security using SSH.
- Configure and manage Middleware and web tools such as Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss.
- Installed and configured the Samba Server and Apache Web Server.
- Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, ftp, SSH, rlogin
- Experience in Implementing and Supporting High Availability Cluster environments using Veritas Cluster andLinuxCluster services.
- Experiences in Server build using Kickstart, Jumpstart, NIM and Ignite Process.
- Proficiency inVMWare. Installation and monitoring Virtual environments with ESX 4.x/5.x Servers and Virtual Center.
- Creating and Managing user accounts, system security, performance tuning, change management, Documents and procedures.
- Experience in compiling and tuning theLinuxKernel on database servers.
- Worked on Solaris to RedhatLinuxserver’s migration for various web, application, dns, mail and database servers.
- Developed scripts on Korn, C Shell Scripting, SED, and AWK for managing basic administration tasks.
- Experience in configuration management tool Puppet and Chef.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle server/client with backup and exp/imp dumps.
- Excellent skills in analyzing, designing, implementing and system integration, Knowledge on Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Intranet.
- Resolving system errors and crashes, huge file sizes, file system full errors.
- Worked with Ansibleplaybooks forvirtual and physical instanceprovisioning, configuration management, patchingand software deployment.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Worked in infrastructure team on installation, configuration and administration of CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Linux 8/9, RHEL 5.x/6.x/7, Red Hat Satellite 6, Windows Server 2008-R2/2012-R2 and SUSE Linux 10.x/11.
- Experience in Package Management using Red Hat RPM/YUM and Red Hat Satellite server.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoringand Fine-tuning on UNIX Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Extensively worked With VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SAN Datastores with, iSCSI, NFS & FC.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache.
- Developed shell scripts (Korn, C Shell), Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, PERL and Java Script.
- Experience in installing, maintaining and managing various rack mounted and Blade servers from Dell, HP, and IBM.
- Administering Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 2000 and NT Server Environments, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware ESXi 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, vCenter 4.0 Servers and also patching, management and troubleshooting of VMware, and ESX Servers and also install, configure and troubleshoot wintel and windows server domain.
- Implemented Rapid VM deployment preparing templates, cloning and exporting VM to OVF format.
- Worked extensively on Templates/Clones/Snapshots & Resource pools
- P2V and V2V migrations using tools likeVMwareconverter /Plate spin/Double Take.
- Worked on VMFS Data store, Host profiles, Storage profiles, Resource Management and Performance Monitoring.
- Configured scheduled tasks, alarms and alerts, CPU, Memory and Network Disk monitoring in VCenter.
- Done Patch Management of hosts and VM’s usingVMwareVCenter Update Manager.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Ansible, and Puppet supporting Chef Environment and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Extensively worked on Chef Roles, Cookbooks, Recipes, Templates, Resources, Attributes & Data bags. Proficient in the setup of Chef servers, workstations & bootstrapping infrastructure Chef nodes for configuration management.
- Extensively worked on Ansible Playbooks, Inventory files, Vault feature to configure the servers, deploy software, encryption of data file & orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates. Worked on Ansible Tower which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, & role-based access control.
- Experience in Backup Tools like NetBackup, Veeam Backup and Replication Suite.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programing for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Implemented Puppet agent based & agentless configurations, Puppet dashboards, MCollective with active MQ server, plugin-sync, stored configs, Hiera, Facter and wrote Puppet manifests.
- Good Understanding and implementation experience of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, automation programmatically by creating Jenkins jobs and pipelines and solving various problems with ANT, Maven, and Gradle as plugins.
- Extensively Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), and good understanding of other tools like Bitbucket, Perforce, TFS and IBM Bluemix.
- Worked with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools like AppDynamics for monitoring JAVA, .NET and PHP applications along with New Relic for monitoring performance like browser and for tracking issues in SQL statements.
- Strong experience in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and hands-on experience with other build tools like MSBuild Makefile.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure, OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXI, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacenter Virtualization, Power VM, Virtual Box, Citrix Xen, KVM.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE LINUX, UNIX, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000/2003/XP/vista/7/8/10, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Sun Solaris 8/9/10/11, HPUX 10.x/11.x
Automation/configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), WebSphere Apache 1.3.x, Apache 2.0.x, and ngnix, IIS
Database Technologies: DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, NoSQL- MongoDB, Cassandra DB, DynamoDB
Scripting languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, HTML5, PHP, Bash/shell Scripting, PowerShell Scripting YAML, JSON.
Networking/Protocol: FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers, Juniper Routers
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN (Subversion), CVS
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
- Configured System imager for Linux Servers and used it for Cloning, software distribution and OS updates.
- Adding/expanding new storage to existing/new systems using LVM, VERITAS Volume management VXVM and Vxfs on Linux/SUN servers.
- Worked on Solaris servers supporting all the OS administration, application and hardware issues.
