- Overall 6+ years of experience in installation, configuration and management of services in Linux environment. Automation of configuration management tools, build tools following Agile methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which include monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance in a cloud and the DevOps Environment with Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery process (CI/CD).
- Expert in build and configuration management tools Jenkins, ANT, Gradle, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Maven, Nexus.
- Worked on AWS cloud platform like the VPC, IG, Subnet, NACL, SG, EC2 Instances, NAT, Elastic IP’s, Route53, AMI, ELB, ASG, EBS, S3, Glacier, Snowball, Cloud Front, IAM, SNS, Dynamo DB, Lambda, DNS, Cloud Formation Templates, cloud watch monitoring.
- Provisioned AWS EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancer and Auto Scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and high available systems by writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience on AWS, Jenkins, ANT, Gradle, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, SVN, Maven and Nexus to build and save the artifacts.
- Experience with Azure offerings in corporate including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Migrated VM's with help of Hyper - V to Azure and chipped away at Azure administrations like IAM, Storage Blobs, SQL Database, API's, Scheduler, and CDN.
- Expert in Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Experience in pipeline of CI Jenkins, control version GitHub and CD Ansible/Chef to build and deploy end-product in the test and development environments. Implemented Jenkins Master-Slave setup to distribute the build load equally across all the nodes which will improve the performance of master.
- Expert in Building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Worked on configuration management tool Chef to automate and manage Web Applications, Databases, Packages, user Mount points and Config Files by writing custom cookbooks.
- Implemented Chef Workstation and Bootstrapped Nodes, created cookbooks and recipes using Ruby DSL and testing with Test kitchen, Food Critic, Chef solo for convergence.
- Expert in using Maven, Gradle and Ant as build tools to deploy artifacts (jar, war, ear) from source code management tool like Git and SVN. Experience with branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the versions across different environment in GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket and SVN.
- Built custom Docker images by writing Docker file to run Jenkins, Apache Tomcat and MySQL as a service inside different Docker swarm cluster for the development, test and UAT environments.
- Experience in building and tagging custom Docker images with additional requested services and stored them in the private trusted repository.
- Experience in building containerized App server to run multiple Tomcat instances by writing Chef Cookbooks with the help of Docker.
- Experience in deploying Docker and Kubernetes containers on both private and public cloud using CI/CD pipeline for developers in different environments.
- Experienced on automated multi-tier application and local user provisioning in OpenStack cloud by writing Chef recipes using Ruby scripts.
- Worked on different Web and Application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic for deployment, object pooling, connection pooling, Transaction Support and Messaging services.
- Good knowledge in implemented VMware vMotion to eliminate application downtime from planned server maintenance by migrating running virtual machines between hosts.
- Experience on Windows Servers 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and administrated User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory (AD) as required after gaining required approvals.
- Experience in provisioning LUN, LUN masking, SnapView, MirrorView, vSAN, storage group and RAID on Clariion, DMX and V-Max on SAN devices.
- Expert with different application and network services like HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, SSH, NFS, NTP and SMTP.
- Worked on designed, architected and implemented load balancing solutions for multiple applications using F5 LTM and GTM.
- Good knowledge in troubleshooted F5 Load balancer, router and other network issues by analyzing packet using Wireshark, tcpdump and open SSL and involved in data center disaster recovery tests using DNS failover of the applications.
- Experience on monitoring tools ELK stack and Splunk to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, and Developing, Testing, and Implementing Post-production analysis of the projects.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, SUN Solaris 7/8/9/10, IBM AIX, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Cloud: AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Engine (GCE)
Scripting: Bash, Shell, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML
Build/Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, Subversion (SVN), TFS
Web/App Server: Apache, Nginx, IIS, TFS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server
Web Technologies/ Programming Languages: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, XML, HTML, .Net, Java Script, Java/J2EE, C, C++, Perl scripting, Python, Shell scripting, Ruby, YAML
Confidential, Chesterfield, MO
- Architected Multi AZ Components in AWS like VPC, Subnet, Internet Gateway, Route Tables, Security Groups, NACL, AMI, EC2, IAM, RDS with Replication, S3 for Object and Static Webpages, Auto Scaling of Micro Services hosted on ECS, ELB and ALB to load balance and health check.
- Developed Terraform scripts which integrates numerous services on AWS like EC2 instances for different computational needs, RDS to configure SQL databases, DynamoDB to configure NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, and SNS for Notifications of critical issues.
- Worked on deployment of the AWS ECS clusters through Jenkins pipeline by triggering the AWS Lambda functions which updates the Task and Services to consume the newly patched Docker images from AWS ECS.
- Developed and nested Cloud formation templates by including resources like EC2, S3 buckets, IAM roles and Policies, RDS configuration, Cloud init scripts to pass in User data.
- Implemented on Azure AD connect to integrate on-premises directories with Azure active directory which provides a common identity for users for office 365, Azure and SaaS applications integrated with Azure AD.
- Developed Runbook part of Azure automation to provision the Virtual machines, manage the automation workflow by configuring runbook workers for on premise servers.