- Very good working experience on Redhat Satellite Server upgrading and patching.
- Implemented upgrade of servers using Redhat Satellite Server.
- Documenting and supporting high availability, data replication, business persistence, fail-over, fail-back using VERITAS Cluster Server in SAN environment Setup NFS file systems and shared them to clients.
- Configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with java, PHP, Node.Js, Python, Ruby and Docker on server such as Apache.
- Experienced in hardware configuration of HP and Dell hardware and deployed RHEL 7.x/6.x/5.x using customized kickstart profiles via load tools such as Foreman, Satellite server.
- Setup new repos and channels on satellite server
- Updating RHEL servers, applying security patches using satellite server
- Setup GIT versioning control system to maintain centralized code repos for various Fmanagement tools such as puppet, ansible, etc.
- Working with Ansible to run adhoc commands, writing playbooks for configuration management, software deployments, security setup
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Maintained and developed docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written java services, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Migrated .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Developed web service using Windows Communication Foundation and to receive and process XML files and deploy on Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
- Design and implement asynchronous processes for delivery XML files (invoices) to Tax Authority. These processes were connected using Azure Queues to communicates each other.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF and Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed and maintained the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems using GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Nagios and Chef.
- Scheduling of automatic repetitive Jobs, and Shell Scripts with Crontab.
- Monitoring Virtual memory, Swap management, and Disk and CPU utilization by using various monitoring tools.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Redhat Linux using kickstart and puppet.
- Used puppet for central management of Linux configuration files and software package management.
- Installed Red Hat Linux on Intel Machines, Configured File Systems and Raw - Devices
- Work closely with Storage and Network teams to ensure highest level of dependability across VMware infrastructure
- Troubleshooting Issues related to ESX host, vCenter, HA (High Availability), DRS, and VMware Update Manager.
- Disk space increase using VMware converter and importing of virtual server using VMware Converter.
- Involved in replacing existing manual deployment and management processes with AWS OpsWorks which uses CHEF to automate how servers are configured, deployed, and managed across AWS EC2 instances.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of Chef cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Integrated source control and versioning of cookbooks and recipes by using GIT.
- Evaluated Chef framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Worked with Chef to all servers and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups.
- Used Terraform Interface between Jenkins and AWS to implement auto scaling, cloud watch in Jenkins.
- Installed and used Chef Enterprise Server on premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like OpsWorks - Chef to provision Amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Managing the ESXi servers using the Vsphere client and Vcenter for managing the multiple ESXi servers
- Building the Red hat Linux server in Vmware ESX client through Vsphere client
- Storage mapping on Red hat linux and create the Volume group, Filesystems using Logical Volume manager
- Installed/Configured Redhat Linux cluster & Configuring the cluster resources
- Adding storage to the cluster disks and increasing/ decreasing the filesystem in RHEL.
- Creation of Fence devices in the cluster, Failover domains for the cluster and Flipover/ Failover test in between the nodes in the cluster
- Working on SAN storage on ESXI servers and assigning the LUNs to the Virtual Machines running on the ESXi server
- Maintained Chef and Ansible servers and managed application that can use ServiceNow data to bring computers into the desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines using Ruby and Python scripts.
- Created customized Docker images and Installed Docker-Registry for upload and download of Docker images, worked on Docker-Compose,Docker-Swarm.
- Worked with CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Experience in setting up the pipeline as a code, between Git (Hub/Lab) to Jenkins to Artifactory to XL Deploy.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of RHEL 6.x, 7.x, VMware 4.x, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, windows 2008 R2, 2012 operating systems.
- Built, configured and administered Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet. Installed, configured, and supported Puppet to create and enforce standardization across environments.
- Worked on Management of Puppet automation tool including installation of Puppet agent on client.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating on custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Configured Puppet Server for monitoring and installing Puppet Agents in multiple Perform automated user management, installation and configuration of numerous services and backup-using Puppet.
- Installed, Configured Red Hat 5.X, 6.X Server on HP and Dell Hardware with help of Opsware.
- Management of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Configured Power Path for SAN devices and Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Managed user and database on the MySQL database granting distinct levels of permissions.
- Install/configure/maintain the Linux servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Send mail, apache, ftp, sshd.
- Extensively involved in writing scripts on Bash, Shell and Ruby and Installing and configurating of Web Apache Server.
- Monitoring of the system using Nagios and worked on installation or update of patch software’s, firmware, and security patches for all applications in installed infrastructure via RedHat network.
- Expertise in Global File System (GFS), Creating, configuring and managing clusters in RedhatLinuxServers using GFS.
- RPM package administration using RPM Build.
- Worked with automation using ansible on production servers.
- Configured and managed Red hat satellite Network server, performing package management tasks and errata updates.