- Implemented on OpenStack services like Neutron, Cinder for Block storage, Identity, Glance for Image service, Horizon for Dashboard and SAN/NAS and created provider networks and public networks shared by different tenants in OpenStack Neutron.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks to automate Docker Image build and utilized Jenkins to auto push the image to Docker HUB, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Developed various templates in Ansible Tower to define the workflows in creating the Dev, Test, Staging environment by installing the Middleware like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, security agents like TrendMicro deep security, monitoring agents like Nagios, Splunk.
- Configured Jenkins server with complete Maven and vSphere build jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on multiple SVN repositories for VMware open virtualization format deployments.
- Implemented docker container to provide namespace allocation on different applications like tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Nginx and used blue/green deployments for the ability to roll back quickly from failures.
- Configured Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then configured Kubernetes by developing the Pod definitions, Deployments and managed using API server.
- Automated creation of the Docker images by configuring Docker Maven Plugin and pushed them in to the Private Docker registry. Developed Jenkins pipeline to run various Docker-machine commands to deploy the containers on different container optimized EC2 instance types.
- Automated deployment of the Kubernetes cluster on to the AWS using KubeAdm with Multiple Master to increase the availability, interacted with the API server by running Kubectl commands to perform rolling deployments of the newly patched Docker images.
- Created and maintained Docker container clusters conducted by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on GCP. Utilized kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD pipelining system to build, test and deploy.
- Implemented docker container runtime with the OCI standards, swarm orchestration which is used for nodes in distributed system and kubernetes master runs the Scheduler, Controller manager, API server and Etcd components for managing the kubernetes cluster. Configured Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS.
- Installation, configuration vCenter VMware ESXi, vSphere, clients and provided a centralized platform for management, operation, resource provisioning and performance evaluation of virtual machines and hosts using vCenter.
- Implemented VMware vMotion to optimize and allocate entire pools of resources for maximum hardware utilization, flexibility and availability and performed hardware maintenance without scheduled downtime.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and management of HTTP, NGINX, NTP, NFS, FTP, DHCP, DNS and configured the Firewall rules to enable service communication with different applications.
- Installed and worked on health check monitoring tools like ELK, Splunk and Nagios to keep track of server health by using logs and notifying the associated team in the event of peculiar server performance.
Confidential - Houston, Texas
- Experience on design and configure multitude applications using most of the AWS stack (VPC, EC2, Route53, S3 buckets, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, EBS) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Configured Security groups for inbound/outbound access, network ACLs for controlling traffic through subnets, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route Tables to direct the network traffic and to ensure secure zones for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Performed AWS Route53 for registering domain names and to route internet traffic for domains and monitor the health checks of the resources and make sure it is it's reachable, available, and functional.
- Integrated GitHub, Bitbucket (Git based) with Jenkins by configuring Web hooks, Installed and Configured Junit plugin to perform unit testing on the source code, Sonarqube to perform code coverage and checking the duplication of a code, build tools like Maven/Gradle/Ant to build the artifacts and upload it on to Binary repository tools like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Implemented LAMP stack image in multitier AWS instances in different subnets in Amazon VPC, attached NACL’s and Security Groups to maintain high security.
- Created Ansible playbooks for various automation purposes like file copy, permission changes, configuration changes, path specific folder creation, etc. and written playbook using Ansible modules such as yum, Copy, File, get url, git, ping, service, template, debug, synchronize.
- Integrated Jenkins with Packer to build the AMIs with latest version of the war file and Middleware like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic etc.
- Developed Ansible playbooks with various MySQL, MS SQL modules to run SQL Database migration scripts to perform A/B testing with the newly deployed applications in the Staging environment. WebSphere, WebLogic defined in Packer.json file and later triggered the Terraform scripts to create the stack on the AWS cloud environment.
- Configured Jenkins to automatically handle deployment and creation of Ansible playbooks in YAML format to spin up and configure application servers like tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Installed and configured Ansible plugin with Jenkins, developed Ansible custom modules to automate various regular maintenance work on AWS Cloud environment.
- Developed Chef cookbooks to Install and configure Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic servers on the AWS EC2 instances to create development and test environments. Version controlled the cookbooks using GitHub and tested the cookbooks using Test Kitchen, Chef Solo, Chef Spec.
- Worked on Python scripts to automate AWS services which include web servers, EC2, ELB, S3 bucket, Cloud front Distribution, database security groups and application configuration.
- Implemented Boto3 python script to integrate the application, library of the Amazon services like Compute (Amazon EC2), Storage (Amazon S3) and Amazon DB. Configured the Boto3 script to have dynamically generated by JSON model to elaborate APIs.
- Implemented auto server build management, monitoring and deployment using Puppet, and Nagios and Configure scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Implemented Puppet dashboard for quick visual snapshot of important system information and to deliver valuable reports and created a puppet database for storing information about every node, resource, relationship, users and information about entire infrastructure.
- Implemented and managed Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and delivering them to puppet clients and managing SSL certificate.
- Responsible for setting up WebLogic clusters, JDBC Datasources and involved in monitoring error logs, troubleshooting and fixing the problems.
- Implemented Splunk Dashboards, searches and reporting to support various internal clients in Security, IT Operations and Application Development. Build performance dashboards through Splunk, Extra hop, writing Java script and customized scripts and worked with internal clients to develop requirements, relationships and value metrics.
Confidential - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Developed AWS Lambda functions to trigger the creation of new instances on AWS, deploy the new war file and to create the AMI. Developed Cloud formation templates which use the new AMI to do the Immutable deployments on to AWS by updating the stack, verifying the change set and trigger the stack creation.
- Integrated Jenkins with GIT and Maven to create a pipeline of building and deploying the artifacts by pulling Puppet manifests from the version control GIT using webhook and storing them into Nexus/Artifactory.
- Used configuration management tool Puppet to write manifests to maintain consistent configuration across all the servers to avoid configuration drift by installing specific client requested packages.
- Deployed and administrated scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) using configuration management tool chef for development and test environments.
- Good knowledge in Implementation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application configured with Apache/Tomcat/Nginx, samba & send mail, Web sphere application servers and postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Configured and maintained GIT source code tool and created branches, tags and merged in GIT repository and triggered push and pull requests from Jenkins. Automated the weekly deployments using CI tool Jenkins with integrated GIT version control system to automate the code check-out process.
- Automated deployment of Web and Application servers like WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat on public and private cloud using CI/CD tools.
- Worked on Software Configuration Management with Branching and Merging methods, Version Control Systems, Integration Management, Build/Release Management and Requirement Management.
- Provisioned build environment for various products in Linux, Ubuntu, SUN Solaris, AIX environments and implemented the Release practice and responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT / UAT.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat and MySQL database for the application team and performed planned weekly and monthly maintenance task on the servers.
- Worked with various application teams which provide the operational management of Service Now applications and service management applications. For these applications, we maintain the continuous integration, deployment life cycles.
- Highly experienced with Windows OS administration and clustering support, VMware related planning, and scoping of physical servers that could be converted to virtualized instances such as Exchange 2007/2010 mailbox servers, Windows based Oracle Database servers and Active Directory servers.
- Deployed and configured VMware ESXi and designed templates to provision VMs and Implemented ESXi hosts utilizing vCenter Server. Created templates for cloning of virtual machines using VMware Virtual Client and migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Configured the network details using vSphere client and installed required software in RHEL environment. Integrated, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using YUM server and satellite server.
- Performed initial validation of Avoid software products on virtual servers. Focusing on VMware vSphere and Hyper-V hypervisors (primarily VMware). Working with other groups to maintain validation.
- Good understanding of VMware Networking concepts like building vSwitches, with several types of port groups and experienced in Patch Management of ESXi Hosts using VMware Update Manager.
- Experience in the V2V and P2V migration of Physical servers to VMware ESXi hosts and worked with datacenter support team and vendor to perform physical server hardware upgrade and replacement activity.
- Configured the vSphere Virtual Machine File System to give high performance cluster file system for ESXi virtual machines.
- Installed and configured hardware RAID card to achieve high availability and fault tolerance in event of disk failure using different RAID methods like Raid 01, RAID 5 and RAID 1.
- Created, monitored and managed VMware snapshots and SnapMirror to restore the VMs to a consistent state from the corrupt/failed state.
- Configured Logical Volume manager to create, extend and maintain volumes and check the partitions of the disk space.
- Provided and maintained user access in VMware virtual Center, configuring mail alert for any failure in HA, DRS, CPU and memory.
- Automated the planned patching process for server validations (reboot time, uptime, etc.) after monthly security updates. Troubleshooted data and network issues of over 600 Windows Servers utilizing multiple technologies to include SQL, Exchange, DHCP, DNS, DFS, IIS, FTP, SharePoint, Domain Controllers, and Active Directory.
- Provided Remote Support and administration on network for internal and external clients using tools like Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (RDP).
- Experience in installation, configuration and management of different versions of Server Operating Systems like RedHat Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and Windows Server.
- Installed and Configured various service such as HTTP, HTTPS, NTP, DNS, FTP, DHCP and NFS.
- Maintained Firewall rules and configured the port numbers of the services and enable communication with applications.
- Automated Linux and Centos server installation by Kickstart method using anaconda-ks.cfg
- Experience with Users, Groups, Special Permissions, different file systems, Yum repos and RAID level configuration.
- Automated data and services log files backup, scheduling jobs and system cleanup by writing Cron jobs.
- Expert in using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to increase or decrease the logical volume partition size upon application team requirement with different file system types.
- Implemented RSA onetime password authentication using SSH password less login method between severs to run the scheduled jobs on the target servers.
- Performed Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and APT-GET to upgrade Kernel in RedHat Linux/CentOS and Ubuntu/Debian servers respectively.
- Configured RAID 1, RAID 01 and RAID 5 to avoid system/application downtime in the event of disk failure.
- Good knowledge on performance monitoring tools TOP, NETSTAT, SAR, IOSTAT to keep track of CPU, memory, disk and network devices status.
- Expert in using filter tool AWK, SED, GREP, EGREP and FGREP.
- Troubleshooting OS/Hardware related issues and monitor server health on a day-to-day basis to maintained maximum uptime and high performance for Enterprise Production, Development, and QA environment servers.