- Administrated server consolidation program through use of VMware ESX server and VMware Virtual Center, using Virtual Center, ESX, creating VMs, using/building VM templates and customization files, and scheduling tasks.
- Installed VMware ESX server 5.0/5.1 and created virtual machines on ESX Servers.
- Configuring HA/DRS related advanced configuration settings per VMware Best practices
- Configuring VMFS based storage in virtual center.
- Installation and Configuration vCenter HeartBeat for vCenter failover and FailBack Purpose.
- Huge P2V Experience usingVMwareconverter running different applications with Different Hardware.
- Migration and P2V conversion Experience on many applications like SQL Server, Exchange running on Windows and some applications running on Linux Redhat and SUSE and VMkernel Linux appliances.
- Experience on Host Profiles, Distributed Switch, DRS, VMotion, SV-Motion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions, Templates, and many more.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstat on servers and also logged to cacti monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Pushed RPM’s across the Linux farm with the help of BigFix and Rebuild corrupted RPM and LDAP database.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on Red HatLinux servers.
- Limited user access and limits with specified sudo rules and limits for generic application accounts.
- Installed, Configured and managed ESX VM’s guests with virtual center and VI client.
- Intensely worked with backup team to configure DataProtector on client servers and cell manager servers.
- Building Windows 2008 Servers and upgrading Windows 2003 on both physical and virtual machines.
- Installing and configuring theVMwareVSphere and creating clusters for High Availability (HA) and Dynamic Resource Scheduling (DRS).
- Building VM’s and new Templates for new Projects and allocating them to appropriate Resource pools.
- Administering Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and building new windows physical/virtual servers as per the requirement of the project.Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, ELB, EBS Etc.
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks. Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
- Process monitoring and debugging using tool such as Nagios.
- Hands on experience in using Python and all related libraries and with Py-Unit (Python Unit Testing Framework).
- Analyzed functional requirements and documented the user specifications and business rules.
- Provide CM and Build support for applications, built and deployed to lower and higher environments.
- Deployed Chef, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to infrastructure.
- Worked together with developers to establish and apply appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintain build related scripts developed in ANT, shell and Python.
Linux/UNIX/VMware System Administrator
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of RedhatLinux3/4/5, AIX 5.3, VMware 4/5 operating systems.
- Configured and installed RedhatLinuxServers using jumpstart, Ignite, and Kickstart.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes and disk mirroring in HP-UX, AIX andLinux.
- Worked on installing and configuringVMware/ESX Servers for virtualizations.
- Configured LinuxBonding. Worked on Storage multipathing.
- Responsible for writing, maintaining and documenting UNIX scripts to support smooth running of applications on the production servers.
- Supported Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) Servers running onLinuxwith GFS
- Create automated Jumpstart environment for linux standard builds for WEB, APP and DB servers.
- Extensively involved in troubleshooting bottlenecks of Memory, CPU, Devices and Network using ps, vmstat, iostat, netstat, sar, snoop, nfsstat and sar commands, tuning the performance.Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red HatLinux.
- Developed technical documents like handbooks, document installation configurations, and proposed resolutions for support processes.
- Provide technical assistance to the application development area and co-workers about system analysis, design and programming.
- Worked on HP Open View Service Desk (OVSD) tickets.
- Planning to upgrade the vSphere 5.5 environment to 6.0 soon with two external PSC’s in the new environment
- Created a design document on what roles and permissions need to be created for users in the new vSphere 6.0 environment
- Raised tickets for any issues discovered during validation.
- Installing and Managing ESX and ESXi Servers on HP & Cisco hardware.
- Timely update of patches, drivers and firmware's on all ESXi hosts.
- Administration ofVMwareESX and ESXi Servers on Cisco UCS, HP Chassis 7000, DL380P GN8.
- Working on updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines usingVMwareUpdate manager and manual upgrades.
- Performing VMotion and storage VMotions, Creating Clusters for High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling, HA, DRS.
- Played a vital role in Creating Virtual Machines, Cloning virtual machines, converting P2V(used standardVMwareconverter tool), VM-Provisioning (Linked clones, thin disks, de-duplication ) taking Snapshots of virtual servers.
- Experience on creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in aVMwareclusters.
- Experience in installing and configuring Microsoft Windows 2008 Servers from ILO management tool on Rack servers and blades.
- Experience with vSphere Host Profiles, Standard and Distributed Switches setup.
- LUN creation and storage mapping administration and configuring Multipathing.
- Build, configure and deploy Microsoft Windows 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012 Virtual and Physical servers using Blade logic and MDT.
- Deployed Chef Dashboard for configuration management to infrastructure.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers usingKickstartserver as required for the project.
- Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical server. Monitored the server and application using Nagios, and Splunk.
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails and text messages. Wrote Unit test cases for unit, integration, and functional tests, run automatically by Hudson/Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to GIT.
- Automate the code review process and published the results onJenkinsas well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.